Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Republic of Fiorenseo

Default The Republic of Fiorenseo

Nation: Fiorenseo
    Government: Representative Democracy
    Leader: Prime Minister Yebus t'Emirano
    Capital: Emirano
    Religion: Religion is allowed, but must not interfere with any aspect of the government
    Entrance: Entrance is free
    Exit: Exit is free except for those who are wanted criminals or people who cause unrest within the country.

National flag.

Any laws are to be discussed in Fiorenseo's three houses of Parliament.
    Laws can be proposed by any house, but must pass through each house by a 2/3 majority before finally coming before a small council consisting of the Prime Minister, the Minister of Science and Sorcery, and the Minister of War.

Places of interest:
    The Metareason Academy - Lead by Minister of Science and Sorcery Princeofdarknez. It is a large university founded soon after the Fiorensean's arrival on Eizon, specializing in Magic and the newly rediscovered discipline known as science.

Verdriet Mountain - it is the sore thumb ruining the tranquil, serene, and perfect landscape of the Verdantian continent. Some believe is the accumulation of all the sorrows and fears ignored by the peoples of Verdantia, who prefer to live in their wondrous habitat of innocence. Religious cults can form around this mountain, so caution is advised for any travellers.
    Last edited by Jebus; 08-05-2004 at 04:19 AM.
    lol signature

This is a teaser of what will come from N, Minister of Science and Sorcery.

1. A newer, improved name?
    2. Metareason Academy - Headmastered by N (or whatever his name will be), this academy is recognized as one of the foremost institutions for recruiting bright young students to study "sorcery", the nature of magic and its properties, as well as "science", so called "artificial magic" that works as many wonders as magic itself. This academy is located in the southeast most island of Fiorenso, so that accidents by pupils will be contained.
    3. The name of the southeast island (I'll figure it out, I'm in a bit of a creative rut. )
    4. A branch of Metareason Academy will be dedicated to following the effects of Vedriet Mountain.
    Last edited by -N-; 12-09-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

um, will there be water travelling right now? I don't think. I think it's best to keep everything nearby on the mainland for now. You can start building roads to connect towns and whatnot.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

We are totally traveling between our islands.

I should also add that Metareason Academy compiles it's vast findings in the world renowned library, #trivia.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Looking good there. Good luck.

EDIT:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nait; 08-05-2004 at 02:36 PM.

I'd prefer some name changes here. The southeast isles will be referred to as the Saraswati Archipelago (Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of wisdom), the southeast most isle to be called Verusia Island (Verus is Latin for being truthful, I think), and the middle island to be called Cielo Island (Italian for heaven). The mountain on Cielo Island will be called Sacerestus Peak (a fusion of a few Latin synonyms of holy), and this is the root of the native Fiorensian religion (if there is one and whatever it ends up being). The gods are said to have descended from this mountain in times of despair to protect their people. It is also said the holy mountain of Sacerestus Peak has some supernatural connection to Vedriet Peak. No offense to your naming, Nait, but it would make sense the country names their local landforms. I like the map.

The Minister of Science and Sorcery is now the Minister of Knowledge.

Breakdown of Metareason Academy:

Metareason Academy
    University of Natural Sciences
    School of Research
    Department of Physics
    Department of Mathematics
    Department of Ecology
    School of Development
    Department of Mechanics
    Department of Electronics
    Department of Systems
    University of Magical Studies
    School of Wizardry
    Department of Research
    Department of Development
    School of Magic
    Department of Physical Control
    Department of Mental Control
    University of Belief Studies
    School of Philosophy
    Department of Religion
    Department of Metaphysics
    Department of Zen
    School of Occults
    Department of Paranormality
    Department of Psychology
    Department of Vedriet Studies
    Department of Sacerestus Studies
    Last edited by -N-; 08-06-2004 at 08:19 PM.

Contributions

EDIT:

And for the love of all things decent, here:

EDIT:

Er, seems that my UL-tags broke the VB. <_< Commented the list away.
    Last edited by Nait; 08-06-2004 at 08:42 PM.

Yay! (It's Vedriet Peak, BTW. But cool!)

Contributions

Greetings, Lord T'Emiraano

We salute thee, and congratulate thee on thy new-found power in Viorenseeo. After long thought and meditation, we, the Council of Zhem, have decided to break the silence that has warped the air between our island and the rest of the world. We beseech thee, Prime Minister, to listen upon our words, sent out in respect to fellow leaders of our world.

Our nations are in danger. Long-standing trade-routes are being closed down, eroded, by rogue nations, bent upon the destruction of all which is civil in our regions. Large tyrannies have been born, and continue to grow with enormous speed, thanks to their brutal superiority on the battle-field, and the cruelty they are able to spread without remorse and accountability to their people. On Eiskaja – what you call Eisgaea, the southeastern grasslands have been taken over by a violent diumvriate – the dual Realms of Elennanórë. The rule upon which the formerly free people of southeastern Eiskaja has been forced is often cruel, brutish and short. Beggars line the walls of their cities, when at the same time bordellos serve their disgustingly corrupt clientèle with the finest goods money and power has to offer, all in sight of starving families and madmen drawn to insanity by grief. The Army plunders small villages, kills and sows seeds of hatred in the land, while the King and Queen sit upon their high thrones and imagine that they control a land owned by brigands and pillaging generals, sadistic nobles and rabid priests of Nuis.

And the Realms of Elennanórë is not the only case of such blatant negligence of the state. After so long, the states have stopped growing, and are descending back into the Chaos which floundered after the Rift. Two nations north of you, Rysa and Tremare, are a danger to you, and the health of everyone who lives on your lovely Verdantia.

Therefore, in the interest of everyone who lives on the face of our world, we, the Council of Zhem, send you this man – Speaker Jokinen – to you as our Ambassador, to further the discourse between our nations in these dark times. We know thou wilt heed our words, as we know that the people of Fiorenseo are a sophisticated kind, not prone to war and crime, and we wish to befriend you as the sibling in soul our nation has never met in this hostile world.

With respect,

Archcouncilor Järventaus, Councilor of Diplomacy,
    Councilor of Diplomacy Herkkala,
    and
    Councilor of Diplomacy Arvo.
    Last edited by Nait; 08-07-2004 at 11:10 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's your very own nation. The land in orange is currently the land you own. You can place a second city within the orange. If you want claim of your island, you must have a port city. You can also place roads to connect your cities.

Proto, how can the nation not own all of its land? Shouldn't it all be orange? I dunno how this works.

Jebus, do your freaking ambassadorial duties already.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We're starting off small.

Okay... would this work? Provided we name the cities, of course. *still *

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Um, only one port at a time. Once Fiorenseo grows, you can put up a new city in the closest island.

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    Jebus, do your freaking ambassadorial duties already.
    I did. I assigned you to the job because you're actually a decent ambassador from what I've seen in the old Eysonia thing.

I'll place a port later tonight, unless Neel wants to.
    lol signature