Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 8 cities should have still stayed open after beating the game

Angry Final Fantasy 8 cities should have still stayed open after beating the game

I wanna know how many people were unhappy with the fact that when you beat Final Fantasy 8 most of the places close down. I also wanna know how many people wanna have a sequel to Final Fantasy 8 with better graphics and maybe keep the same story line but, make it so you can do a bit more things.
    The Greatest warrior

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I didnt care much.

And do you mean a sequel or a remake? A sequel would have nothing to go on, everything was wrapped up nicely at the end. A remake would be dumb, I dont see why people get so uppity about graphics. Not to mention that, if they're going to graphically remake something, why not an old game, instead of such a recent one? And let's say they do redo VIII in the current graphics, what about when graphics improve even more so?

I have never played FF8 but I am unhappy about the town thing..............................................I guess.

Angry I meant sequel

That is my bad about the whole thing they should change the story line and add better graphics and maybe a couple of new characters. If they did make a sequel tho I do suggest they don't make it where you can't go into the cities after you beat it cuz it is annoying.
    The Greatest warrior

Default HELP !

jaja the worst detail in the entire game, the cities are there like in a bubble jail, do you imagine the people inside " hey Help us, ultimecia donīt let us get out of this city, waaa !", Square should have erased them for that part of the game or at least show them destroyed and desolated, but the worst thing Iīve ever seen in a FF is that Chocobo mini-game just at the end , itīs a joke ???

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder
    jaja the worst detail in the entire game, the cities are there like in a bubble jail, do you imagine the people inside " hey Help us, ultimecia donīt let us get out of this city, waaa !"
    Ultimecia compressed time, so those cities were actually overlapped version of those cities, with elements and people and events from many different parts of history, all wrapped into one. That'd be a seriously difficult effect to create, and it'd make even less sense if the party could visit these cities and tell everyone what's going on. Chances are there'd be a few others willing to fight back, if it was possible. In my opinion, the sealing of the cities represents part of Ultimecia's goal - to rule over all life. She's compressed time and brought together countless versions of all these people, now she's got them under her control.

Or Square was just lazy.

Sure, I didn't like it any, but at least there's that Call Shop ability of Tonberry's.

:shoot:

WE WANT A SEQUAL
    wel...i do
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

just like in FF9 where you can barely go anywhere at the end of the game
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Be perfectly honest, what would you actually do in said towns? With Tonberry on your side you don't need to go into the towns anyway. You want to stay clear of Balamb anyway, with that dodgy fish...

In FFIX it is a bit more annoying though... but thats not the point, this is an FFVIII section.
    www.yuriprime.tk Sometimes a good Renzokuken can solve all of your problems...
    Look into the Darkness, and what do you see? You see me in yourself. Hate me... curse me... fear me... rise up and FIGHT ME!
    I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard, handful of complaints but I can't help the fact that everyone can see these scars...
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Well, there are certain side quests that get you really good prizes, but they're only open if the cities are. That leaves a small window of opportunity for the ones that open up near the end of disc three, and if you forget one of them, then you're SOL.

:shoot:

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

yeah, it was a bit iffy, becaue in every other FF (i THINK 9, it's been a while) you could get right up to the boss in the last dungeon and then go...welllll.....MAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEE i want to go do EVERY side quest in the game now. though, if your FF skilled you can tell quite easy that the s is about to hit the fan before you got to lunatic pandora, so theres not much excuse for getting locked out. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but can't you still do deep sea research center?

And for the record, sequal: yes. Remake: NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. and with altered storylines and extra characters? My GOD man, how can you even think it!!!! *shakes head in shame*

about to insert the "P" disapointedchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyzAntidote
    And for the record, sequal: yes. Remake: NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. and with altered storylines and extra characters? My GOD man, how can you even think it!!!! *shakes head in shame*
    You coundn't be more right, or could you... *ponders the thought*

As for cities staying open, if they did, the whole thought of time compression would be gone. Anyways, we got tonberry.
    Last edited by disapointedchild; 08-08-2004 at 04:21 AM.
    Too big. The height limit is 250 pixels including images as well as text.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I don't know about you, but with the constant mentions of time compression approaching, I went and finished up everything I could before I moved on. I didn't exactly know that the cities were going to be blocked, but I had a feeling that there wasn't going to be much to do except infiltrate Ultimecia's castle.

Like others have said, if you have the Tonberry GF, you're perfectly fine. I don't know, but I also think you can still get Tonberry after time compression too. Not sure though, it's been a while since I played through.

Warning: spoilers below.

About a sequel: no. Like somebody said, the whole plot was tied up. We know what is going to happen: Ultimecia is going to come around somehow and all the SeeDs are going to die fighting her until there's nothing left, at which point, through time compression, Squall and the gang will show up and kill Utlimecia. But that's only what would happen if time works like I think it does.

If I'm correct, Ultimecia never completed complete time compression. However, because they defeated her while time was compressing she may have been wiped from existance throughout time and space. However, if this was the case, none of the events of FFVIII would have happened because since Ultimecia no longer existed, Edea would have never been possessed and the whole sorceress ordeal would never have happened. Then again, I might just be confusing myself because I have nothing better to do.

Making a remake with a different plot would be pointless. It would be a completely different game, and if you're going to go that far, you might as well just make a completely different game with different characters and a different world.