Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So... DooM 3 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by noname
    Doom 3 mostly single player right now, and when half life 2 comes out hopefully it will have alot of online game types. Besides Doom 3's deathmatch. If you like playing with human beings rather then bots, which is fun. Go Half Life 2.
    You're completely wrong because the ONLY multiplayer that will come with HL2 is Counter-Strike: Source.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

...uh, would you mind putting up a link to back that up? I could see Valve offering a new CS through Steam or packaging it, but it doesn't seem like they'd only package CS with no other game types.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The darkness of the game bothers me. I know exactly where a monster is, but I can't hit it without light.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Now i didnt buy the game i downloaded it onto my friends comp. and we putin plenty of hours and theres still more for us to do, so im thinking that its worth buying, ill find out when i check out the multiplayer system.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Pie!
    The darkness of the game bothers me. I know exactly where a monster is, but I can't hit it without light.

I found this also rather difficult to work with, the are however ways to avoid such... difficulties... I havent done this myself but theres been over 1400 downloads of the Duct Tape Mod. This mod works on the simple principle that there was a single roll of duct tape somewhere on the station, that u obtained. This is the explaination:

About DuctTape 0003

Under the crazy presumption that a roll of duct tape has to exist somewhere on the Mars facility, the Duct Tape mod sticks flashlights to your machinegun and shotgun. In order to preserve the atmosphere, these new lights are much narrower (and a little brighter) than the standard flashlight, and are only available on the basic weapons. The pistol is not equipped with a flashlight, so as not to spoil the early sections of the game.

U can find the duct tape mod HERE!!!

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calipso12
    You're completely wrong because the ONLY multiplayer that will come with HL2 is Counter-Strike: Source.
    Not true. Countless FREE mods are currently being developed and other 1st party mods are being created right now. GAH WHY HASNT THIS GAME COME OUT YET???!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

CloudSquallandZidane, if you're looking at the multiplayer before you decide on your purchase, you're looking at the wrong aspect of the game. Honest, the multiplayer downright sucks. Four player max, laggyness everywhere, just leave the multiplayer to UT2k4.

Also, it's my belief that the duct tape mod completely ruins the way the game's supposed to feel. You're supposed to feel weak and vulnerable with the flashlight, but with it, you also get vision. It's not that hard to switch around your weapons, people just have a problem adapting to it for whatever reason. I beat the entire game with absolutely no problems with the darkness, I just used the flashlight the way they intended it to be used.

You downloaded doom 3? where? I certainly wont hesitate to get doom 3 if i can DOWNLOAD it!

FFXIV Character

Denston Fairclough (Midgardsormr)

This game caused me to reinstall Windows. I wanted to play at at least 30 fps, so I started screwing with my video card, and sure enough, I screwed with it to the point where I couldn't see anything on the screen anymore. La.

Tried to fix that a number of different ways, but none of them worked.

I think I'll wait for the XBox version...It won't be the same without a keyboard, but I don't really care. At least it'll be playable.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    You downloaded doom 3? where? I certainly wont hesitate to get doom 3 if i can DOWNLOAD it!
    Support iD for the hard work and dedication they've put into this game, okay?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Seifer
    This game caused me to reinstall Windows. I wanted to play at at least 30 fps, so I started screwing with my video card, and sure enough, I screwed with it to the point where I couldn't see anything on the screen anymore. La.
    So, what you're saying is that you caused yourself to reinstall Windows by messing around with your video card to play Doom 3, right?

I still say it has nothing on System Shock 2. Those spider things made me freak the hell out when playing, I was covered in goosebumps while fighting them. And the game actually had something more than point and shoot to it. A lot more. O_o
    Doom 3? Nothing remotely that close on terms of scariness or fun...
    Then again, maybe it was just a dream afterall...

FFXIV Character

Denston Fairclough (Midgardsormr)

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    So, what you're saying is that you caused yourself to reinstall Windows by messing around with your video card to play Doom 3, right?
    You can say that, but I blame Doom 3 for making me crave for it at a decent fps a little too much.

It's alright... It's a good game but it's nowhere near the amount of fun that the old dooms were.

if u wanted doom 3 running smooth u should of used the tweak i posted earlier in the thread :P

I got Doom 3 and in the beginning of the game I thought it was great but by the end it got far too repeditive and boring. More levels in hell or anywhere besides the martian base would have helped this game immensly.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My dad bought it and has already beat it twice. I, on the other hand, haven't gotten out of the 4th level. <<
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!