Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So... DooM 3 is out.

Are there people in the game that talk to you and give you advice like in Halflife or is it all open the door, kill the monsters, find the key, kill the monsters, unlock the door, etc.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You run into a few people, though the majority of advice you recieve comes from downloading data from people's PDAs and reading their e-mails or listening to their audio logs.

FFXIV Character

Denston Fairclough (Midgardsormr)

Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon
    if u wanted doom 3 running smooth u should of used the tweak i posted earlier in the thread :P
    I did use that tweak...along with fifty other tweaks. Then I updated my GeForce Driver to GeForce omega driver...then I rolled it back for a second and that was it. No more screen. I'll admit...it was running much smoother, but still not good enough.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What GeForce card do you have?

FFXIV Character

Denston Fairclough (Midgardsormr)

128mb FX 5200 PCI...Yes, it's a very crappy card. One of the worst there is, from what I hear. I should have waited to get a 256mb FX 5700 AGP...at least I know that one runs it smooth.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I am running DooM3 on a 5100 Geforce...but I have a gig of ram and 3.0 P4 so it runs pretty smooth at 640x480 after I updated my drivers.

I need to get a good graphics card instead of the junk I have now. I don't want to spend a lot but I want some bang so I was thinking about a 9600XT by Radeon.

DooM 3 kicks so much ass though. All the darkness is really cool. ALthough I must admit I thought the game would look a lot better in the lighting and texture department. Maybe a better card so I can turn AA on would fix that but I doubt it.

I dont know... even with Geforce 4MX Doom 3 has the best lighting engine ive ever seen in a game... seriously... it rocks... in the lighting department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

It is the best I have seen also but it doesn't mean that I wasn't expecting even more. An example is that flash light. Its just a little texture they put up there. The light doesn't really seem to 'expand' like a flash light. I also notice that mirrors didn't reflect the light from the flash light in bathrooms. Thats the kind of stuff I expect at the very least out of the game.

While the other stuff is really great it is ashame that these other things have gone unnoticed which is why I was expecting more. I am not dissappointed...but I was expecting a lot more.