Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill 3

well yes it was silent hil 2. And if you don't want to call them zombies just call them monsters then.

And to the point where I played it to it was indeed just a repetitive game where all you do is find your way through a building and kill 'monsters' in each room. Now if there were some story scenarios then I could see it being scary. But I have a hard time viewing a video game as being scary because the room I am in looks creepy.

Yeah well, I still think you're playing the wrong game. Or you didn't play much of it.

What do you mean by story scenarios?

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I know. The game is basically uninterrupted. Only puzzles.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

well what I meant by story scenarios is that the plot would explain why there are zombies coming out of every room and why the atmosphere is supposed to be scary.

But when it is just a bunch of random monster encounters in each room and the game doesn't explain why that is it is hard to get in or stay into it.

It does though. In number one.
    And there's stuff for you to figure out on your own. The story is very deep.

There's a link somewhere that helps to explain it, but I doubt you want to see it, seeing as you hate the game or whatever.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Silent Hill never spells the story out for you. They lay out hints for you on the rare occasion you run into another person, and through the various puzzles, scraps of notes lying around, or even a picture. That's what I love the most about it: the creators of the game assume you have a brain and expect you to use it. I wish more games would do that.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    :laughing: Aheheheheheh....actually, I haven't played Silent Hill 1. I just gleaned a few details reading a Silent Hill 3 Strategy Guide.
    Well, then you sould be playing SH1 first. After all, SH3 is the continuation. You wouldn't watch Kill Bill before Kill Bill 1, eh? Anyway, there is a bit more than the Alessa/Dahlia thing. You should try getting the good ending(not good+). SH3 continues from that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    I tell you, I nearly pissed my pants every times I saw Pyramid Head in 2. Just walking through the darkness to see him standing there was horrible.

I refuse to play Silent Hill games in anything other than complete darkness. It adds to the whole creepiness factor tenfold.

That pyramid head guy scared the crap out of me too! I remember being chased by him in the hospital I think and you had to run through water in these corridors and I was freaked he was going to be behind me every time I turned around. Yep, he was definitely SCARY!

I only play it in the dark too. You need the atmosphere to be just right for Silent Hill. That's how the game is meant to be played.

Contributions

I saw a pic of Pyramid head....yeesh! THAT is not something I'd like to meet in a dark alley...

Many thanks Christmas!

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every time I think about pyramid head it makes me shudder. What's worse is that you can't even do anything about them. The only thing you can do is run away, and hope they won't be at the next turn. Okay. I've GOT to go and buy the first one. I'm in the mood for something creepy, and psychological right now.

--Box Box Box Box

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like pyramid head. He scared the excrements out of my cousin. :freak:

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the Pyramid Head was kind of silly looking, to be honest. It did make for some good tension, though. Kind of like Nemesis in RE3.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, it's always good with a challenge like an invincible monster. Nemesis sure made my nerves shaky I felt too powerful when playing SH2, so it was a good addition.

Contributions

Yeah, next time I'm in the city, I'm'a gonna buy SIlent Hill 1 and 3 for sure. At the moment. Silent Hill 2 and 4 will come later.

Many thanks Christmas!

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mwaha. Finally bought SH1. After SH2 (which is creepy and disturbing in so many ways, but not....make-me-jump scary), I wasn't expecting this to be THAT scary. I was wrong. Even the music is crepy. I've only played about 5 or 6 hours or so, but it was definitley worth that 10 bucks.

--Box Box Box Box