Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill 3

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Default Silent Hill 3

Who here has played this game? I just rented it, and.....brrrrrrr......

A word of advice? Playing this game just prior to going to sleep? Not recommended.

[EDIT:] Ooops. Sorry.
    Last edited by Giga Guess; 08-07-2004 at 09:40 PM.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wrong forum. *moves*

Blog Entries

I actually bought it recently for my PC...but only to find out that my computer didn't have the acquired "things??" to run it

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Played it and beat it a numerous amount of times on PS2. It's become one of my favourite PS2 games, very moody-- the free soundtrack is also a nice addition.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It looks so good, but I've only played the second one. But I heard that the first and third one are more connected, so I can't play this one for awhile. I was playing SH2 at 1:00 in the morning once...couldn't go to bed for a LONG time. I was constantly getting up and walking around my room, making sure no one was there. Yeah, I'm lame...

Is it any good, by the way?

--Box Box Box Box

its a great game....im up to the park in the middle of the game

during the hospital the mirror scared the capr out of me.....i could not look at a big mirror for ages....

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Contributions

Yeah? Well after facing off against a couple of those dogs, and trying to sleep, a local dog started barking it's fool head off. Scared the hell outta me!

Many thanks Christmas!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Silent Hill 3 is a nice game. I'm having a real hard time choosing a favorite out of the three Silent Hill games. Heather is obviously the superior main character, but I didn't really like the levels in SH3 (Subway, Sewers, Amusement park). It did have some great puzzles though Quite the scary one too, I remember jumping when running by the phone in the subway and it started ringing :o

now when people say these silent hill games are so scary are they more or less just talking about all the zombies and what not that jump up and surprise you, Or is there something within the plot that makes the game scary.

I played #2 for a little while and to tell you the truth all I really got out of it was a boring hack and slash zombie game. Not a scary zombie game. Though I didn't finish it as I just started getting a little to bored of going to one room and killing a few zombies then going to the next room to kill a few more zombies.

So for those of you who think these games are so scary. What is it in your opinions that make them scary.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The whole atmosphere of them, is more than a little creepy. They aren't like RE games where it's more of a 'BOO'! type of thing. I think these games are more unsettling, and disturbing. It's more of a psychological thing.

--Box Box Box Box

I love the Silent Hill series. I've played one, two and i'm playing three at moment. I'm up to the Subway bit. I think my favourite would be the first Silent Hill. I love the atmosphere the game creates, the mysterious characters, the storyline and the creepy locations. I also love how it scares the crap out of me. I only ever play the games at night because I love being scared (though I have had to sleep with the light one before!).

Contributions

So what should I know for a fact from Silent Hill 1 so I'm not completely lost? I mean I know the basics, about Dahlia and Alessa, and stuff...any other details I should know?

Many thanks Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono
    now when people say these silent hill games are so scary are they more or less just talking about all the zombies and what not that jump up and surprise you, Or is there something within the plot that makes the game scary.

I played #2 for a little while and to tell you the truth all I really got out of it was a boring hack and slash zombie game. Not a scary zombie game. Though I didn't finish it as I just started getting a little to bored of going to one room and killing a few zombies then going to the next room to kill a few more zombies.

So for those of you who think these games are so scary. What is it in your opinions that make them scary.
    I think you're playing the wrong game, chum. No zombies in Silent Hill. And it's not even a hack and slash zombie game. You might be thinking of Resident Evil.

As for what makes it scary is the fact that it's downright creepy. The settings and atmosphere is unsettling to say the elast. You enter places that are normally innocent (Elementary school, amusement parks, hospitals, malls, etc) that are turned into litteral nightmares. The monsters themselves are disturbing. I tell you, I nearly pissed my pants every times I saw Pyramid Head in 2. Just walking through the darkness to see him standing there was horrible.

I refuse to play Silent Hill games in anything other than complete darkness. It adds to the whole creepiness factor tenfold.

And Giga, that's about all you need to know. If you've played 1, then you're golden.
    Last edited by Zell's Fists of Fury; 08-15-2004 at 07:20 AM.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

The games usually don't scare me until toward the end of the game, when the plot is all built up, the world is completely twisted, and it's just so freaking stressful to play. I remember being scared to death at the end of the first game every time I opened a door, because I had NO idea wtf the game was going to through at me next. Gyaaah, I shut the game off in panic and hid under my blankets more than once.

As for SH3, I enjoyed playing it. It wasn't quite as scary to me as the first game, but freakier than the second. I was incredibly disappointed with the plot, though. I had the whole thing figured out before I even bought the damned thing, so I was kind of sad to see my suspicions played out exactly.

Contributions

:laughing: Aheheheheheh....actually, I haven't played Silent Hill 1. I just gleaned a few details reading a Silent Hill 3 Strategy Guide.

Many thanks Christmas!