Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shinra

Default Shinra

I don't realy think the Shinra are bad. Here is why place:

1, They are fighting Cloud and co, but only because there are terorists. They blew up a reactor, didn't they? Althroug I admit that they are dealing with them rather excessive.

2, OK, they were sucking up the life energy of the planet. But don't many other organisations polute the air and the waters, or cut out forests? They weren't ecological, but I wouldn't call this evil.

3, They went after the same goal as Cloud and co-defeating Sephiroth. It's not their fault that Cloud always went into their way.

I'm not saing the Shinra are pure goodnes, or that Cloud is the real villian of the game, only that Shinra isn't an evil organisation, only a industy looking after their bussiness.

What do you think?

I think most of the Shinra was pretty freakin' corrupt. I think in the past they were just an industry looking after their business, but somewhere along the line, things got way out of hand. Rufus was pretty crooked, and so was his old man.... though Reeve's not a bad guy, and the Turks aren't inherently evil. I'd say the latter is an example of just doing their job.

They were frickin' playing God, making clones and monsters! They also killed an old man for trying to help Barret and Dyne.

What good do you see in that?

:shoot:

I didn't say they were good. And wasn't it Scarlet who killed the man?

Scarlet is part of Shinra, and I don't recall her getting fired like she should have.

Not all of Shinra are like her. Reeve is proof of that and the most people in the Shinra building seemed quite normal to me too. And there was nobody who could fire Scarlet at that point, and I don't think an ordinary soldier would say anithing against their supperiors

I would. Reeves seems to be the only non-corrupt person there. All the minor soldiers will do anything they're told, so they're no better.

Cloud and even Zack were shinra soldiers too. And they would likely stay in Shinra if it wouldn't be for the incident. Would you say they were evil too?

If they performed evil deeds, yes.

Maybie they did...

I doubt it. Wasn't the Nibelheim mission their first?

I doubt it too, but it's possible. I think it wasn't Zacks first mission, only Clouds.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think Rufus was quite a noble leader actually, and wasn't really evil. He certainly did a lot more for the people than his father did, and saved a heck of a lot of lives.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

"2, OK, they were sucking up the life energy of the planet. But don't many other organisations polute the air and the waters, or cut out forests? They weren't ecological, but I wouldn't call this evil."

yes there are many corporations today that. and you know what, those corporations ARE BAD! one of the messages of FF7 in my opinion, was not to allow for corporations to abuse people, destroy the environment, throw wars like a party, or lie cheat and steal, for the sole purpose of profit. its sickening, is what it is.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

And what about (SPOILER) the dropping of the Sector 7 plate That always struck as the mosty inherently evil act in the game. And who did it? Shinra.