Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelda 2: Adventures of Link

Default Zelda 2: Adventures of Link

Im alot farther than I have ever been in.....7 or so years. I ust talked to Error and he told me to go to the graveyard and find a hole to jump in. (nice guy huh?) So i jumped right in and there are 2 directions. Left and right. (side scrollers have a habbit of giving you only 2 choices) Left is the exit and Right is a verry steep cliff i can't climb and yes I have the "JUMP" spell. but its still realy freaken steep. Anyone know how i can get up there? The only thing I havn't done yet (I think) Is find some ladies Mirror. Maybe she will give me some sort of super jump spell. Too bad I DONT KNOW WHERE THE MIRROR IS!!!

I hope one of you guys can remember far enough back to help me out here.

Edit: Nevermind, the Fairie spell works well ^.^
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 08-08-2004 at 11:56 PM.

OMG thats the exact same cliff that made me give the game up 12 years ago.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I gave up after the first village. There was a hole in the ground :/

Well, then neither of you would know how to get up here. The blocks are the only way in, how do you get the upstab attack?

Edit: ....nevermind
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 08-09-2004 at 01:56 AM.

tasty are you playing the game on a emulator, if so where did you get the rom?
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

I will tell ya when I can

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Played the game. Loved it. It's one of my favorite Zeldas to date.

The downside is that I don't remember very much about the game. It is very confusing. I do remember one VERY confusing palace with a giant world map maze before it. I believe that would be the sixth palace.

I also remember a part where you had to go through a very difficult maze to get a hammer. Of course, the final palace is also EXTREMELY difficult. Not only are the path to the palace and the palace itself tough, but there are two bosses in the final palace.

I would consider it the toughest Zelda game, only because it focuses more on actual player skill rather than puzzle solving ability.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a copy of it for NES. I was stuck for the longest time on the first dungeon because I couldn't get past those guys with the shields without dying.

Now I'm stuck at that river town...I'm supposed to go to a forest or something. I don't recall exactly.

Sure the game is hard, but was I the only person to ever make it through without sucking horribley... 10 years ago (at age 6??).

It seems you all worked out your problems, but honestly, the only part that ever stumped me was just finding the Pheonix in Ganon's Palace... that's where I used to always give up.

Soooo, where is the last palace? I guess im supposed to get past this somehow.

OH and here is your link dude (ha ha get it? link?)
    OMFG LEIK LOOK TEH FREAKEN ZELDA 2 ROM IS HERE!!!!

How do I get past this spider?

But i think its odd that the last palace didn't crumble...maybe i missed something. I still have 1 key but I have no idea where it goes!!

Screenies
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 08-09-2004 at 02:27 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I also gave up the game after I forgot to obtain the treasure from one of the Palaces. The Palace was destroyed after I beat the boss, and it turned to stone. So, I couldn't get back inside to collect the item that I needed to finish the rest of the game. It even says in the instruction manual: "Don't forget to find the secret item within each dungeon, as once you've finished the dungeon you won't be able to go back inside!"

Stupid game.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by TasteyPies
    How do I get past this spider?

But i think its odd that the last palace didn't crumble...maybe i missed something. I still have 1 key but I have no idea where it goes!!
    You're probably missing the whistle from the 5th dungeon. You need that to access the 6th palace, let alone get within range of it.
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

....whistle?....
    GRRRARR!!!! I HAVE BEEN THROUGH EVERY INCH OF THT DUNGEON 5 TIMES!!! ......oh well....Im going to look again. I still havn't found the item in that dungeon...maybe should draw a map like I used to do when I was 7.

For crissakes.....Secret passageway

1st pic: My inventory
    2nd pic: 5th dungeon...right?
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 08-09-2004 at 06:01 PM.

Yeah, that dungeon. I don't remember the layout that well, but I do remember there being a false wall somewhere. If you didn't know about it, you might want to check there. Otherwise, keep combing.

*is amazed at the lack of the life spell*
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkKnight
    Yeah, that dungeon. I don't remember the layout that well, but I do remember there being a false wall somewhere. If you didn't know about it, you might want to check there. Otherwise, keep combing.

*is amazed at the lack of the life spell*
    Life spell? where?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    "Don't forget to find the secret item within each dungeon, as once you've finished the dungeon you won't be able to go back inside!"
    Fixed in the rom aparently

BlkNight, do you know where I can find the hidden town? The one in the forest?
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 08-09-2004 at 06:18 PM.