Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question thread.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Default Question thread.

I can't bother hunt around where I should post questions by topic, so I'm making this thread to ask questions of miscellaneous origin for our local moderators.

Question one:

Do elves live long? If any of the races lives too long - over a hundred years old - I'm going to throw a hissy-fit and hold my breath UNTIL I DIE.

Cause long-living races are TEH SUK

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

When do we get to invade the Nation of Zhem?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Will new technoligical advances be set each week and will we be allowed to chose from a selection? Also can we set our own way of how our technology advances? Are we allowed to advance our technology faster at the expensive of say a low population or lack of outside contact?
    FOA

Contributions

On a side-note, could we please play religions as separate entities from nations, if not controlled by nations or just existing within a nation? Like, someone could play to be the Archbishop of Fellaėton who rules over the souls of all Nuists on Eisgaea. :o

Sort of an add-on question, but will there be a variety of natural disasters that will occur, a la` Sim City that all the leaders must deal with, such as volcanic eruption, or lack of rain?

Take care all.

when does it all start
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

Contributions

Oh, and could I fiddle a bit with my climate? I'd like about 5 months of winter and 8 months of summer.

How drawn to scale are the maps? For instance, how far is my region from a neighboring region in miles/kilometers? If I'm too far from a region based on distance, then it will obviously greartly impact my ability to trade with them.

Take care all.

Contributions

I've been wondering that, too. But then I decided "eh why bother." Cause, y'know, if it's to earth-scale, well, then nothing would happen for ages cause travel would take long, and if it's smaller than earth then its gravity and rotational period and stuff would be different. And then I decided not to care but sit back and listen to the monies roll in.

can you answer my Q
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll try to answer accordingly.

Do elves live long? If any of the races lives too long - over a hundred years old - I'm going to throw a hissy-fit and hold my breath UNTIL I DIE.
    As far as I know, age does not really matter in this world. Are we going to role play? No. So, the answer is, age does not matter. But anyhoo, I'll say that Elves and the Luscervans will live longest out of all five races, when living in conditional regions. Ingmarians live longest in the desert regions, and humans live to their normal ages in all regions.

When do we get to invade the Nation of Zhem?
    Super Shiny Land will be able to invade Zhem when they have a port and sea-travelling is allowed.

Will new technoligical advances be set each week and will we be allowed to chose from a selection? Also can we set our own way of how our technology advances? Are we allowed to advance our technology faster at the expensive of say a low population or lack of outside contact?
    Technology will advance at a steady pace. Let's say that minor advances will come weekly, but once, twice, or maybe three times, will there be a major advance. As of right now, the technoligy is set at the mideivel era, so we're bound to have plenty of technology advances when the nations are all ready with a thread. Anyway, if a nation has a science study, maybe BoB and I will give them a head start on the next major science breakthrough. Who knows?

On a side-note, could we please play religions as separate entities from nations, if not controlled by nations or just existing within a nation? Like, someone could play to be the Archbishop of Fellaėton who rules over the souls of all Nuists on Eisgaea. :o
    Sure, why not. Just as long as others are cool with it. Just remember that Eizon doesn't have an official religion, if any, at all. You're free to start religions.

Sort of an add-on question, but will there be a variety of natural disasters that will occur, a la` Sim City that all the leaders must deal with, such as volcanic eruption, or lack of rain?
    Well, it's possible we could get to that, but not right now. We're still in the process of starting the world.

when does it all start
    Maybe this week at the earliest when each nation has a thread.

Oh, and could I fiddle a bit with my climate? I'd like about 5 months of winter and 8 months of summer.
    Sure, but it must fit in realistically with the climate of the area in general. If your region is mostly desert, having it snow during winter isn't really realistic.

How drawn to scale are the maps? For instance, how far is my region from a neighboring region in miles/kilometers? If I'm too far from a region based on distance, then it will obviously greartly impact my ability to trade with them.
    Use your judgement. To me, I'd say that Eizon is about the size of Mars, maybe larger.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

There will be chocobos right?

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't see why not.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Yeah my people ride on desert chocobos

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Can someone post here with the link to get the Eizon title as I've lost it and theres a few other people who want their title
    FOA