Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Sure, I'll buy it now. No need to think it through any further."

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default "Sure, I'll buy it now. No need to think it through any further."

Are you a 'decisive shopper'? Do you decide what you want, then go out and get it, with no diversions and no pondering?

Or are you, like me, horribly indecisive, often fretting over minor purchases, weighing up the pros and cons, the need, the point of what you're considering?

Discuss how you shop and why.

O_O omg, i can NEVER decide on anything! unless it is something that i absolutely need... then i dont really need to think about it. But yeah, i take forever trying to decide whether or not to buy something. and if i get into the Bath n Body store... i can't decide on which fragrance of what. >_<"! and don't get me started on the disney store! so many things i need, and can only chose one O_O or maybe none.

I pretty much think about every purchase for about 3 minutes untill i go "eh, what the hell." except when it comes to Green Goblin toys. that's one i NEVER need to think about.

Make A Grave For The Unknown Soldier,
    Nestled In Your Hollow Shoulder,
    The Unknown Soldier...

MY FORUM~~PLEASE JOIN!

I don't like shopping, so I'll rarely go out unless I already know what I'm going to buy. Deciding at home is much, much easier than deciding in the store, so deciding whether to make a purchase or no is much easier this way.

When buying something expensive I might go over the pros and cons of the product more carefully, but I make sure that my mind is made up before I enter the store.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, I hate wasting time while going shopping
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

I'm a stupid shopper, usually when I buy something I think to myself (I know I could have done better then this.)

Blog Entries

I actually have shopping rules. When I buy clothes, I have to buy a pair of jeans and matching top. Can't buy one without the other. My mother finds it quite annoying but I'm anal about it. I usually don't plan what it is exactly I'm going to buy but I usually know what I want as I walk past it and I justify my reasons for the purchase in about half a second in my head. (eg. "Man, 2 Fast 2 Furious sure was a cool movie..hey look Need For Speed: Underground! *buys*)

It depends what im buying. I can take an hour picking out a game. Then I can take 3 seconds to pick out shoes.

Blog Entries

I know that this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to ask y'all a question. Is it free to download roms from EoFF ? I've just downloaded a snes emulator and Final Fantasy VI game, is this going to cost me anything?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I know that this is totally off topic, but I just wanted to ask y'all a question. Is it free to download roms from EoFF ? I've just downloaded a snes emulator and Final Fantasy VI game, is this going to cost me anything?
    If you know it's totally off topic, why did you post it? :rolleyes2
    The rules should be somewhere in the rom section.

ON TOPIC: I just buy stuff. I don't really think it out, unless it's a game that I know is coming out soon. I'm an impulse buyer. I bought my current computer off of an impulse. I thought to myself "I need a new computer." so I went out and blew almost all my money on one. ;o
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The more it costs, the more I research before I buy. I spent about a month looking at computers before I got this one, and I spent at least a couple of weeks looking at TV's before I got my 28" Flatscreen. When buying games on eBay, if there's a decent amount on sale, I watch them for at least a day, checking the prices they're usually going for. When looking for stuff that requires services, such as hosting, I spend about a week or so looking around. When looking for food, I just go and buy it from wherever, same with clothes. It's mainly technical stuff that I look into before I buy. I'm looking at getting a second PC right now and I've found a few on eBay, so I've registered at a few hardware forums asking for their opinions as I'm not too sure on the quality of the hardware components.

So no, I'm not indecisive, but I am smart when I make a purchase or bid on an auction. I just often spend a length of time before I make the decision, that's all.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

If it's something minor, I do little to no research, and just buy whatever seems right, with little hassle or wasted. But, if it's something that costs a lot, or something that I'll be using for a long time, I can put a lot of thought into it. For example, I recently bought speakers for my PC - after spending nearly 3 weeks finding out everything I could about PC speakers, brands, etc. I don't, however, linger about after I've made my mind.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, maybe a bit too desisive. When I go out shopping I get what I want, unless it's extremely expensive. Sometimes I regret buying things that end up being horrible, like some CDs I've bought... *cough* Blindside, 3 Doors Down, Adema CDs *cough*

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I never carry money with me when I'm in town, because if I see something that looks the slightest bit attractive, I'll probably buy it without thinking twice. I wish I could be a little more careful when it comes to my purchases, but I am on a good wage, so I don't think too much about the prices.

I really need to start being a little more sensible, though.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

i'm always sure of what im going to buy, unless it's a book or a C.D