Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

Hey, I'm new here, and I've got a question.

I just recently beat FF6 from FF anthology and while I love the game, the loading times are so tedious! I've heard a lot of people say the SNES version is way better, and I was wondering if it was worth it to buy a SNES and then buy FF3/6 for the SNES. I also plan on buying FF2/4 for the SNES as well just to experience the easy version of that game.

I think VI is the best FF outta the 6 that I've played, and I really wanna play it again, but the loading times are just so annoying. Then again, buying a SNES and FF3/6 can't be that cheap. So I was hoping that you guys could tell me if it's worth it. Thanks a bunch.

I liked the PS version better. If you want to play the SNES version, tyou should try it on a emulator. I don't think you will be able to find a SNES anyway.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

yes, get it, get as many ffVI copys as u can cause, as u said, the game rules.

however i prefer the PSX version for its extra features which r amazing. the loading times dont bother me slightly.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

The game runs near perfectly on the ZSNES emulator so you may want to give that a shot. If you do this you may want to invest some money in a controller for your computer because it makes the game a lot easier to play. If you're interested in a more difficult version of the game you may want to consider FFVI Expert Version 2 which you can find at my website.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The SNES version isn't any better in terms of what's in the game. The game itself is exactly the same with some EXTREMELY minor dialogue changes that you won't even notice unless you're being super-anal. The only advantage it has is that there are no loading times, but you can actually shorten the load time if you have a PS2.