Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Public alliances, please respond to this thread.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I was joking. Besides... it wouldn't a wise alliance anyway, considering something else, eh, Psy?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The fact that Nait would PM you every day with pages full of information about the stock market?

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Heath - I feel that alliances in a low-tech level setting that span the whole globe is a bit unrealistic, so no, this time.

Though I could send you frequent visitors, traders and such. *nod*

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

trancekujasm (20:27:42): I wouldn't ally with Nait until I get aircraft or ships xD
    Skykotik (20:27:58): You're SO saying that to stop you being invaded

But yeah, I was joking anywhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar
    This is gonna end up like World War I if a war does break out xD
    That's why I propose WORLDCON. It is supposed to be similar to the UN except minus the presence of a US-like nation, since no superpowers have developed yet. It would be an excellent international system of checks and balances, in my opinion.

Diplomatic channels lead to alliances. I believe my letters mentioned the concepts of alliance and positive diplomatic channels, so consider them alliances, Nait.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    That's why I propose WORLDCON. It is supposed to be similar to the UN except minus the presence of a US-like nation, since no superpowers have developed yet. It would be an excellent international system of checks and balances, in my opinion.
    WORLDCON. At least change the name to something more appropriate. WORLDCON... *grmbl* You'd think this is a 21th century simulation instead of a low-tech "medieval" type setting.

I could have made a democracy! But I didn't! Cause that's just not feasible in a low-tech medieval setting with ignorant peasants! >:O

Diplomatic channels lead to alliances. I believe my letters mentioned the concepts of alliance and positive diplomatic channels, so consider them alliances, Nait.
    Bollocks I will. You've just copy and pasted the same letter here and there, to garner as many diplomatic channels as you can.

I'm not adding Alliances until I've seen both parties sign that line with their own blood!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wouldn't that make it like the League of Nations? Which eventually failed miserably?

i have joined with niefeilhiem
    [leeza]Sig width limit: 550 pixels.
    Sig filesize limit: 50 kb.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Wouldn't that make it like the League of Nations? Which eventually failed miserably?
    It failed because it didn't have the support of a major world power. If everyone supports it, it works. *smacks you with a history book* :rolleyes:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Can I set up peace agreements with the following states please:
    Sephxania
    Zhem

The agreements state that during times of peace free trade and mutual cooperation will be made between Atlantica and the above states

However Atlantica still reserves the right to refuse entry to any person(s) that attempt to enter its state if it feels their journey is unjustified.
    FOA

Blog Entries

It failed because it didn't have the support of a major world power. If everyone supports it, it works. *smacks you with a history book* :rolleyes:
    Neel, that's like saying Communism works if everyone supported it. IN THEORY. IN THEORY!

Articles

But what's the point of everyone being in peace? This is a game. How exciting is sitting back and doing sod all? I'll tell you just how exciting sitting back and doing sod all is. Not at all.

If you all enjoy sitting back and setting the percentage to tax farmers of their income aka sod all, then fine, be my guest. I've made peace with those who I want to, and as for those who I haven't, they'll be invaded. Simple as that.

Blog Entries

Go Psy go!

There's a handshake agreement with 4 out of 5 nations within Myridia. We're still waiting on SomethingBig to have a true alliance, though to be honest, it's really more of a peace accord than alliance.

Take care all.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    There's a handshake agreement with 4 out of 5 nations within Myridia. We're still waiting on SomethingBig to have a true alliance, though to be honest, it's really more of a peace accord than alliance.

Take care all.
    He says he didn't receieve a PM from you, and on learning of this, both Heath and SB seemed to think you hated him