Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who beat Necron? How?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Considering the break damage limit capabilities of FFX, and the fact that Quina's Frog Drop can be increased infinitely by just catching more frogs, he could in fact be the strongest character ever.
    except even if Quina could break the damage limit, it would still only be a max of 99999 she could do...the same as a basic attack with a celestial weapon.

nice try, but penance is not so easily defeated .

though Zidane, Freya and Amarant all have similar moves (Thivery,Dragons crest,No Mercy). i,d definilty say Dragons crest is easiest to get to 9999. so there all about equal. so Qunia is far from the hardest...not to mention Auto-life in ffIX only works once.

EDIT-Damn u, you edited your post!
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

I'm still stuck on this guy. I haven't tried throwing Dark Matters at him yet.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

he was tough because of his star cross attack, those status effects were bad and if a character gets K.Oed in the zombie status effect they cant be revived or vured from zombie until the end of the battle which is annoying because necron took out my best fighter with that move. i was struggling but then i just went to the black mage village and taught garnet curaga. i defeated hades before i defeated necron and i actually found hades easier so i figured if hades is a secret superboss and i can defeat him i should be able to get necron no probs. i was right and with curaga he went down a lot easier.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

It's Grand Cross not Star Cross,bftd.

I defeated him once-after losing about seven times(I'm so crappy).I used Zidane lv54,equipped with orichalcon and using physical/trance attacks.Amarant lv48,Duel Claws and using Revive/Aura/No Mercy/physical attacks.Vivi lv46,Octagon Rod and Flare only(with reflectx2 ability).Eiko lv46,Angel's Flute and using Curaga/Reflect/Holy.That's all.

Blue Shockwave can easily be countered with Curaga.As for Grand Cross,it was a little hard but I got through it somehow because I didn't learn all the status preventions.Neutron Ring deals heavy damage,so just keep your HP high.

P.S:I lost seven times because I didn't equip any status prevention abilities(damns myself).The other bosses weren't that hard.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

status prevention is the most important part of the battle, equip as much protection as possibe

status prevention.every single one of them that a character has.body temp,jelly,antibody,clear headed,bright eyes,whatever.just equip them and grand croos wouldnt be able to do much.

and blue shockwave is utterly useless with auto-regen equipped.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Thievery
    Bahamut
    Shock
    Flare

and maybe a trance

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

necron is easier than trance kuja, you just need to watch
    grand cross+neutron ring+blue shockwave+Ga's magic :cry: I get that combination you know.
    any abilities needed:
    shock-steiner, flare-vivi, no mercy-amarant, holy-eiko, thievery-zidane, dragon crest-freya, frog drop-quina, ark-dagger (choose four party member, for me it's zidane, vivi, eiko, steiner)
    status protection, hp/mp plus if you too weak, auto use like regen, potion, auto HI-potion and auto regen is enough.

Grand Cross
    equip any abilities that protect any status effect. mini, zombie and death are unstoppable if you don't equip any armor/weapon that protect it. be sure to use magic tag on the zombie character first, unless the turn to use is either eiko or dagger, ask them to use curaga(use R1 so that it will heal all the party). having Quina angel snack is okay(never used it). You'll protected by it.

Shell/Protect
    just to protect from your vicious attack. you might use Dispel with eiko(it's a waste, don't use)

Blizzaga, Thundaga, Firaga
    random damage, you should be healed quickly with auto-regen, auto-potion.

Neutron Ring
    that is his strongest power. strong damage that can be healed. becareful if he use it after Grand Cross. for this, curaga or full-life is important cause he might destroy you party.(that's why you need EIKO)
    heal if needed.

Blue Shockwave
    don't worry cause i hit one character, healing by auto-potion and auto-regen are good(1000 HP it healed by the next turn). then go with curaga.

my strategy- zidane use items or physically attacked. vivi doomsday or flare (recommended flare, strong magic on one enemy, doomday tactic is you need to equip pumice piece on vivi and eiko, ninja-suit on zidane and demon's mail on steiner so that they absorb shadow which heal them with doomsday)(heal necron too). Steiner always Shock no matter what unless healing. Eiko job is healing even with full HP, eiko still use healing arte.

maybe that'll help you.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Blog Entries

Old-Threadmon: Gotta revive 'em all!

I think the fact that Necron can be beaten at level 1 speaks for itself.

Grand Cross is easy enough to counter. Just protect yourself from the four status ailments that will make you lose control, and have Quina cast Angel Snack, voila.

I beat him at level one.

Steiner - Shock
    Zidane - Thievary
    Quina - White Wind
    Eiko - Holy/Healing

Thats the tactic I used the last time I beat him.

My first FF was FFIX.
    I fought Necron with lvls:
    Amarant: 44
    Steiner:42
    Freya:45
    Zidane: 48
    All my characters had crap weapons as it was my first RPG. I didnt know how to equip summons, or get magic, abilitys etc.(I lost the manual so when equipping I always did optimise and hoped for the best)
    Somehow after 6 goes by fluke I won. (Discounting a few times I failed to reach Necron by dying to Kuja)I only used attack or items (and Jump for Freya). I remember the battle lasting for ages, since I did tiny damage, and luckily my Freya jump missed all Necrons major attacks. - So even if your partys rubbish, try loads of times and your bound to suceed.

When I replayed the game I just used shock, ark with pumice peice and regen....easy.

I did not use any tactics I just went all out like all battles

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beoluve
    I did not use any tactics I just went all out like all battles
    a true RPG conesuir