Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jus wonderin bout terra...

Default jus wonderin bout terra...

hey every1 im new here, felt like i've said dat 1000 times 4 sum reason. lol. neways, i ws jus wonderin wat terra specifically morphs into, n wat effect does it have in battle. does da game actually every explain?if u find out later in the game, dats ok, i don't mind little spoilers. i jus got out of da sealed gate (didn get atma weapon cuz i couldn't find it) an im headin 2 vector. thankx 4 ur help!please post!

Terra morphs into an esper, and it significantly raises her magic power. If you cast a black magic spell on someone, I think it does 2x the damage it normally does. Hope I've been a help.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you morph less, the amount of time Terra can stay in morph increases. If you morph a lot, you will probably only get one spell in, so save it for difficult battles.

Supposedly the less you use morph, the more powerful it is when you really need it.
    It doesn't matter what any of us is looking for,we'll never find it,
    because it's not even there

~hayden~
    Some people are like SLINKIES, they are of no real use, but you can't help but smile when one tumbles down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by lockeIX
    Terra morphs into an esper, and it significantly raises her magic power. If you cast a black magic spell on someone, I think it does 2x the damage it normally does. Hope I've been a help.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you morph less, the amount of time Terra can stay in morph increases. If you morph a lot, you will probably only get one spell in, so save it for difficult battles.
    Do you only get a certain amount for the entire game?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you use morph immediately upon it recharging, it will be used up within the space of one or two turns. If you wait awhile after it charges up, the bar will decrease slower, thus allowing you to remain morphed longer.

Oh yes, and if you've gotten Terra back on your party, you should know what she morphs into. Terra is half esper, and she has her normal, human form, and her esper form, which she morphs into when able. Ramuh explained that in Zozo, and the esper Maudin is her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Phoenix
    Supposedly the less you use morph, the more powerful it is when you really need it.
    Really? Crazy. *scours GameFAQs for a formula or some such thing*

aite. thanx 4 ur help every1

It just occured to me, has anyone seen any pics or sketches from Terra in her esper form?

uhhm, i don' think so. if anybody has sum, please post!!!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Amano's art:

Fan art, dunno the artists:

I might be reviving a long death topic with this, I'm not sure, but.

could someone post/repost any pictures(art, not ingame screens) of Terra in her morphed form? I only found like two of them, and I love her in her morphed form
    There is always someone stronger, and that one is ME!

Does morphing only increase her magic power, or is it everything? I thought it prettymuch multiplied all of her stats by half again. Dunno though, could be wrong.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I think it's all her stats, but I'm not sure.

Here's some pictures of her in her morphed form. I have more, and if anyone wants them, I'll post them as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's weird. Someone told me the more you morph the longer it goes. Like training her. So I did exactly that. And it worked. In the final battle she was morphed for almost the whole thing. Which made her a devastating adversary...

Though I honestly didn't use morph a whole lot 'cause random encounters were so weak and hardly worth it. But I did abuse it a lot too. Maybe the time span was just enough to keep it increasing? But I really think it's more the other way... but I'm just going off memories that are probably 5+ years old.

When Terra uses Morph, the physical and magical damage she inflicts both effectively double, while magic damage against her is basically cut in half. Also, while in Esper form, both positive and negative statuses which cause a continuous change (Regen, Poison, and Seizure namely) appear to have increased effect.
    Last edited by Masamune·1600; 04-25-2005 at 10:31 PM.