Thread: CES challenge

Default CES challenge

So I was scouring GameFAQs for a Morph formula (in reference to the Morph discussion elsewhere on this forum) and found the WoR challenge with only Celes, Edgar, and Setzer. Apparently you get extra scenes if you do it this way? Anyone know what they are? I don't really feel like trying these challenges, but I'm curious.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

They arent so much extra scenes as different scenes. With only the three of them escaping Kefka's tower, a lot of the little ending scene puzzles are solved by only them. Like Setzer and Edgar pulling together to move a large peice of fallen metal (beat it with Sabin, and he catches it before it hits) and Edgar saying a few words about his brother.

The only scene that's completly original would be Terra in Mobliz, realizing her friends needed her and flying to them, then guiding them out normally. But that'll happen whenever Terra isnt in your party at the end.

chaotic neutral

How can you have only those three in the party? Sabin is the first person to join Celes in WoR. Or can Celes just skip that town where she meets him?

I actually considered trying to beat the tower with the four characters I had when I got the Falcon this time around. But I decided to make the game last longer. I was having fun...
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Sabin is optional. Edgar and Setzer have to join you for the game to progress, there's no way around getting them on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis the Warlock
    How can you have only those three in the party? Sabin is the first person to join Celes in WoR. Or can Celes just skip that town where she meets him?

I actually considered trying to beat the tower with the four characters I had when I got the Falcon this time around. But I decided to make the game last longer. I was having fun...
    I've done it with just the four, but not the three. I'm actually trying it now.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Doing it with just the three of them is very difficult, especially because getting the better materia in the game often involves regaining characters as well. But it's worth it.

edit: I mean magicite. Sheesh, no kidding about posting at 4am...
    Last edited by TheAbominatrix; 08-21-2004 at 09:11 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yuffie always stole my materia.

I guess that's what you get for posting at 4:30 in the morning.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

just make sure they all know the Vanish/doom combo and it should not be 2 difficult.(Except Guardian,Poltergeist and final Kefka of course).
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Well, I did it. And damn, it was unfulfilling.

Basically leveled up my three characters as soon as I got the airship in that Dinosaur Forest with the Exp. Egg and V/D. After I had them up to about Level 30, did all the sidequests that don't require you getting additional characters (Fanatics' Tower, Ancient Castle, some Narshe stuff, etc.). Made them learn all the magic and leveled up some more and then tackled Kefka's Tower. It wasn't too bad except for instant death attacks on one-member parties... the final fight wasn't as bad as expected either - I made sure to get their magic stats to around 150-200 with the Espers, and had them cast Flare, Meteor, and Merton like crazy. Yay Fire/Ice Shields.

But yeah, it's unfulfilling. No different endings than if you leave out Terra, leave out Locke, or leave out Sabin.