Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why do u hate this so?

How is the main character being a dream, ur mentor being dead, and the main character's father being the demon that brings terror into the world is part of the "everyday" plot twist gegroup? i knew auron was dead bcuz of seymour's "y ar u still here?sorri, we guado have a keen sense of the farplane." but the other 2?i didn't know that sin was jecht until that luca scene, and tidus being a dream confused me 4 awhile so that i had to "think about it" and the war what really happend.

aeris and sephiroth being a cetra i saw from a mile ahead. isn't there a huge scene about both of them?cloud was foreshadowed many times. i haven't played ffvii in a LONG time, but a scene in cosmo canyon with tifa that hinted that somehtng with cloud was up. what about in ffx about yu yevon wanting revenge for the destruction of bevelle?that wasn't a plot twist?what about yuna being half-al bhed, which is the reason 4 her being moved to besaid in fear of the yevon church in bevelle. that was a plot twist. i didn't notice one eye was blue and the other green until someone pointed it out.

yes, ffx moved very fluidly such as a movi, and didn't allow for much decision-making. but as i said in a previous post is, ffx has a very intricate plot web, instead of the "this is what happens". in the plot web, you don't really understand what’s going on and are allows your imagination to run wild with guesses until what really happens is said. and that's why square was allowed to make a sequel, no matter how horrible it was. the reason why square was able to make x-2 is bcuz with the plot web, you can add things where u desire. but with other ff's, like ffvii (im not picking on it, i luv the game), but you can only add things in the beginning or the end (before crisis and advent children) because of the "this is what happens" format.

in terms of being "spoon-fed". i disagree.in past ff's, there's more of a sense of waiting for more info to be revealed than trying to fill in the missing pieces of the plot. so i would say ffx has more of a sense of pure "contemplation".

Basically, my main point being is what I’ve stated in the past posts. In no way is ffx the best. But it’s a lot more detailed and complex than what you first see. I’m just trying to get ppl 2 understand it does deserve to be in the same standard set by ffvi and vii in terms of greatness. All three just have different types of greatness. It’s just that, with vi and vii, it’s greatness is out in the open. You KNOW of their greatness. But with x, it’s a little bit hidden.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Default spoilers

just my two cents. there have already been unmarked spoilers though, so i wont bother [utting spoiler tags.

Sephiroth is NOT a cetra. thats a common misconception. Rufus is very wrong.

Cloud WAS Cloud, however he had Zack memories meshed into his. he is NOT ZACK COMPLETLY. another misconeception.

Sephiroth is in the northern cave, not the one you follow. however, this Jenova Death creature u follow had Sephiroths spirit intergrated into it and also controlled it.

however both ffVII and ffX had amazing story plot twists. just that ffVII is better imho...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

very well said aeris2001x2.

i do agree that vi and vii are superbly better overall, but i thought i would use this tread 2 get my opinion across to say that i feel strongly that x is in the upper latter of the ff empire along with vi and vii. thankx 2 every1 once again who voiced there opinions, good or bad, positive, or negative, and to everyone who agreed, disagreed, or agreed to disagree.

On a minor note, does ne1 hav a release date for advent children in the us?early on it was supposed 2 b released in the summer, but those chances are getting slimmer... i actually had a better question, but it left me wen i was reading this i'll ask wen i remember. thanks everybody!

I love this game everything is practically perfect and Sphere Grid is the best ability system EVER I used to think it was confusing (that feeling was very short lived.) now my guys are supermen (women) I do though like having levels I feel special having Lv.100 characters and such but eh oh well.

P.S: You want Seymour in your party? You do don't you? I haven't tryed it but once you beat Seymour for the first time talk to his corpse he will join your party ta'da! Remember I haven't tryed it so if it doesn't work don't yell at me.

nope it dont work, which is such a shame. Seymour should have been more of a main bad guy then just a sub villian...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

i don' think square would've allowed seymour in your party bcuz it wouldn't make much sense and it would change the rest of the game. none-the-less, it would be fun...

I think seymour would've been a better bad guy if he wasn't so "im really evil yet im a maester and im in control. i also hav a cool and fancy way of talking." nothing wrong with seymour, but there's major room for improvement. If seymour was the type of bad guy who had a motive and didn;t care about developing some secret plan , and just went aobut it recklessly and killed whoever he thought should die, i think more ppl would like seymour. then again, it's always fun seeing how bad guys think through their plans....

well he did have a motive. he saw the world as suffering and painful and only upon its destruction would he save everyone. though in reality it was just an excuse. he probably just blamed the world for the death of his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperia
    I absolutely love this game. This and X-2. I like them even more than FF VII. I love the storyline, I love the music, and I love the characters. I think Yuna's awesome, and I think Tidus is very sweet and brave (and I STRONGLY disagree with those who say he's a whimp. Optium pretty much said how I feel about it). I'd rather have a guy who's got innocence and heart, than a guy who's a stone-cold stoic like Squall.
    Yeah. What she said. Tidus and Yuna are my favorite FF charecters. The FFXs are awesome. I'm sure they will be my all time favs for QUITE some time. And no I can't choose between the two.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

i really fail to see how FFX-2 could be liked more then any of the ff games from IV-X. but each to their own i guess...

yah, me 2. obviously since i startd this thread, i luv ffx, but even 2 me ffx-2 isn't really that appealing. in my eyes, ffx and x-2 are different games for a reason. i've never played ffx-2, so i can't back myself up with facts on this with facts from the gameplay, but 2 me, they should've left ffx without ffx-2. that scene after the credits where tidus is swimming upward in the sea could've been the perfect "end-it-all." it was vague enough 2 let your imagination run wild with wat happens but gives an ever so slight nudge wat probably wud've.

props 2 those who really luv ffx-2 and stick up 4 it tho :jap:

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This game didn't do it for me. It was good, but not that good. Tidus looked too much like some random Japanese kid and his personality was too outgoing. I'm neither outgoing nor Japanese so I found it hard to identify with him, which is something I look for in a main character. The plot was decent but too linear for my tastes, that and the lack of world map actually ruined a lot of it for me. Getting older might have something to do with it, too.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

well, every1 has his or her own opinion...i don't see how being a certain race has nething 2 do with relating to a main character in a video game tho, just bcuz they LOOK japanese.

i hav outgoing friends and im not super outgoing, but we still relate.

you shouldn't think the reason you don;t like something is bcuz of your age. ppl should kno wat they like and not hav 2 settle for nething else.

i think it;s interesting how ppl mistake the plot for the gameplay. the gameplay is linear (walk here 2 there), yes, but i don't feel that the story is. it twists, turns, and makes you guess and wonder just like ne other ff.
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I meant the plot takes you on a linear path. It has its own twists and turns, yes. I just wasn't able to get into them because I was stuck on some path I couldn't break away from.

Tidus was more of a character than a hero. For me a good RPG hero lets you become him. Tidus did too many things on his own to allow me to do that.

I know what I like, it's just that age influences that. If I ate a really good sandwich I would like it a lot, but if I ate it over and over again for 10 years it wouldn't be as good as the first time, even if I added something extra to it every time. It's still the same sandwich, and still good, it's just hard to get excited over it anymore.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    well he did have a motive. he saw the world as suffering and painful and only upon its destruction would he save everyone. though in reality it was just an excuse. he probably just blamed the world for the death of his mother.

Oh that Seymour thing was a fake. Okay but anyway Aeris2001x2 if you would leave "Asuka's embrace" maybe you would of noticed (SPOILER)Seymour's mom didn't die she became an aeon, Anima, So now she's one of the Fayth. Man I wish Seymour didn't have such BAD hair! I liked FFX-2 but I do have to say this sure isn't what FFX fans were asking for they weren't asking for a non-linear, happy-go-lucky, dress changing (nicly done, the job changing system though but travels too far away from the Sphere Grid) RPG with the ATB battle system (but it is done better than FFIII-FFIX). It was a fun game but not what the fans were asking for I mean it satisfies someone it satisfies me and my friend Joel, Gary Stienman (gave FFX-2 a 5 out of 5 December 2003 issue), Ethan Einhorn (GameNOW December 2003 issue which got a A).

but in order 2 become an aeon, you need 2 become a fayth. and fayth are the souls of the dead. so seymour's mom did die.

i agree with aeris2001x2 ,though, cuz i think he he has an interesting point. seymour probably did blame the world for the death of his mother (her becoming a fayth/aeon). if spira wasn't the "spiral of death", then there would be no reason for her to protect her son, and thus becoming a fayth (dying!!!). good observation aeris2001x2, that one slipped by me. :meditate:

on another note, as many times as i've replayed this game, this would be my first time trying out the super bosses at the monster arena. anyone completely complete the sphere grid (not for international) and how long did it take?
    Last edited by Lon611; 08-22-2004 at 10:07 PM. Reason: bcuz its MY THREAD!!!
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace