Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why do u hate this so?

Default Why do u hate this so?

Alrighty, i've been going through various forums that give ffx alot of beef. they say it's too linear. some say it's too easy, too short, the gameplay sux, etc. some say it doesn't contend with the older "classics". Am i the only person who luvs this game?

i luvd the sphere grid over the old leveling up system. i thought finding ALL the al bhed primers was cleary genious. Graphics are second to none, and the overall aesthetic is truly B.E.A.utiful (small bruce almighty reference). and the plot is, in my opinion second to none because it explains EVERYTHING that makes the world tick, down to the very pyreflies. if you replay the game, you understand how classic and what a masterpiece it is plot-wise.i canhonestly say i was emotionally drawn to each of the characters down to the very end, and wanted to grap a tissue and cry when the ending began to play. for me, ffvii went too overboard, ffvi said things without at times explaining, and ffix threw things in to make it "a return to the old ff's".

Yes it has flaws. i agree. It's a little too linear. i would like a world map. but at the same time, there are numerous times in past ff games where i just don't know where the heck to go. the gameplay is easy, though don't you every say the bossez aren't extremely difficult and don't "match up" with the past bosses. i found the bosses from mt. gagazet and onward very difficult. and in no way is ffx the same cast that graced the ffvi or vii. but, none the less, it's a memorable cast. also, yes, tidus is a monkey butt. yes, there is no real villian. some say seymour, some say sin, some say yu yevon, heck, some say all three. but i don't really consider them evil villains because a)seymour wanted to truly "heal" spira, tho his decision making skills and the way he went about it are jacked up. b)sin is just armor made by yu yevon that's obeying it's programming to kill, and c)how can you blame yu yevon for wanting revenge 2wards bevelle after destroying zanarkand.

why do you play ff's?most would say because of the story and plot. and that's exactly what you got in ffx, along with revolutionizing the way people customize characters and making gameplay less troublessome and more strategical with the ctb. so don't go whining when you get your wish. plus, the piano scores of ffx rival most scores of the past ff's.

doesn't everybody want to see improvements and change in ff?well, thats wat you got. so tell me this. am i the only one who luvs this game and does think it contends with the past ff's, if not in all ways, most.

why do you hate this game so?
    Please post and im sorri if this was longer than it had 2B.
    Last edited by Lon611; 08-27-2004 at 08:15 PM. Reason: i made a uh oh

I used to like FFX, until X-2 came along, kinda ruined it, mainly because FFX-2 was the absolute worst piece of crap in the history of video games
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

I love the game because its fun to play! I never played much of X-2 so it didnt ruin my game expirience . Sure the game had plenty of plot and great characters...but there are different people that like different things.
    I dont think it has the best of much considering all of what else is out there but it still fun.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

Why?

Bad voice acting
    Wimpy main charicter
    Big scary monsters in the beggining as oposed to beatles and big mosquitos or imps
    Level up system was lame
    Charicters ultimite weapons had preset abilities
    The game revolved around a religion with preisteses (summoners) I liked the militarism of 4,7 and 8
    lack of walkable world map(coulda just made 2 discs if there wasn't room)
    [strike]Rikku wasn't nude[/strike]
    The evil fiend terrorizing the world was a giant floating whale that shot lazers
    The, "Your dad is the badguy" scene. Not real original
    Tidus fades away. I hate sad endings
    Last boss is too easy
    Seymour not having a good reason to be evil.
    "I want to help them by killing them. Yeah, I know if they wanted to die they could do it themselves...but im better at it! PLEASE!"
    Last edited by TasteyPies; 08-18-2004 at 02:27 PM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do like FFX a lot, but some things about it are just so horrible they take away from the game.

I love the story line, very romantice and sweet. But Tidus was the biggest loser ever, and he made Yuna be all cheesy and loser-ish around him too.

When I was trying to re-play FFX, I got up to the "The wind it's nice" "Mmmmmm!" "Ah-ha-ha-ha!" part, and had to turn it off from the sheer lame-ness of it all. I haven't been trying to re-play a new game since.

It was also too easy at the end, and too hard at the beginning, like TasteyPies said. I had more difficulty with that (SPOILER)machine Brother made in that snowy Macalania place than the final boss!

In conclusion, I think that FFX has a very sweet overall storyline, but some minor things ruined it.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    I used to like FFX, until X-2 came along, kinda ruined it, mainly because FFX-2 was the absolute worst piece of crap in the history of video games
    chaos: Exactly how I feel...

Rubedo: Yaep...

The "Tidus was a wimp" mentallity is really pretty stupid. If anyone were
    put through the childhood he had, never hearing a word of praise, they'd
    turn out the same as Tidus did. Now in addition to that, and this is a big
    one:
    He (SPOILER)gave his life to make other people happy.

Bah.
    ;\

.opt

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Before I get my hands dirty in yet another FFX r teh sux0rs debate, just let me say one thing. You have to remember that everyone ticks in a different way and will like different things than other people. One more thing, please don't take anything I say to offense. I tend to get serious when debating about FFX.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon611
    1. Graphics are second to none
    2. and the plot is, in my opinion second to none because it explains EVERYTHING that makes the world tick, down to the very pyreflies.
    3. i found the bosses from mt. gagazet and onward very difficult.
    4. why do you play ff's?most would say because of the story and plot. and that's exactly what you got in ffx, along with revolutionizing the way people customize characters and making gameplay less troublessome and more strategical with the ctb. so don't go whining when you get your wish.
    5. plus, the piano scores of ffx rival most scores of the past ff's.
    1. This isn't really important, but have you seen any of the Gamecube games? Or are you talking about just FF in general, because you can't compare FFX's, which was on the PS2, graphics to the others, which weren't on the PS2.
    2. The plot was just cliché. Nothing mind-bogglingly new. It had a few "new" things here and there, but the overall structure has been said and done before. Boy goes on an adventure, boy finds out he has to kill his father in the end, boy joins a group that go against a government. There wasn't anything truly incredible with FFX's plot, much unlike FFVII's or VI's.
    3. Like I said in the beginning, people tick in different ways. I had very little trouble with the bosses. The only boss I had real trouble with was the Seymour on Mt. Gagazet, but, realize, I didn't have Haste or Hastega. Yunalesca was damn easy, once you found out that you're not supposed to immediately cure a certain status ailment.
    4. I play FF's because of story and plot, as well. In previous FF's, you made decisions that changed the course of the plot. You had a good variety of puzzles in the previous FF's and whatnot. FFX's plot, like I said before, was too simple. You couldn't change its course and it was just too linear. You want full customization? Play FFVI, VII, and VIII. I'm "whining" because I didn't get my wish.
    5. Like what, Suteki Da Ne? Yeah, I agree that that was a darn good song. FFX's soundtrack doesn't compare with any of the others, though, IMO.

Overall, it's as if Square focused mainly on eye-candy with this game. Oh, and that godawful laughing scene still makes me want to murder myself at night. The first time I saw that scene.... I tore open my PS2, took the FFX DVD out, broke it in half, shot it 5 trillion times, then dropped a nuke on it.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

SomethingBig, i enjoy the fact that u turned my post in2 a laundry list. . but, and i agree, that the graphics can't b compared 2 past ff's bcuz they're in a different console generation. and about the plot, aren't all ff's "boy goes out on adventure,meet characters that go against the government to eventually save the world"?so can't one argue that all ff's are in some way cliche? i can't speak 4 ff's I-IV tho as i haven't played them. in terms of plot, structure, it's more of a complex plot web than the typical laundry list (no pun intended ). instead of taking tidus's view of the events, take yuna's, auron's, wakka's, anyones and see how intricately they intervine and how without one action inevitably makes the whole thing collapse. wat if (SPOILER)auron hadn't died with yunalesca?then he woudn't b able 2 (SPOILER)go 2 zanarkand, watch over tidus, and bring him 2 spira 2 save the world (in sum ways, lucky 4 him he's dead).wat if, and i can go on 4ever with just a slight tweak of an event in the game. also, mayb its just me, which im ok with, but i don't enjoy wandering around in ff's, wondering wat i'm supposed 2 du nex. i don't level up 2 level 100 bjillion like sum ppl. plus, it fits the plot bcuz ur on a pilgrimage to save the world. i highly doubt that the locals would take light of the fact that you're wandering around while ppl r dying of sin however often the du. yes, in terms of ffvi and ffvii, it's relatively simple. ffvii did have the best cast, ffvi the best villian, ffvi and ffvii the best aesthetic. and i don't see how suteki da ne is a piano score. duz any1 feel the same way, or am i alone on this?

if you put it some simple then FFVIII wasn't any better - Boy has attitude issues, boy and his friends he meets along the way band together to save world from crazed maniac. But if you put in the facts about life stream and the reason Sepheroth is the way he is and stuff >_> then its more complex. I haven't heard of any stories about a giant creature that attacks people because some acient summoner wanted to be worshiped for ther est of his life. and the main character being a dream? That may have been used a few times but not many >_> but I shouldn't debate i usually don't know enough facts...*cough* ignore me pls no flaming >_>

sorri, im 2 lazy 2 edit my last reply.

tidus means sun in the Ryukyu (Okinawan) dialect of Japanese
    yuna means moon

zaon means sun in Sanskrit
    yunalesca means moon,defender of mankind

ironic that the two relationships are parallel and come full-circle from the 1st and last guardian/summerner *looks at jecht* . duo that defeats sin?dare i say,"sphere"?just thought id make ya'll think a lil.
    Last edited by Lon611; 08-19-2004 at 02:05 AM. Reason: 2 make it more dtailed

There's a damn nice orchestral version of Suteki Da Ne...
    To Zanarkand is by far the best FF song ever IMO though.

.opt

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

IMHO, This game rocks! simple as that. its not as good as ffVI or ffVII, but nothing is!

its better then ffX-2 by miles (which sucked so much despite being fun) and is better then ffII or ffIII.

and i believe ffIV,V,VIII,IX and X are all as good as each other. i cant pick apart between these, they are all amazing.

lets all stop silly FF bashing though. its beyond the joke. i promise to stop bashing ffII if ffVIII-X are left alone.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Where's the fun in not debating? If we were to just stop voicing our opinions here, then it wouldn't really be a forum, now, would it, aeris2001x2?

Unmarked Spoilers
    You put up some pretty good points, Lon611. It's true that FFVI-VIII have that basic plot set-up, but doesn't it become more complex in those games, especially FFVII? The going against the government is just a minor part of the story. Same with VI and VIII. In X, the group is chased by the government for well over half of the game and it doesn't really get more complex then get from point A to point B and put orb A into slot B(the cloister trials).
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

i agree with SomethingBig. whats the point if u can't voice wat u think. that's wat this life is all about. And from now on, the "government" of ffx shall be hence forth referred 2 as the religion "Yevon", lol.

in ffvi-viii, im not sure if the government actually "chased" them as the cast seemed more like they were the ones interfering *luks at dictionary* AVALANCHE is the one blowing up reactors. only after does shinra really chase them . but in x i do know that the guados chased them (literally )why?bcuz if the cast escaped with the truth (SPOILER)that yevon is no more than false hope maintained to keep spira on life support.

Yes, i agree ffvi and vii *luks at ffviii engulfed with dust and spider webs *get more complex than trying to stop an evil corporation/empire. but doesn't X?its not merely about (SPOILER)stopping the religion yevon because of it's biased teachings. wat abuot the story of (SPOILER)planet that almost destroyed itself and is keeping ITSELF on life-support thru fake tradition that embody the religion Yevon. wat abuot the story that the religion yevon, (SPOILER)isn't all that bad as it originally seems. without the teachings and summoners of Yevon, how duz spira keep itself alive?wat abuot finding out that (SPOILER)everything u BELIEVED in is reduced to both FAIRY TALES AND MYTHS?!?!?So, so sorri 4 wakka. now, u don't need spark notes for the plot web, as i did with the plot structure of ffvii, but isn't it similarly as complex and emotional?take the story of Animal Farm for a sec. You can take it both ways, the cartoony cutesy animal fable, and the emotional, figurative, and symbolic story that Animal Farm is. Doesn't FFX du the same thing?Isn't square trying to hint us about something abuot our history, just as Animal Farm duz with the Russian Revolution?*luks at old history buk*

i apologize if it's not specifically the russian revolution, but it was a revolution none-the-less.