Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what exactly is Ozma?

osma might just be a huge mover you know the little red things that look like bouncy balls

but if hades knows him why is it so easy to beat hades cause i thrashed hades oh well

of corse he could just be a edilon thats garding the arc so it cant be summond again cause of what might have happend in the past like the fact the other pumice pecie in in that wird city olvert the place with a magic barrier so you cant use magic against the ark if you find the pumice pice
    Last edited by sayen; 10-19-2004 at 04:00 PM.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

What I'm curious about isn't so much what Ozma is, but why Square named it after a character from Frank L. Baum's 'Oz' books. Ozma is the actual ruler of Oz, but doesn't appear in the 'Wizard of Oz'. She shows up in several of the sequel books though.

Of course, the translators may have just anglicized the Japanese name into something more familiar.

I have a theory. Ozma is one of the four Ultimate Eidolons. They are summoned from the Crystals. The other 3 are: Invincible, Alexander, and Hades.
    A wise man once said "Never share your wisdom with annybody."

Ozma ish a big giant jaw breaker....j/k I would think he is a combo of all the eidolons n_n

Quote Originally Posted by blacktrance
    I have a theory. Ozma is one of the four Ultimate Eidolons. They are summoned from the Crystals. The other 3 are: Invincible, Alexander, and Hades.
    That sounds as a pretty good theory. But can you help me remind who Invincible was again.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Invincible was the airship that destroyed (SPOILER)Madain Sari, Alexandria and Bran Bal. It was originally controlled by Garland, and then Kuja, but Zidane and his gang hijack it after their trip to (SPOILER)Terra.

The first time i heard of Ozma I was thinking of some huge ugly monster like the weapons or Quina ( ). Then when i finally had the honour of fighting him I was amazed and impressed by what i saw: 'Whoa cool! Im fighting a rubber bouncy ball!!!'....yes it was a day to remember.

Unfortunatly i still havnt beat him......

Probably a twisted vortex of immense power that has taken a physical manifestation as a form similar to that of an Eidolon.

Or maybe just a beach ball...

Ozma (and the race of the Qu's) are the proof that some character designer in Squaresoft was seriously into drugs.

I don't see any special reason for it to be there. Just the usual side-quest with an almight boss. >>;

I can see a relationship between it and Hades, since Hades know about Ozma. If you go to fight Hades after you defeat the round guy, he will show to be afraid of you.

Another point to consider, what is the relationship between the friendly monsters that weaken this boss and Ozma?

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Another point to consider, what is the relationship between the friendly monsters that weaken this boss and Ozma?
    It's clearly obvious that they were a secret order who have existed from the beginning of Gaia's time and that Ozma was their arch-nemesis... The were the first set of "races" to populate Terra, but Ozma's power they could never match. So, they created artifacts that are never mentioned in game, but you're just supposed to know exist... You help them, they activate them, and then you kick Ozma's rear, even though it's still not "easy".

Or he is just a big, giant, hovering beach ball... It's sorta like the question: "Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"

3, even though EVERYONE knows it's wrong.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ozma is actually Necron's only testicle. This is why he attacked the party in the end cause you smashed his testicle (if you beat Ozma before that).

If you did not defeat Ozma before Necron, he would wants Zidane's testicle to compensate his, thus the final battle for testicle.