Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d ff6

Grin 3d ff6

i think that FF6 should be totally redone with 3d graphics. a game with such great story should also be able to be view in modern day graphics.

think of how edgars chainsaw would look or
    how bum rush lights up the screen or
    character expression would be seen thru 3d or
    magitek armor blasts or
    kefkas final form.

i hope i not the only one who thinks this would be an awesome idea.
    heheheh

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

well i agree this would just be MAJESTIC . the only concern i would have is with voices. it must have very good quality, or the option to turn them off. otherwise, ffVI remake all the way!!!

though to be fair, ffVI 2D graphics r still some of the best ever. the graphics already rule.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

3d ffvi?sign me up!

but the thing about ffvi is that it stands the test of time, as do a couple other ff's (ffvi,ffvii,ffx, and soon to be ffxii). there is no reason to make a nex-gen remake. it's perfect for all generations.

i think itd be gr8 if square made an fmv sequel, like advent children. i haven't beaten the game yet tho, so i don't know if it leaves room for plot advancements. and some1 answer me this. the average level of my chracters if about 20-21. i just got strago the first time. my average hp is around 650-800. a lot of ppl claim the game can be easily beaten at around 35. some1 plz tell me the hp dramatically increases. but if not, it's ok. ffvi is still da bomb!

u can beat it at a fairly low level but its made even easier by the a liitle sneaky method. casting(SPOILER)Vanish, followed by doom will kill most bosses. the exceptions being undead, machines and really powerful bosses .

the hp is not low at all.it should increase to a quite decent lv over time. however 2 get near 9999 hp, u will need 2 use esper hp bonuses.

hope thats a help. dont worry, ffVI is one of the easiest ff games.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'd love to see it, but I'm not in any rush. I want them to take their time if they do it... I dont want to see such Amano-esque figures like in the Anthologies FMVs. I really don't like the way Amano art looks in 3d. It loses it's whispy beauty and ends up looking yucky.

VI's current graphics can stand the test of time though. It's awesome in it's graphics, the characters mesh with their environments very well (VII - IX did not do this. The characters look out of place in their beautiful backgrounds, not so much with IX, but especially with VII) and I love the 2d.

Blog Entries

That would be a really bad idea. I would hate it if they made a remake of FFVII on the PS2...that would totally ruin the originality of the game. But I would love to see a remake of Final Fantasy IIIj (3) for any console...preferable for the GameCube. I know this sounds corny...but I would hate to see a 3D remake of any of the early Final Fantasy games.
    Last edited by Chris; 08-20-2004 at 01:18 PM.

already done

I'll post pics of it it was originally called "Final Fantasy X" (not 10, but X)/ Final Fantasy VI for the N64 but Square abandoned it when they made plans for a FF7 on the PS1

heres pics of the original FFVII (FFX/FFVI) for the N64

http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6ff7.htm
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally don't think FF6 would make the 3D transition too well. I like it as it is.

If it is already a superb game, then why does it need to have better graphics.

And yes, I do remember the FF6.5 game (FF7 for the N64), they couldn't make it because the cartridge would be too big to fit into the console. Ha.

Lost Heretic,
    The Bitter and Jaded Teen

Blog Entries

Only reason to reamke it would be to add some new optional quests and superbosses to the game etc.
    However, now THAT would be great! And no, I wouldn't MIND 3D graphics.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Grover, those screenshots are actually NOT of a remake of Final Fantasy VI in 3-D, they're also not an early version of FFVII that was going to be made for N64 as this website claims. These are screenshots of a tech-demo to show what a FF game in 3-D MIGHT look like. Remember the tech demo of FFVIII on PS2? Similar concept. This wasn't going to be a game, this was just a way to show what they're capable of with their new technology. FFVII was ACTUALLY going to look like this: http://warmech.net/ff7/ff7snes-02.jpg

Should it be re-made in 3-D? I'm going to quote Will Smith by saying "Oh HELL no!" The game was fine in 2-D. In fact, it was pretty much at the peak of SNES graphics. The only reason Square shifted from 2-D to 3-D is because they could. There's no actual benefit to playing these games in 3-D, especially since travel only consists of moving on a 2-D plane, and battle only involves selecting things from a menu. Heck, even FFXI probably could have been done in 2-D. There'd have to be a compelling reason to remake it in 3-D to get me interested in this.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    Should it be re-made in 3-D? I'm going to quote Will Smith by saying "Oh HELL no!" The game was fine in 2-D. In fact, it was pretty much at the peak of SNES graphics. The only reason Square shifted from 2-D to 3-D is because they could.
    Well, that plus the fact that Sony doesn't like publishing games for its consoles that they don't feel are really using the hardware effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    hope thats a help. dont worry, ffVI is one of the easiest ff games.
    Are you kidding? Only if you rape V/D like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    Are you kidding? Only if you rape V/D like there's no tomorrow.
    even if u dont use V/D its one of the easiest ff games for sure. and then there is Atma Weapon/genji glove/Offering combo. ANYTHING dies with that.

i,d say only ffVIII and ffX-2 is easier then ffVI.

I don't find it difficult, but I find FFVI to be more difficult than anything in FFIIIj, FFIV, maybe FFVII, FFVIII, and maybe FFX. Is that just me here?