Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d ff6

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

thats incrediable, considering i think ffIV is the second hardest ff(after ffV). Maybe it just depends on the style of play?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

k, im playing through vi for the first time rite now, and is it me, or did u guys also not kno wat the hell is going on. like, i understand it, but it seems like the party's motive changes every couple hours, so it's hard for me 2 keep track. also, mayb it's jus me, but i can;t play ffvi HOURS at a time. mayb 25-30 mins each sitting, mayb 1nce a day. is that weird?like, i really enjoy it, it's just as a game, it's so thick in the sense that it offers so much. at times im overwhelmed. also, how long did it take 2 beat ffvi. im about 10:30 into it and im on the floating island (how the !@#$ did that happen???im so lost).
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, one thing that might be said for an FFVI 3D remake is that people would actually remember that it is a Final Fantasy game and that it is a good game. I'm rather tired of the people who don't like to acknowledge any characters before Cloud. There's more to FF than that you morons!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I agree that FFVI is pretty easy. Not that it's EASY easy, it's just easy compared to other FF games. As game franchises get older and older, they keep adding more nifty feature that make it easier to not die. Original Metroid? You get high jump boots, the ice beam, some missiles, the screw attack, and that's it. Super Metroid? Now you've also got super missiles, the plasma beam, the spazer beam, the wave beam, the charge beam, the grappling beam, the X-ray scope, the space jump and the super dash. Oh, and if that's not enough, you also get super bombs. Final Fantasy did a similar thing. Originally you could only fight, cast magic, use items, defend, or run away. Now, you can do all that in addition to throwing weapons, summoning monsters, using monk techniques, robbing or mugging enemies, use advanced sword techniques, and even get a limit break! It may not be cheap considering what enemies are now capable of, but it certainly lets you be a lot more creative in how to dispose of your foes.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    Well, one thing that might be said for an FFVI 3D remake is that people would actually remember that it is a Final Fantasy game and that it is a good game. I'm rather tired of the people who don't like to acknowledge any characters before Cloud. There's more to FF than that you morons!
    I keep hearing of such people, but have never met any. I would call them stereotypes, but unlike stereotypes, there's no truth to this one.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, you're just luckier than most. You haven't met them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon611
    k, im playing through vi for the first time rite now, and is it me, or did u guys also not kno wat the hell is going on. like, i understand it, but it seems like the party's motive changes every couple hours, so it's hard for me 2 keep track. also, mayb it's jus me, but i can;t play ffvi HOURS at a time. mayb 25-30 mins each sitting, mayb 1nce a day. is that weird?like, i really enjoy it, it's just as a game, it's so thick in the sense that it offers so much. at times im overwhelmed. also, how long did it take 2 beat ffvi. im about 10:30 into it and im on the floating island (how the !@#$ did that happen???im so lost).
    I'm at the Floating Continent in just under 9 hours (all around level 21).
    And when I first rented the game from the grocery store Video department soon after its release, I woke up the next day and played for 6 hours straight.
    But maybe I'm just hardcore.
    Last edited by shigogouhou; 08-23-2004 at 02:41 AM. Reason: typo: it's instead of its

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    even if u dont use V/D its one of the easiest ff games for sure. and then there is Atma Weapon/genji glove/Offering combo. ANYTHING dies with that.

i,d say only ffVIII and ffX-2 is easier then ffVI.
    I'll probably get a lot of crap for this but I think all the Final Fantasy have an equal difficulty, I think that the games difficulty is based upon how many hours the player is willing to put into leveling up their character.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I must also add that one's experience with RPGs does a lot to determine their difficulty level.

Hoho! Would be very good for Final Fantasy 6 to be in 3D. Would be amazing!!!

Aren't there elements of the game that wouldn't transfer well from 2-D to 3-D? I haven't played much of FFVI, so I don't really know, but I'm almost certain there would be such problems.

:shoot:

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Amano's art usually looks less impressive when it's done in 3D. He does really intricate ink and watercolor designs that just don't work well in any context other than a 2D image. When converted into 3D, his designs just don't look wispy or etherial. They look bumpy and plasticy, which probably isn't even a real word.