Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real life Breakfast Club.

Default Real life Breakfast Club.

Growing up through high school and now University I noticed that there were social groups in each place (highschool more than University). I'm sure most of us noticed them, and they ranged from 'the cool ones', 'the badasses', 'the school council', 'the loners' and finally 'the nerds'. There's no denying it. Every single school had some sort of Caste system. The rich (popular) always triumphed over the poor (nerds, etc..).

I'm sure people will deny it, but the majority of people posting in this forum are most likely part of the nerd, loner and generally the lower part of the heirarchy. Hell, even I admit to being somewhat of a nerd throughout highschool. Face it, we all enjoy playing video games (almost to the point of obsessing over minor details of games) and most of us spend way too much time in front of a monitor.

Anyways, at your highschools/gradeschools/university's/colleges have you noticed the groups that are present there, and do you consider yourself part of the 'nerdish' group.

(PS: I know some of you will argue that you don't care about groups and other stuff like that, but please be realistic aboot it.)

I'm a loner, alone, mono, 1, uno, ichi. end of story
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

I'm definatly a nerd, and I'm proud of it.
    lol signature

There's also the 'new students,' 'the foreign exchange students(a higher level of new students ),' 'the followers,' and 'the musicians.'

I dunno what I was, really. I was a loner sometimes, even though I have a lot of friends at school.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I'm more in the misfit/outcast group as I'll call it.The nerd group is more of the Yu-Gi-Oh obsessees. I really don't fit into any group.

I like rock music, but I'm not in with the rockers. I will wear dark clothing, but I'm not a goth. I'll wear light clothing, but I'm not a prep. I have a big Louis Vittouin bag, but I'm not in with the rich girls. And I'm horrible at sports, so I'm not certainly in the athletes group. And I'm no good at being mean to people, so I'm not a popular girl. I don't do drugs or drink, so I'm not in a druggie/drunk group. And I'm a follower, not a leader, so I'm not in the student council group. And I'm smart, but not in the perfect student-ish brown noser group. I'm pretty much in the "other" category.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would love to be in a particular group but I never really have, I've just been friends with everyone and hung out with whoevers around. Although I do sometimes hang out with the outcast group more then others, but I seriously avoid getting stuck to a small group of obsessives, not thats that many around here any more...
    FOA

Blog Entries

In primary school, I dreamed of going to a school where I'd fit in better. A school full of nerds. My dreams came true.

You see I happen to go to one of those schools that try to emulate the academic authority of private schools without the expensive fees. It's like the cheap alternative.

I'm less of a nerd in comparison but there is no denying that everyone in the school is a nerd of sorts. Of course, there are segregated groups amongst the nerdyness. (the white guys, the musos, the guys that order pizza at lunch, the guys that gamble, the f.o.b soccer players...) In fact a lot of people are just "smart" without being nerdy. But as my form approaches the end of our high school years, all of us have seemed to kick into gear and become the nerd equivalent of a Super Saiyan.

My school is too small to have ALL those social groups, but like any society there is a sort of caste system. Although those groups mesh. A lot.

Our school basically has 4 major groups. There are the athletes, who are generally the most stuck up, although many aren't. There are the punks, who are pretty gregarious, and can be friends with athletes. There are the smart people, who aren't exactly "nerds". And then there are the so-called "dirty kids", the social outcasts who smell weird and smoke a lot and stuff like that.

And me? I'm part of the first three groups. I'm smart, like REAL music and not rap like most of the rest of the school, and I play sports. :<z>O ^_^

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hung out with the studious people in high school. I don't think we were nerds.

The great thing about uni is that none of that really matters.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't exactly havea group. I'm much more of a drifter, because I get along with pretty much anyone fairly well. I do have a set group of people that I hang out with most everyday, but I...make the rounds, every once in a while. I know I'm not a nerd, but I'm not popular either (like I care).

My friends that I hang out with are pretty mixed...there's one nerd, one punk, one athlete/popular guy, along with his fangirls...*shrug*

I like to have variety in who I hang out with, so you're not goingt o have conversations about the same thing over and over again.

The only people I completely stay away from, and won't even bother with, are the popular ones. Yes, there are a few nice ones, but most of them I can't stand, because they're rude, ignorant, and a whole crapload of other things i don't feel like getting into.

Okay, I'm done.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The UK education system is different from wherever (Go check out that A Level thread for an explanation) so don't expect college to mean the same thing, but I can honestly say that after a year at my college, I have noticed NO social groups. Everyone gets along with everyone. It's really cool. So cool that I am going to give it a smiley.

Blog Entries

I don't know I am new at that school but at my last school I was part of the ff loonys. Sir Edeon X. me, Miguel, we knew FF and Sir Edeon x and I loved it so as Miguel and those who knew Roswell, me Sir Edeon X, Miguel, Carlota, Pedro and Teresa! Great times...

Fun little fact: Some of the movie The Breakfast Club was filmed at my school, and the name was taken from something we have at my school*, but what they had was just Saturday School. :\

Anyway, these groups have always been around, and will more than likely be just as they are, in some way, for your whole life. From elementary to the workplace, there's always going to be different cliques. It's how people work, as herd animals. It kind of sucks though... But, it's not entirely rigid. I'm a bit of a loner in real life, but of the friends I do have, none of them are of any one set group.

*Freshman year, I got about 30-35 of these for being late every day... More or less one or two a week. ;
    Then again, maybe it was just a dream afterall...

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I embodied all the members of the Breakfast Club. Seriously, I was pretty well known in my class all through highschool, but I wasn't considered popular. People knew me, people liked me, because I'm a well rounded individual. However, if I were casting myself, I'd definitely DEFINITELY say geek, but not in the traditional geek way.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In my school there is the geeks/newds/losers what everyou awant to call them, then theres the jock guys, the stoners (alot of people are in that group who arnt stoners they just hang out with them, theres the cool group i guess thats my group, then the preps i hang out with them some times to but i had lunch mostly with the cool group last year, then the sluts hich consists of 3 people, oh and im not considered a loser at my school for liking anime and games and stuff its werid cause everyone else who does is considered a loser. Must be cause im a girl and cute. Yesh im not so full of my self to call myself hot but i am cute