Thread: Sorceress Adel (spoilers, maybe)

Default Sorceress Adel (spoilers, maybe)

yeah, i'm at the part in ff8, at the very beginning of disc 4, when you have to fight adel (SPOILER)and rinoa. i cast shell, haste, etc., on everyone, and it seems to protect them alright (even though i haven't beaten her yet), and oh, how i'd love to level up all my characters 10 levels or so, but the enemies in the damned place that i'm in, the lunatic pandora, only give out like 2 EXP each... and i don't have the level up ability, and i don't know which GF gives the level up ability. yeah, i'd leave the lunatic pandora to level up, but frickin squall won't let us leave... does anyone have any advice on how to either level up or beat adel? (the attacks my party gives aren't strong enough, because adel just keeps (SPOILER)stealing life from rinoa) thanks

wel tonberry is the GF who uses lv. up just in case you were wondering..

also,

you should have raised your characters before you went in there...

not to brag or anything but I have my squall/quistis/zell doing 9999 every attack all at level 100.....

funny enough I have 3 characters all level 10!

anyways just keep healing rinoa and attack adel and you will soon win

Jesus may love you but he's the only one!

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Yeah, junctioning is your best bet, levelling up isn't really necessary. If you haven't learnt how to junction properly, nows a good time. I suspect you can draw good magic in there, though I don't know. Also if you're desperate just junction Squall's attack as good as it can get with your magic and use Renzokuken, it's a gamble, but if Rinoa dies try again.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Blog Entries

I'm sick of people bragging about their level 100 characters. My Squall does 9999 damage each hit at level 27, Ruby Dragons die in about 4 seconds because monsters level up as you do The only time it's ever advised to be level 100 is if you plan to fight Omega Weapon, and even for that, it's not a necessity (just make sure you junction to 9999 health)

So drop the thoughts about training right now! Unless you junctioning better magic to yourself as you level up, the only thing you'll succeed in doing is making Adel harder.

The Lunatic Pandora is a pretty mad place for magic though. Instead of leveling, equip Enc-None and run around the Lunatic Pandora for Draw Points. The draw points there seem to "respawn" their stock A LOT faster. Especially the Meteor by the staircase south of the elevators.

If I remember correctly, Adel has a pretty shotty Vitality stat. But in case I'm wrong, give her a good taste of Meltdown. My party of choice would be Zell, Irvine and Squall. Don't do anything but heal the party and Rinoa with Squall. Cast Aura on Irvine and Zell and let the limit breaks rip. Use Armageddon Fist (ie. Punch Rush and Booya over and over again. Quick fingers will get in about 8 hits per second) with Zell on Adel. Irvine's Shot is useful for this battle because you can select which enemy you want to hit and it does some great damage.

You may have to swap around some junctions for this, because most people tend to make an uber-Squall and leave everyone else with nothing but Fire or Scan etc. to junction. For Armageddon Fist to have full effect, you'll need to power up Zell.

That's about it.

Smile

alright, thanks for your tips everyone... when i have more time, i'll try and get some good junctions and then attempt (once again) to beat adel. =)

Quote Originally Posted by 870621345
    wel tonberry is the GF who uses lv. up just in case you were wondering..

also,

you should have raised your characters before you went in there...

not to brag or anything but I have my squall/quistis/zell doing 9999 every attack all at level 100.....

funny enough I have 3 characters all level 10!

anyways just keep healing rinoa and attack adel and you will soon win
    Impossible. If quistis,squall, and zell are your people at level 100 then your other people would hafto be rinoa, selphie and irvine. you definatly get irvine past level 10. Not sure about rinoa. Just thought id let you know..........

Articles

Another tactic is to up your speed to ridiculous heights, pummel Adel with your normal attacks, and use the Recover ability on Rinoa anytime she gets her life sapped.

Especially with Zell and his Limit Break, you could do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Impossible. If quistis,squall, and zell are your people at level 100 then your other people would hafto be rinoa, selphie and irvine. you definatly get irvine past level 10. Not sure about rinoa. Just thought id let you know..........
    actually if he got diablos and learned ENC-None early in the game it would be possible to keep irvine at a low level. and he may have been over estimating it also, maybe irvin is LV. 12 which is close enough to 10.
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I beat Adel in one turn with Cactuars kamikaze

yeah, i beat adel... i just junctioned my characters' strength to... a lot... and then i beat her... now i'm in that castle thingy, trying to fight that optional boss who casts "grand spark" or some kind of powerful thunder attack.

Get Lionheart! MAN that was cool. I went through Adel and Seifer, one Rezokuken each! Yeeha!!!! It's great when squall had good speed stats, and you cast haste on him. Keep his health in the yellow and use rezokuken over and over again, using another char to heal Rinoa with recover. And Diblos is really usefull for the electric thingy you have to fight, and Ultimecia.
    Stay with me, until the end. Please.

Not until the end. Forever.

......Forever then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depressio
    yeah, i beat adel... i just junctioned my characters' strength to... a lot... and then i beat her... now i'm in that castle thingy, trying to fight that optional boss who casts "grand spark" or some kind of powerful thunder attack.
    The boss your fighting now benefits from a lot of strength and magic power. So you'll want to junction as much Thunder-Thundara-Thundaga as possible to your elemental defense. If you don't have elemental defense for all three characters, be willing to let a few die and not revive them. They'll just die again anyway. The preferable thing to do is use Zell and max him out with Thunder element defense and Armageddon Fist your way to victory. The second choice is Squall.