Thread: ffII dilema= to replay or not to replay?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Default ffII dilema= to replay or not to replay?

i,m really really undecided on whether i should master this game. i had initially quit. this game is just so annoying and horrible. i decided to go 2 my last save before jade passage and beat the game one more time. then it dawned on me.

i absolutly suck at this game. i beat the emperor via a fluke it seems, for i,ve just been whooped several times by him now and i was dumb enough 2 sell my blood swords. my magic is crap...its just an awful sad excuse 4 a team. i feel compeled to replay this game, just so i can destroy it and laugh as all monsters drop before me.

but i dont want 2 play a game i hate for such a pety reason. i mean there r things i like.

the music is top notch. the story, while not original, is solid. its the only ff to have a proper demonic storyline, with hell trying to take over the world. the last dungeon, pandemonium, hell itself, is probably my 3rd fav last dungeon ever and i love just hanging around it.(damn u square 4 no save point. i have 2 crawl through jade passage everytime i wanna hear its glorious music.) it has wonderful monster design( I.E-Astaroth) etc

i also feel i have 2 master it, as its an ff game. maybe i,m Imature 4 hanging on 2 such a notion, but i just cant master ffIV yet i feel. i cant skip ffII. but things like the mind numbing training methods(even using the *cheap* way, and then Leon has 2 be done normally ) and sub standard character development really put me off.

would u play a game u did not enjoy, master it even? do u think i,m just stressing over nothing and should forget it, or is it bad 2 quit so easily?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Blog Entries

Well, ofcourse you don't HAVE to master it. I myself, would never master a game that I didn't enjoy... but I've never MASTERED any game at all anyway so... yea. :rolleyes2

But then again... you WANT to MASTER all the FFs... it's all up to you.

Maybe you should wait until you've mastered all the other FFs???

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    would u play a game u did not enjoy,
    Probably not. If a game makes me frustrated or annoyed, I won't play it. Gaming should be something that is fun, not something that should make you stressed, and if you dislike FF2, you probably should forget about it for now and play another game which you like. You can always keep up the hope that you'll actually enjoy the game on your 2nd time through (it somewhat happened to me when I replayed FFVIII), but usually, a game that feels bad will remain that way. You can't force yourself to like FF2 or any game which you don't like, and you can't force yourself to dislike those games you like. It's just that way, IMHO. When I replay a game that I think isn't good, I often think "Oh, why did I even bother?" when I come across an annoying part or a tedious part that requires loads of boring things to do or several hours of leveling-up.

master it even? do u think i,m just stressing over nothing and should forget it, or is it bad 2 quit so easily?
    It's your choice, but I'd certainly advise against it. If you detest the battle system, you'll probably begin to dislike it even more when you try to get everyone to 9999 HP or every spell to level 16. I'm not trying to offend FFX, but that's one of my least favorite FFs, and I just couldn't stand leveling up for hundreds of hours, mastering every node in the Sphere Grid, getting everyone's Celestial Weapons with all the power-ups or fighting (FFX Spoilers)monster arena creatures, Dark Aeons or Penance.

If I were in your position, I would just go and play another game and not replay FF2, let alone master it. If you still want to play FF2 and have fun with it, play those parts that you like. Load a save game before the final dungeons and (SPOILER)walk through Jade and Pandemonium, beating up demons on the way. Trust me, the good and fun parts never get old, unless you play them like 50 times in a week. I've fought (SPOILER)Sephiroth in FF7 and KH for dozens of times and the battle never feels old.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

[q]would u play a game u did not enjoy, master it even?[/q]Wait, you realize how this sounds, right? Try saying it out loud. :rolleyes:

hey thanks for the replys. i,ve definitly put ffII away and i,m replaying my beloved ffIV.

As soon as a heard Golbez's theme music again i KNEW i,d made the right choice .
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Blog Entries

No, no, no don't put it away !!!!

As painful Final Fantasy II can be its actually quite fun, its the first Final Fantasy with an actual story, plus without Final Fantasy II there wouldn't be: Cid, Ultima or Chocobo.
    Give it a second try--you won't regret it, after you complete it you'll a great amount of accomplishment. After all this is NOT an easy game.
    When you feel as low as the bottom of a well, perk yourself up and change your attitude

maybe its just me but its no fun at all. the music is probably the only thing i enjoy.

and the fact the characters r poorly developed is a big factor...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    maybe its just me but its no fun at all.
    This is the only FF that I've played... but still not beaten... and there's a reason! :rolleyes2

Yes, you did the rigth choise.

Blog Entries

Get it together guys !!!!

I just beat this game last night and It has been more of a pain than anything, the leveling system is downright horrible and magic is useless.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Only if you don't know how to do it ;P

Aeris, why not replay FFII when it comes out on Dawn of Souls? I'm hoping you'll get it for FFI and Soul of Chaos at the least.

yep DJzen i was thinking of doing that. hopefully the new version of ffI will work my juices so much that i can give the new ffII a chance.

still i,m having an absolutly blast re playing ffIV. and right now all i,m doing is trying to steal 500-1000 alerts in the tower of babil .