Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What? That's it?!

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Default What? That's it?!

Unmarked spoilers ahead, aight?

I just beat Xenosaga today, and man was I disappointed. First off, I happily went into battle with Albedo, hoping to have some incredible piece of music playing in the background. What do I get? The same, boring, regular battle theme. What's more, he was easy as pie. Each time he moved, I tensed up and thought, "Ah, jeez, ah, jeez, he's gonna do some sort of attack that deals more than 800 points of damage. *Bites lip*" What happens? He leaps into the air and flames come out from behind him. He then gloriously yells, "Phoenix wings!" or something like that, then hits all of my characters for..... 200 points of damage. And that was a critical blow. As soon as I beat him, I took a sledgehammer from the garage, and was about to hit the TV with it, but then all of a sudden, Albedo says something about a super powerful Gnosis that I have to defeat. I fall to my knees and start crying out of fear of a big, powerful Gnosis. I pick up my Dual Shock controller like a coward and get ready to lose. I used Shion's Rain Blade, which did... 1000 points of damage?! What the heck?! I keep dishing out X Busters, Rain Blades, and Executioners, each doing at least 700-800 points of damage. I didn't actually bother healing my characters. Shion and Kos-Mos had 600 HP, while Ziggy had about 1100. The big, bad Gnosis then rears up and uses Dark Omen. I start laughing in its face. Well, I laughed until I saw how much damage it did. It did 900 damage to each character. Actually, it only did 700 points of damage to Ziggy, so I had him revive Shion, who revived Kos-Mos with Revert. I beat him a minute later, quite disappointed. The ending, however, was extremely pleasing. I loved that song that was played. Anyone know where I can get it?

Anyway, on to the topic. Which final boss has disappointed you the most? Which has never disappointed you, no matter how many times you've beaten him? Has there ever been a final boss you've never beaten?

On the second question, Ganon, from OoT, though easy, has always been quite fun for me to fight. He has never disappointed me, yet. That Lion guy from Viewtiful Joe is impossible. I honestly don't see how anyone can beat him. He's so friggin' tough! Almost as tough as Mr. T, and that's helluva tough.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I tell you, [E]X-death never disappointed me.

He'd wipe the floor with me each and every time I've fought him. [E]xcept for the one time I actually beat him.

As for disappointments, eh, .Hack//Quarantine was sort of a let down. When I started fighting the last boss, I hadnt' even realized that I was at the end of the game.

Meh, it was easy, anyway.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

You leveled up too much in Xenosaga. Its like getting to level 80 or so in FFVII then complaining about how easy Sephiroth is. You brought it upon yourself.

As for me....Ninja Gaiden's final boss on X-Box was a huge let down. He turned out to be the EASIEST boss of the game.

For replayability...there is always something else or else. :/ I don't know. Most final bosses are not that great. They try too hard. The battle with Ridely in Metroid games is always great and is usually the best fight in the game but he is never the final boss. There is always more. Most final bosses are hardly the best boss in the game.

The final boss of Megaman Zero II. Hell freaking Minibosses were easier then that crap.

I was disappointed with the ending of that game. In fact, I was disappointed with that game, period. Mostly because it resolved the issues I didn't care about, and didn't resolve the issues I did care about. That's the thing with episodes. Namco's lucky it's so goddamn interesting. Although I'm sure I've said this before.

OOC:Who is Abel? I know he's Ziggy's son, but what part does he play in Xenosaga's story? And does he have anything to do with, or is he, Abel from Xenogears?

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    You leveled up too much in Xenosaga. Its like getting to level 80 or so in FFVII then complaining about how easy Sephiroth is. You brought it upon yourself.
    What level were you on when you beat it? I was on 42-43.

About final bosses being too wimpy, FFVIII's final boss was pretty dang tough. Griever wiped the floor with me.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Resident Evil games always have really disappointing endings. The bosses are okay, but the endings are usually just like...*helicopter* "Whooo, I sure am glad to be out of there." *ride off into sunset* *roll credits*

The only exception for this, for me, was the remake on cube. I was extremely satisfied when I beat that one.

Trance Kuja and Necron never dissapoint me. They always put up a really hard fight. The final boss in tactics advanced was pretty hard but I was still abit dissapointed. however I was very dissapointed with the final boss in both Crash Bandicoot 3 warped and Crash Team Racing. Oh and Fusion Dragon from Golden Sun really dissapointed me, it's strongest attack only did damage ranging from 90 to 220 damage to my guys and since the lowest hp any of my guys had was 368 it didn't really trouble me much.
    Last edited by SpiritWolf; 08-30-2004 at 01:55 AM.
    One with the Spirit of a wolf

The final boss in Metroid Prime was pretty tough... yea.

And yea, you're right, ed, Ninja Gaiden's final boss WAS pretty easy... I think the toughest boss in that game was like... the first one. Harhar.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

SB - I was at level 32 when I beat it. Really low. Made the last boss fights challenging, too.

I don't recall anything about Abel being Ziggy's son... he may or may not be related to Abel in Xenogears. I think Namco is going to eventually break free of the Xenogears story and do something different. It would be poor form to downscope the story from multiple planets and galaxies to the goings-on on only one planet.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    What level were you on when you beat it? I was on 42-43.
    I was at like level 33-32. You were OVER LEVELED!

When I beat the game at level 45ish I didn't let the final boss get 1 attack in.

both the final bosses of .hack//MUTATION and .hack//OUTBREAK were disappointing. But that's because of the data transfer thing. If we didn't have that, we would have died - really, really fast. But the boss of .hack//INFECTION is one of the harder bosses I've fought - that's a pretty cool fight, for those of you who haven't played it (to let you know a bit of what its like, think of Necron - now make him move around really fast and not have turn-based battles. There's a fight for ya ^^
    How disgusting

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

*Many unmarked Spoilers*

chaos: Finally, a thread where I can let out my anger. Firstly, Grandia II's Final Boss was probably the easiest one ever. I swear, after all those tough fights with Valmar, I was hoping the Final Battle would be a true powerful god, and I get a blue fat bat. What the hell?! I scream at myself. His attacks aren't powerful, yet he keeps claiming he is "god". I wiped the floor with him in one minute. Next came FFX. Yu Yevon was not tough at all. Heck, just use Reflect or Zombie on Yu Yevon and it is screwed. FFIX and FFVIII's were pretty easy too. But that was 'cause I was overlevelled, otherwise they would have been much more of a greater challenge to me. FFVII's Sephiroth actually satisfied me, all because of SuperNova. Thankfully, it doesn't matter how much you levelled up, it still hits you very hard. FFV ExDeath was probably the hardest FF boss I had fought. FF Tactic's Final Boss wasn't really bad either. As for Albedo, I was very dissapointed with him too. I always pictured him as a great villan, in all the scenes where he was showcased in Xenosaga, but sadly, when you actually fought him, you would regret commending him. Although still, he is my favorite villan. And in later game he might please us. Sophie Peithes was pathetic though. It was annoying when it kept taking out it's bugs to do 200 to me each turn, otherwise it was easy. If you are over levelled, then hell, Sophie Peithos will be very easy. If you have either the Double Buster, or BraveSoul, or even both, then Sophie Peithes will be done in one turn. The ending pleased me though as well.

Rubedo: Basically, not many Final bosses have actually given me too much of a challenge. But, most of the time I do level up a lot.

Wait, for those that beat Xenosaga on level 32-35, how did you do it? Dark Omen did well over 900 damage to my characters at level 43.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    Wait, for those that beat Xenosaga on level 32-35, how did you do it? Dark Omen did well over 900 damage to my characters at level 43.
    chaos: The thing about Sophie Peithos' attack is that you have to wait a whil before he executes it.

Rubedo: Think of it this way. If you wiped him out real fast, then he won't have a chance to use Dark Omen. I have battled him 5 times, and he only used Dark Omen the first time.