Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What? That's it?!

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Did it murder you?
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Blog Entries

Sephiroth.....

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    Did it murder you?
    chaos: Yes, the first time. I decided to play it cool 'cause all of his attacks were weak, and I thought he was a pushover 'till he used that attack.

Rubedo: After that I got new weapons for my characters and wiped him out.

I find that...Lavos...(Had a mind-fart there) is always a decent challenge.
    FF9's was kinda easy, a few kicks here, a punch there & a spell every now & then
    meh, games have lost their challenge

Well if u think about it... Ur preparing the WHOLE game for one last battle at the end... and game designers have a problem making it too challenging after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aranel
    I find that...Lavos...(Had a mind-fart there) is always a decent challenge.
    I thought Lavos was the biggest pushover ever. I remember getting extremely scared the second I saw Lavos's second form, since he looked so powerful, but I took him out in about 5-10 minutes. Same goes for his third form. I was on level 40-45.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I didn't find Sophie Peithos to be a disappointment. The first time I fought him he used Dark Omen and mopped the floor with me. Dark Omen reminded me a lot of Quanlee's Light Undulation from Grandia Xtreme in that I thought the battle was so easy until this one attack was used that wiped out my whole party.

After that I got super ultra pissed and went back and got Erde Kaiser. I then proceeded to kick his. I thought he was fairly challenging for a final boss. Not as hard as the Gigases or Tiamat, but still pretty hard.

If you want a cheap last boss, then by all means pick up Final Fantasy Legend III for the gameboy. The final boss only has one single attack (whether it is nuke or flare I can't remember) that he uses every single round. The bad thing is, this guy doesn't have set speed. That means if you're unlucky he can go last in one round and first in the next. You cannot survive 2 flares/nukes in a row.

Two very disappointing bosses for me were Daos from Lufia 2 and Gorsia from 7th Saga. Daos was so incredibly easy. His strongest attack was exactly the same spell the second last boss had. Gorsia was a wuss. I expected that after such a difficult game like the 7th Saga Gorsia would be incredibly difficult. At the start of the fight you can use the 7 runes to half all of his stats INCLUDING HIS HP. Both of these guys don't have special final boss music either. And yes, I agree that the final boss of Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox was a disappointment. However, if you do not use the flying swallow attack he can be challenging.

A final boss that never disappoints me, however, is Indalecio from Star Ocean. I really enjoyed fighting him. He's the type of last boss that the programmers make you work to beat. I firmly believe in very challenging final bosses. Final bosses are just that, final bosses. That means they are the final thing standing between you and the credits. They should be the most challenging part of the entire game. They should put everything you've learned in the game to the test. Indalecio does just that. I died 11 times on him before giving up and going to the Cave of Trials to gain levels to beat him. The thing is I breezed through the 9 previous bosses before him without any trouble. I kicked the 2nd last boss' ass at level 85-90, and couldn't beat Indalecio until level 115.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.