Thread: a couple questions

Default a couple questions

im not real big on the first final fantasy's. mainly because i havent heard much about them. but i was wondering what you thought of them. i plan on playing all of them and im probobly gona have a hard time finding the first final fantasy games, so if you can tell me where i might find them that would be great.
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Final Fantasy I - III are NES games
    Final Fantasy IV is an SNES game

I was sent to America and released as Final Fantasy I for NES
    IV was sent to American and released as Final Fantasy II for the SNES

I and II were released as Final Fantasy Origins for the PS1, and will soon be released for the GBA
    IV was released as part of Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PS1

III has never seen life outside of Japan, but can be found fan-translated online.

This ends my pointless advice. Onto the better stuff"

edit: IV is an amazing game, play it. I and II are fun. Play them. They're very easy to find on their PS1 re-releases.

Blog Entries

What he said

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I - Good, solid game. Your team is whatever you want it to be, which is cool, and gives it replay value. Not much of a story though. Most of the dunegeons are fun. Three stars ***

II - Not great. The level up system is atrocious, and that hurts it a lot. Because of that, the battles can get really boring and are mostly pointless. The bosses are not well proportioned to the rest of the enemies in the dungeon. I could wail on everything and do 3 damage against the boss. Music and story are pretty good though, and you get some cool temporary characters along the way. Two stars **

IV - Awesome! My third favorite game. It's pretty straightforward, really. There's not much variation you can do from game to game, but that doesn't take anything away from it. The characters and plot are both great, and there are plenty of sidequests (much more than the first two) with some cool rewards. The charaters have pre set abilities for the most part, but you get such a diverse range of them that it doesn't bother me. The challenge is almost perfect, not too hard, not too easy. Four stars ****

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum