Thread: Help for song titles

Default Help for song titles

Alright, me and a few friends are making a mixed CD (Mostly Final Fantasy music) and I need help with the names of a few songs from various games. I know this is *kind of* alot to ask, but if anybody can help out, it'd be appreciated.

Be warned there are some **SPOILERS** ahead for the following game: CHRONO CROSS.

Once more, kids, **SPOILERS FOR CHRONO CROSS AHEAD**

There's one song from Chrono Cross I need. It's the piece of music that plays during the fight with Miguel in the Sea of Eden. It also plays during other parts of the game, but that's what I remember best.

Also, there's two main themes from Final Fantasy I need help with. The first is what I refer to as the "Crystal Theme". It plays at the main screen of Final Fantasy IV, and also during the opening credits of FFVII. If anybody can list which Final Fantasy games it's in and the name of the song in each of the games, it'd be appreciated.

Also, the "Prelude Theme". This song plays in FFIV in the scene where Cecil and Kain first leave Baron Castle. It also plays during the end sequence of FFVI. I've heard it in a few different Final Fantasys, and again, I'd appreciate it if somebody knew exactly which games it's in and it's respective name for each game.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

~ ZellMog

Just, ehh, ignore the Neo in the name NeoZellMog. Ah heh. Long story.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dunno how useful it is, but you could try http://www.ffmusic.info for track lists of most FF albums and singles etc., plus a few for other games too
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't see the CC tracks on that site. You can find them here though. I think the track you are looking for is 'Prisoners of Fate'.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZellMog
    There's one song from Chrono Cross I need. It's the piece of music that plays during the fight with Miguel in the Sea of Eden. It also plays during other parts of the game, but that's what I remember best.
    That's "People Seized with Life" from Chrono Cross OST, Disc 2, Track 16.

Also, there's two main themes from Final Fantasy I need help with. The first is what I refer to as the "Crystal Theme". It plays at the main screen of Final Fantasy IV, and also during the opening credits of FFVII. If anybody can list which Final Fantasy games it's in and the name of the song in each of the games, it'd be appreciated.
    It's called "Prelude". It plays in every FF except for X-2 and it appears in every FF soundtrack with that name except for FF8 and FFX-2.

Also, the "Prelude Theme". This song plays in FFIV in the scene where Cecil and Kain first leave Baron Castle. It also plays during the end sequence of FFVI. I've heard it in a few different Final Fantasys, and again, I'd appreciate it if somebody knew exactly which games it's in and it's respective name for each game.
    No, that's not the Prelude Theme since the Crystal theme is Prelude. You're speaking about the Prologue theme, which has been called many things in various FFs. The title Prologue is quite misleading because it plays during the opening only in FF1, FF3j and FF4, and it plays during the ending in FF4-9. Both FF5 and FF9 call the song "Final Fantasy", and the Final Fantasy Concert 2002 called it "Final Fantasy Theme", so I guess that'd be the most accurate name for that song.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I could use the name of a song too. The music that is played when Steiner and Garnet is at the south gate(where they meet Marcus and Cinna). It's a slightly altered version of the music that is played in the 'New game', 'load game' screen. In FFIX of course.