Thread: Lunatic pandora(MobileType 8 boss help)

Default Lunatic pandora(MobileType 8 boss help)

I'm having problem with this boss.

What are the strategy againast this boss?

I'm at level 35 for squall.

I'm not sure what level my other two characters are.

Blog Entries

Level doesn't factor into the equation because enemies level up with you in FF8. Actually, a low level is definitely the better option. Make sure you have some good junctions. This shouldn't be a problem because:
    a) you're in the later stages of the game
    b) you're in the Lunatic Pandora, where the draw points contain good magic and the stock at the points restore particularly fast.

Spells like Meteor, Flare, Holy are a must junction. It may take a while to get 100 of each but it'll happen faster here than anywhere else. There's also a draw point for Curaga around the elevators which will help for preparations.

For the battle itself. Use Cerberus and use Curaga to keep HP up. If have Aura (which you should, from refining), Squall should become a juggernaut of painfullness.

Other than that, keep at it,

I'm using auto junction to HP, Should I change it to auto junction with Magic or something?

I have squall HP over 5000(5300) and the other two character in the 2000 range.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

I had both Squall and Rinoa at 9999 HP by junctioning 100 Full-Lifes to their HP and having HP +80%. Personally, I never trusted auto-junction. I just went through manually and saw which spell increased which stat the most.

As for the Mobile Type 8, he's not so tough. He's a machine, and therefore weak against thunder, so summon Quezocotl and boost him up as much as possible. Cast Haste on your characters, and use Aura to get Squall's limit break if you can. He should go down pretty quick.

Just beware of Mobile's "Corona" attack, which reduces your HP to 1. Don't attack the boss at all at this point, and just concentrate on healing before going after him again.

Where do I get more full-life magic?

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

I think I refined most of mine from items and lower level magic.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: First, get most of the rare Gf's. Their abilities and attacks will be needed later on. Tonberry is very helpful with his level down and up abilities (in case you want to level up, although you should do what Mo says), and the other abilities are quite useful too. Also, be sure to junction a lot of magics to your strength, HP, etc. You can also refine items for magic, and junction those, that's always worked for me.

Rubedo: After that, the bosses will go like a breeze, let alone the normal enemies. As for the actually boss, from what I remember, it only gets tough when it goes into a certain mode. Do what I said and perish with it quickly. It probably won't be able to lay a finger on you if you do that.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* Be sure to be prepared. That boss is nothing but a mere ant compared to what is to game later in the game.

Grin

to beat mobile 8 you atack his hands first then his body.when his hands r broken he wont atack you but just use weak magic. then you havent got MO to do he he he

I just got Odin GF and I'm working on the next GF which is Tonberry or Doomtrain.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: Bear in mind that Tonberry is very time consuming to get. Be prepared, and do not level up. The tonberries get way harder when you are at high levels. But be sure to be strong by junctioned magics.

Rubedo: And soon enough you will be completely ready.

Trowa: *Sits and stares and sits and stares* That's about it...

Ok thanks thats all I need for now.