Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Want $200 and Neverending Glory? Redesign eyesonff.com!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just a hunch, but I can't see anyone winning the potential $200 prize by using the existing design with different colours, as it's the 'Sean Robinson Design' that you're submitting... meaning Sean Robinson (Cid) would be the winner, so he could only pay himself.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Just a hunch, but I can't see anyone winning the potential $200 prize by using the existing design with different colours, as it's the 'Sean Robinson Design' that you're submitting... meaning Sean Robinson (Cid) would be the winner, so he could only pay himself.
    I didnt copy anyone's design, I came up with mine

They do all look the same. Game links on the left, Banner up top, Poll on the right, and News in the middle. Its not like he has to pay someone. If he dosent like any then everyone wasted there time . Unless someone can come up with something different i dont think anyone will win.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    They do all look the same. Game links on the left, Banner up top, Poll on the right, and News in the middle. Its not like he has to pay someone. If he dosent like any then everyone wasted there time . Unless someone can come up with something different i dont think anyone will win.
    If I have to make one of my animorphic layouts again I will be seriously tired and dead...
    FOA

Alrighty here is a finished product of mine. I will edit it if the owner/staff of eyesonff wants me to. But here is what I have

http://qyube.com/eyesonff
    Last edited by Fanyl; 09-26-2004 at 03:52 AM.
    blah blah

Well personaly there's nothing wrong with the current one, it just needs a paint job. Although you shouldn't get money for doing so. But I Have a good idea.... Give the money to me

Remember, the things in parenthesis are (not) important.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can countand those who can't.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For anyone who responded to my last post, I mean that this is not a site redesign. The only changes that have been made are not to the coding (aside from one possible font change on the left) but rather to the banner image and the background image. They haven't changed the news design, they haven't changed the headers, they haven't changed the images or coding of the stuff just below the banner, the feature/poll stuff is exactly the same, etc.

So while creating something that looks similar is okay, making something that is nothing but image, font or colouring changes is not really a good idea.

Of course, I'm not judging, but I get the feeling that anyone in the right mind would agree with me... because if you only change colouring, fonts and images then you're pretty much just doing a minor change to Cid's design, and we could have done that ourselves so you shouldn't really expect money for it.

I'm not saying anything is bad, I'm just giving advice to people who are being serious about their submissions.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FOA

Ciddieless since 2004

So while creating something that looks similar is okay, making something that is nothing but image, font or colouring changes is not really a good idea.
    At the end of the day, it depends on what Cid's looking for - whether he wants a new layout, or perhaps a new colour scheme, or even both. Frankly, I don't know.

But if you can find something that is an all-round improvement on what's already there, then you're on the way to a potential winner.

-----------

Sorry! Cid does say that he wants HTML more than he wants a new colour scheme. Well, back to the drawing board...
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

Quote Originally Posted by Fanyl
    Alrighty here is a finished product of mine. I will edit it if the owner/staff of eyesonff wants me to. But here is what I have

http://qyube.com/eyesonff
    This is awesome.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    http://geocities.com/rinoabella/eoff

I made a few slight adjustments...header is smaller, Odin makes an appearance, not as bright.

http://www.qyube.com/eyesonff/

If you dont really like this kind of style layout, Ill try to change the colors around and tables. Give me a week or a couple of days and I should be able to finish a new layout for you.
    blah blah

http://www.riftwebdesign.co.uk/eoff/new/index.htm

An altered version of my design. I've ditched the white borders and added abit more colour. I've also altered the top & bottom logos slightly as well.

Edit:

For some reason, Firefox is showing the table colour around the news items in white intead of dark blue. The right hand table colour isn't showing up either. I'll see if I can sort it out tomorrow.

Page works fine in IE6 though.
    Last edited by NM; 09-28-2004 at 12:52 AM.