Thread: Military

Default Military

Quick question. How will wars and the military work?

Due to the barbarian invasion in New Canada, I have been wanting to increase and train up my military. I was just wondering how this would work and any information would be greatly appreciated.
    lol signature

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well... seeing you have enough cities and the size of your nation is pretty big, I can say that your nation is able to have their own army of sorts.

This is just a whim of though, but I'm going to say this. To get an army for your nation, you must have at least 3 cities. You can still have troops with one or two, but it won't be a skilled army. If your nation have forts, you can start training your troops.

Well, I don't know how that's going to work, so BoB, Nait, and I will have to work on this. We'll get back to you when we have something. As of now, if you have three cities, you have an army. If you have forts, your army will be more trained and skilled. If you have less than three cities, you have a small band of troops. If you have less than three cities and forts, your troops will be trained and skilled. If you have one city (even though you should have at least two) you have nothing to really defend yourself with, unless you have a fort.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

As far as I know, wars have to be officially allowed before anyone can declare war etc. This means that until we announce it, nobody can wage war (mainly because we don't have a set procedure).

The general idea was that a war would be won by way of inactivity of your opponent. In other words, you say you attack then if nobody within that nation can respond to your attack within a certain timeframe then they lose. If they respond quickly, they defend successfully. They can make a response attack at the same time if they so wish, or wait until later. We never came up with a timeframe or confirmed anything, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

When a country declares war on another country, does the defending country receive a PM?
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Also. Do we get navies yet? Considering my nation is mostly a maritime nation for the moment, it would be in our best interest to build one.
    lol signature

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can get your Navy later when ocean-travelling is possible.

Isn't that what the Council of Valtameri has accomplished? Or is it just a power consolidation network?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

>_>

Quote Originally Posted by princeofdarknez
    Isn't that what the Council of Valtameri has accomplished? Or is it just a power consolidation network?
    We're working on it. It just takes a lot of R&D.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

The most powerful of all! Bahumat's Avatar

For the countries without many members, could they build more elite armies, to offset some (not all) of the advantage given to larger nations? this would be like having archers that fire more accurately or have a preffered terrain ect. ect. ect.

Also, can the nations research things on their own, without much help, or do they have to gather together in group.

Almost the same as the last question, can we build doomsday/failsafe weapons so that if we are conquered, we can blow our cities to smitherines, destroy attacking armies ect.

i understand if you say things i don't like, about what i wrote, but it would be a good way of offsetting the larger nations.
    *Insert witty quote here*

"That's not a knife! This is a knife!"
    "Yup. And this, this is a crossbow...."

Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb"

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega.
    I am the Beginning, of your End."
    -Agent Smith

Member of the KH Trinity