Thread: Biggs and Wedge...

Default Biggs and Wedge...

Click here

[q=that link]Galbadian Soldiers Biggs and Wedge are references to two characters from Star Wars, Biggs Darklighter and Wedge Antilles. They have appeared in some form in nearly every Squaresoft game since Final Fantasy VI.[/q]
    I knew the part about them showing up in multiple games, but I didn't know they were Star Wars referrences. Is this true?

:shoot:

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yupper.
    Figaro Castle

i only remember them in 7 and 8 and in 7 (SPOILER) They die right at the begining(spelling ) in 7

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)Biggs and Wedge die when the plate is dropped on Sector 7, so yeah, it's pretty early on in the game.

Biggs and Wedge are the two soldiers that accompany Terra to Narshe in the beginning of FF6. Although stupid Ted Woolsey renamed Biggs "Vicks".
    Figaro Castle

In FFX, Biggs and Wedge are Blitzball players (not sure about FFX-2, but I would assume they're back).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by the link
    FFVIII revamped the entire FF battle system with 'Junctions'. For the first time (and only time so far), every character could summon or use magic as regular attacks.
    Not true. In FFV - FFVII all characters could summon, attack and cast magic.
    Figaro Castle

I noticed that too. I think they meant that you can use them repeatedly without worrying about MP ('course, with magic, you're still limited).

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    i only remember them in 7 and 8 and in 7 (SPOILER) They die right at the begining(spelling ) in 7
    Duh how could i forget that. . I gotta start playin 6 again im at the end might as well finish it.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i think its really cool that they have there small little tribute to star wars.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

That link says this....

Trivia for
    Final Fantasy VIII (1999) (VG)
    The music in this game was originally composed and recorded as Dolby Digital 5.1, then "dumbed down" to normal stereo for the actual release. The original DD 5.1 score is said to be the one to be used on the PlayStation 2 re-release.

--------------------

Am I right in believing there will be a FFVIII re-release for the PS2 or is this not credible?

Someone probably submitted that before SquEnix announced that there will be no remake or re-release of any kind.

I'm hoping, like many others, that they change their minds on that, but that's how it is right now .

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i think its really cool that they have there small little tribute to star wars.
    IX is full of Star Wars references. There's an old thread about it, I cant remember any offhand.

And in VI, when Locke meets Celes, if he's disguised as an Imperial Soldier, she says to him "Arent you a bit short to be a trooper." or something like that, which is a variation of what Leia says to Luke when he rescues Leia from the Death Star in Episode IV.

As far as I know, Benaro & Zenaro (FFIX) Characters are called also Biggs & Wedge in Japanes version of the game.

I just read that a long time ago... I'm not sure is true but i believe it
    Don't Happy, Be Gothic

Blog Entries

I like Bigs And Wedge specially when Wedge? says No pay for you this month! eheheheheheh altought in FF7 they didn't make so many damages...

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Laguna...
    As far as I know, Benaro & Zenaro (FFIX) Characters are called also Biggs & Wedge in Japanes version of the game.

I just read that a long time ago... I'm not sure is true but i believe it
    I dont know if it's true or not, but I'd doubt it. Every FF with Biggs and Wedge has made faithful to their names (save for VI, as mentioned before), and I dont see why the translators of IX would go out of their way to change the names.

But like I said, I dunno.