Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disapointing Animes

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Default Disapointing Animes

this is just 4 Anime fans, or just ppl who like Anime in general. no offense if u dont like anime, thats your opinion and right, but i feel it would be a bias view in relation 2 my below question.

has any Anime been liked hyped up, rated heavily by ppl, got u really excited etc...and then u watch it and its a real mediocre or crap, or at least no where near the level u expected?

i,ve seen several. recently Excel Saga started on Sci-fi again and i,ve finally got a chance to catch it.

its pathetic. its completly crazy and insane...which should be a good thing, but it just comes across as completly un funny. when there is only one or two laughs an episode u KNOW sumthins up.

this may only be dub problems, but Excel's voice! . its so annoying and incoherent, i,ve never been annoyed by a voice before. i,ve basically stopped taping it now. i,ll still watch it but i,m not hopeful it will improve.

also Metropolis and Read or Die were disapointing. they were genius and amazing...but i expected them to challenge for top spot in my anime chart, they were no where near.

Bubblegum crisis tokoyo 2040 was pathetic and upon re watching Spirited Away on Dvd, its still magical, but hardly worthy of being anywhere near the greatest anime.

what about the rest of u guys?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: Gundam SEED

Rubedo: 'nuff said

well to be honest, Gundam Wing really bored me in the second half of the seris...

*Dodges the four way gunfire from Rubedo's four personas*.......
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I like Gundam Seed. It's love square between Kira, that red-haired girl, that pink-haired girl, and that blond-haired girl keeps me watching. Not as good as Wing, but still good.

Biggest mistake of an anime is definitely Witch Hunter Robin. I couldn't watch 2 minutes without having to jump off a cliff.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Contributions

choas: What?! That's when the plot unfurled more! How could you not be amazed when Quatre's father and his siter Irea died? I loved that laugh he did at the end of the episode, honestly! It's even better than Albedo's!---

Albedo: What?!

chaos: That wasn't all! He went on a killing spree! Taking the wing Zero, he demolished 3 conolies, almost killed Trowa, and severely damaged Heero! speaking of Trowa, he was probably the most deep characters. In the Manga "Ground Zero" You truly get to learn what he is like! Definetly a great character! The other Gundam Pilots weren't behind either. I admit, Relena was the most idiotic character ever made, but the Gundam Pilots made up for her. The Gundam and Leo etc. designs weren't half bad either!

Rubedo: The musical scores in the show were just grand, my personal favorite being "The Wings of the Boy that killed his adolescense". The others were great too, like the opening, Rythm Emotion etc.

Albedo: The violence in the show was great! *Laughs maniacally* The storyline really unfurled near the ending, with the Giant spaceship Lybra. Milliardo Peacecraft was my favorite character! My favorite part including him was when he fought bravely even though he was out numbered, the rest of his soldiers killed, protecting the Sank Kingdom. The time when his mask broke.

Trowa: In other words, the show rocks... *Sits and stares and sits and stares and sits and stares*

was that an Anime u heard good things about though?

EDIT-it just got samey after a while. though i did not see it all. i lost interest when the blond haired one, Quarte is it? got his new gundam.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i,ve seen several. recently Excel Saga started on Sci-fi again and i,ve finally got a chance to catch it.

its pathetic. its completly crazy and insane...which should be a good thing, but it just comes across as completly un funny. when there is only one or two laughs an episode u KNOW sumthins up.

this may only be dub problems, but Excel's voice! . its so annoying and incoherent, i,ve never been annoyed by a voice before. i,ve basically stopped taping it now. i,ll still watch it but i,m not hopeful it will improve.
    Excel Saga is great and funny! You just need to watch it in Japanese with subtitles, because the dubbed version sucks majorly. You'll understand some of the jokes better that way.

Anyway, anime that disappointed me... Wild ARMs TV. I was hoping it would be more like the games, but it wasn't really. It disappointed me.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    Excel Saga is great and funny! You just need to watch it in Japanese with subtitles, because the dubbed version sucks majorly. You'll understand some of the jokes better that way.

Anyway, anime that disappointed me... Wild ARMs TV. I was hoping it would be more like the games, but it wasn't really. It disappointed me.
    i just feel if it was THAT good it would still show on the dub...like Martian Successor Nadesico 4 instance. many jokes were lost...but where re written to make sense to western ppl. class show in japanese and english.

Contributions

was that an Anime u heard good things about though?

EDIT-it just got samey after a while. though i did not see it all. i lost interest when the blond haired one, Quarte is it? got his new gundam.
    chaos: That wasn't permanently his new Gundam. He got the Wing Zero when he was insane. He went on a killing spree after that. Those were the greatest episodes.

Rubedo: Pure gold...

i think i saw the killing sprew. it did,nt do much 4 me though.

dont get me wromg, i loved it at first...but it just grew tiresome imho. how many episodes were there before the Endless waltz movie?

i do think Lieutenant Zex/minrardo Peacecraft(sp!) was awesome though.

Contributions

i think i saw the killing sprew. it did,nt do much 4 me though.

dont get me wromg, i loved it at first...but it just grew tiresome imho. how many episodes were there before the Endless waltz movie?

i do think Lieutenant Zex/minrardo Peacecraft(sp!) was awesome though.
    chaos: There were 49 Episodes before Endless Waltz. That kinda fits, including the movie, 50 Episodes...

Albedo: *laughs maniacally* I agree, Milliardo was truly magnificent!

Well until now all anime i have seen were pretty good,i don't have a problem yet-not that i have seen that much of anime but anyway-But maybe some episodes of Dragonball were a little crap,now that i think about it.

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

damn u, u have made me want to rewatch gundam wing now!

another disapointment was the Tenchi seris. not very rewarding...

uhm, im gonna get away from mech stuff rite now, but dbgt was really a bummer. ive seen it in japanese, and even tho it doesn't have the same good intangible qualities as dbz, it was still awesome. the englsih version of dbgt destroyed my love for anime. decent at best. i think toonami edited it way too much

if every1 thinks wat im talking about is like a decade old, thats ok.
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

could,nt agree more DBZ AND DB Japanese version r amazing. DBGT supreme shi*.