Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disapointing Animes

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

[QUOTE=CloudSquallandZidane]Man i must be the only one who enjoyed Ninja Scroll.

QUOTE]

i love Ninja Scroll...well ok i like it alot. its at least in my top 30 (which is quite an achievment considering the competition 4 places).

on Dragonball. the Japanese version is probably better then DBZ. its just that its english language DUB is probably in the top 5 for worst dub,s i,ve ever seen.

P.S-thanks 4 the websites edczxcvbnm . i appreciate it.

except none of the downloads r working? i dont get it? there all strange files. how do i use these torrent file things?
    Last edited by aeris2001x2; 09-04-2004 at 03:24 PM.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Its a file sharing program called bit torrent. You need to download a program so that you can download. Lets see here...I use Azureus. You can go into that one and cap your uploads and downloads so you can still browse the net.

I am not sure but I think you can get it from www.azureus.com. Now because you are not downloading this from a server you may not reach the speeds you normally get. A lot of these places will also ban you if you don't share so don't go nuts and wait till you have about .7-1.0 share ratio(the program will tell you).

The only thing you really need to know about is when you download the torrent sometimes it will be called somethingsomthing.avi.torrent[1] and it will ask you to save it or open it. When you save it you need to rename it so that the [1] is gone then open the file.

Thats my bit torrent crash course. There are other clients out there so if you don't care for azureus read the FAQs on the sites to figure out where you might obtain others and stuff.

Here is a good website to get most all the FMA - www.hagaren.de

EDIT: You actually don't need to delete the [1] because you can just select a program from the list actually.
    Last edited by edczxcvbnm; 09-04-2004 at 05:57 PM.

Inyuasha.

Terrible terrible garbash.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Kikaider. You can't get better than Kikaider. One of those underrated, not too well known anime titles out there.

Cowboy Bebop was pretty disappointing. Before you start flaming, let me explain myself. After all the hype centering around Cowboy Bebop, I decided to check it out. I loved the first episode, but it just got boring after the 8th episode. The last two episodes were insanely incredible, though. The movie's also unbelievably amazing. I watched the movie twice without any hesitation.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I never liked any of the Dragonball series. They're way too battle-centered and the battles take forever. "Omg! The planet is gonna blow up in <i>two minutes!</i>." 14 episodes later "Omg! The planet is gonna blow up in <i>one minute! We have to hurry!</i>" *shoots a bunch of attacks at an enemy, surrounds him with smoke "Haha I have won!" enemy appears out of the smoke "Haha, you are not as strong as me!"

That sums up my feelings.

InuYasha was disappointing, because I could see a lot of promise in it. But it's basically like all of Rumiko Takahashi's other anime... Kagome and InuYasha are basically revamps of Akane and Ranma from Ranma 1/2 (which was good for about 20 episodes, then it got insanely repetitive).

And yes, a bad dub can ruin a show. Look at Sailor Moon in dubbed form. They turned it into a chatty teenage pile of dirt "As if!", took out all serious and even a lot of the comedic points, and just tore it apart. The Japanese Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon, however, is a very good anime with a nice mix of serious plots and comedy. Some dub monstrosity examples: The last two episodes of the first season were cut down to one. The (SPOILER)deaths of the Inner Senshi and all the emotional reactions from their friends were completly removed (the excuse for their absense being that they were 'kidnapped by the Negaverse'), along with the (SPOILER)death of Mamoru at the hands of Usagi, and Usagi's death at the end, and turned into some cheesy snot. And in the third season (Sailormoon S) when Haruka and Michiru went from being lovers to cousins (since, of course, homosexual cartoon characters are a no no here).

Dubbing also ruined Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman, which is a critically hailed series from the 70's. It was dubbed as Battle of the Planets, then again as G-Force, and once more as Eagle Riders. They all tore it apart and made it completly unwatchable.

So either buy DVDs of your anime (since the DVDs automatically included subbed and dubbed) or make sure the tapes you get are subbed. It's worth the extra effort.

i see what u mean about the Dub of Sailor moon. i think what i meant was if an Anime is good, it will show even on a crap Dub, AS LONG as they dont cut bits out and censor stuff etc.

i have to agree the way Sailor moon was treated is disgusting. i remember they took the original incarnations of Macross i think, and spliced it together to form the Monstrosity= Robotech. that too was shameful.

and to be honest, DB/DBZ were treated awfully by funimation too.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

You have to give Cartoon Network and Funimation some credit. They did a fine and dandy job with the Adult Swim animes.

On the subject of DBZ, I agree whole-heartedly with TheAbominatrix. It was the best anime ever, when I was a child, but now it's just godawful. The same thing happens over and over. Some unbelievably strong enemy shows up and beats all of the good guys to a pulp. They then all train themselves, but, ultimately, only one of them will beat the villain. This happens in every single season of DBZ. DBGT's all right. It tried going back to DB, but didn't do as good a job. DB I have no problem with.

the reason why i imagine(i dont have adult swim here in uk) is because funimation did not have a part in alot of them (e.g-cowboy bebop).

i understand the criticism,s of DBZ but i still love the thing. first saw it at 15 and i was like WOW. no where near as incrediable now, but i think its still 19th in my anime chart.

though there were times it disapointed me (mainly Gohan fighting Perfect Cell and Gohan SSJ2 destroying Super perfect cell). oh and the part of the BUU saga with Vegetto in it. Vegetto and that version of Super BUU were the two strongest guys to appear in DBZ...and the fight was a huge let-down.

If you count the movies, Gojita was way stronger than Vejito.

but as the movies dont fit in the plot its impossible to count them.

oh thanks 4 reminding me. the movies 1-6 were rubbish...

AYASHI NO CERES. I used to like it. It's...*retches*
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    oh thanks 4 reminding me. the movies 1-6 were rubbish...
    i completely agree.i liked movies 10-13. man, i wish they had subtitles....its fun just making up ur own storyline tho.

movie 13=best dbz movie ever!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

I never liked BubbleGum Crisis 2040 or Inuyasha. Or DBZ or anything DB for that matter. Interesting points Abominatrix, i always knew dubs fuXeD up plot but I never knew they'd actually change its course completely.

I love the older 'classic' anime movies like Ninja Scroll, Akira, Ghost in The Shell...and i have a soft spot for all these new vampire-based crap by the same artists. The stunning modern animation and drawing style, to me, almost makes up for the cheesy, predictable action-based storylines devoid of characters with a trace of personality.

I often prefer manga to anime. It allows for less effort in making it look good and allows for more convincing storyline and character creation. Oh jeez...i was thinking of the DBZ comics in Shonen Jump as i wrote this. I feel dirty. Its as bad as the anime, honestly.

~~~FreaQ
    Last edited by FreaQaZoiD; 09-08-2004 at 04:19 PM.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Dubs can do many things, little things like being annoying (example: Magic Knight Rayearth dubbed -chan to -ster. So Hikaru was running around yelling "Umi-ster! Fuu-ster!") to completly making a different show.

Battle of the Planets was the first dub of Gatchaman. Because Gatchaman was such a violent show, they had to cut out lots and lots and LOTS of stuff. They cut out SO MUCH that they had to add extra footage of a 'narrator boss thing', an annnoying robot called 7-Zark-7. Any violence after was explained like "Mark's birdrang only stuns them. They'll be fine in a few minutes". Then they added adventures into space (not seen on the original show) and a lot of other stuff to make up for all they cut. It was bad. BAD.

Cowboy Bebop would have easily become my favorite anime, but, sadly, much of the episodes were too boring for my liking. The last two episodes were so poetic, though. It's as if the creators wanted you to think that the whole series would be boring, but, WHAM. They throw the Real Folk Blues(the episodes) at you and you're left in a puddle of your own tears and fecal matter because those episodes are just that amazing. Same goes for Knocking on Heaven's Door(Cowboy Bebop movie). It's safe to say that KoHD is the best anime movie ever. If you disagree, you're wrong.