Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disapointing Animes

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Speaking of Bebop, that's a quality dub right there. Other good dubs I can think of are Evangelion and Spirited Away.

And as for Knockin' on Heaven's Door, I liked it, but I dont think it's one of the best. Probably the best anime movie for a series, but I think Miyazaki's movies are, on the whole, better. But then again, they're two completly different kinds of movies.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only anime I can think of off the top of my head that was dissapointing was Excel Saga. I thought it was just... dull. And I'd heard it was really funny so I was like "Aww... hours of downloading for nothing."

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: Alright, I take by my statement about Gundam SEED, now my second favorite anime, Gundam Wing being first of course

Rubedo: I never really liked Inuyasha. I forced myself to enjoy it, but I just couldn't get into the mode. At some times, I thought the plot was rushed. Although I don't know why...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Dubs can do many things, little things like being annoying (example: Magic Knight Rayearth dubbed -chan to -ster. So Hikaru was running around yelling "Umi-ster! Fuu-ster!")
    Bwahahahaha! The award for most evil dub goes to...

~~~ - FreaQ

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Cowboy Bebop episode 11 rocked. It gave tribute to both Garfield AND Alien! The bad episodes were 12,13,25,26. They ruined the greatness of the series as well as the flow. The extent of Vicious shouldn't have gone past the first encounter. Thats all that needed to be shown.

Shonen Jump is better than any of the anime. Mainly cuz Americans edit the real things so much that it's just a big load of crap. They make it into kiddie shows, like it was in Japan, but America is so much more over protective that... In my opinion, if they show it in America, they should keep it as close to the actual story as possible, not cut out anything, and just rate it for older audiences. The way they change the anime earns the anime the title of 'Stupid meaningless load of @*$#' But for some anime that hasn't been ruined by America or any other country, they already are 'Stupid meaningless load of @*$#'

Okay this rant has been long coming to you unbelievers out there.

Gundam Seed and Gundam Wing pale in comparison to the original Mobile S Suit Gundam and Gundam Z. For one thing ,storyline for Gundam Seed was loosely based on Mobile Suit Gundam so it can be considered as a remake of the series. Next Gundam Wing was made to appeal to a younger audience and also to attract girls to the series(due to the large amounts of prettyboys)so it is less serious than the other series'. Gundam was originally meant to be a war drama not some crap about five kids in invicible gundams taking on whole armies. I mean everytime one of those kids gets in a mobile suit it suddenly becomes invincible. There is no set of physics for the series. The best gundam Series' are those done by Tomino cos he's the man. In his series' he tries to show what a real war is supposed to be. Gundam was originally intended to be a war drama and although Seed does this very well Wing becomes very unbelievable as a war drama as the series goes on. Once the Wing Zero's introduced it just goes downhill from here as it just ends up as a cheap plot device to keep the story going.
    Okay so the animation in MSG and Z are old and out of date but the storylines of the series' is done very well and the fight scenes are great. Although the scenes in Seed is well done the ones in Wing were really dodgy. Especially the final battle. OMG that didnt even finish properly. Zechs just poke his saber into Libra's reactor and then buggers off. I mean wtf. Also both wing and Seed had some really annoying characters. First off Relena Peacecraft. The main female lead. comepletely and utterly useless. I get the feeling that she caused more problems for Heero than was nescassary. Also what's with Heero and his continual attempts to kill himself? That guys got some deathwish or something. In Seed we have Yzak Gable(u know the pilot of Deul Gundam), for some reason that guy hates Kira. Sure Kira did give a pretty nasty scar but Yzak seemed to hate him before that. Also they ruined Rau le Cresuet's character. Throughout the whole series he seemed like all mysterious, manipulating things from behind the scenes and such, but he just ends up as another phychopath who wants to destroy the earth. Lesse Wufei was pathetic as a main charater. He had the worst character developement in the whole series. Also Lady Une was freaky with her split personality thing. In fact i got problems with most of wing's cast.(with the exception of Zech's and Duo)
    Also, i think Aeris said something about the love square between Kira, Fay(red hair girl), Cagalli(Blonde), and Lacus(Pink). Man that was a really strange one. Heres the breakdown. Fay is using Kira so she can get revenge on the enemy for killing her parents and then ends up dying. Lacus is Kira's best Friend's(Athrun) fiancee who he just happened to kidnap and they end up falling in love and such. And of course Cagalli who turns out to be Kira's sister which is just wrong.

That's all i can think of right now but i'll probably come up with some other stuff later, so keep your eyes open. :mog: :mog: :mog:

Its all in the roll of the dice.

Oops, got a bit off topic.
    Bubblegumcrisis was a really bad anime.
    Also i have a great loathing of anything relating to dragonball.
    And i like to point out that ZZ gundam is really, really bad. Well at the start anyway.
    Also Pokemon. I hate the anime. Everyone is so happy and nice and it just really freaks me out.

Its all in the roll of the dice.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Cowboy Bebop episode 11 rocked. It gave tribute to both Garfield AND Alien! The bad episodes were 12,13,25,26. They ruined the greatness of the series as well as the flow. The extent of Vicious shouldn't have gone past the first encounter. Thats all that needed to be shown.
    i cant believe u just said that? the whole Anime;s main theme was about(SPOILER)Spike coming to terms with the wrong he inflicted on his best friend Vicious by cheating on him with his GF Julia

wow u have a REAL downer on Anime...no offense.

EDIT-i appreciate its opinion and all. but i thought ep 11 was awful, and ep 26 end was the best end EVER, Anime or otherwise.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    ep 26 end was the best end EVER, Anime or otherwise.
    I don't think I've ever cried that much...

Anyway, yeah I LOVED InuYasha, and I still do but...its became reptitious after this many episodes...I really think 150 would of done it, but eh, they're REALLY dragging it out...I still love it, but eh, I won't make a final judgement till I've finished the series(damn it might beat Sailor Moon's 200 episodes O_o).

Cowboy Bebop...I think is good, but not NEARLY as good as people say it is...I mean its great, but its not THAT good...the last episode however, kicks the crap out of everything else...I cannot argue with that.

Dissapointing anime...hmm...Angel Sanctuary really dissapointed me...it was just like...1/4 of the story and it just cuts off inconclusively. Silent Mobius just cut off too, and the way that it cut off really bugged the HELL out of me. Other than that, I can't really think of any others that really 'dissapointed me'. The "X" movie wasn't all I thought it would be, but it wasn't really "dissapointing".

I STILL want a 6th Sailor Moon Anime series to conclude their lives or whatever...like...them die and stay dead, you know! GAH!
    Last edited by DMKA; 09-28-2004 at 01:58 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Nadesico the movie, NADESICO THE MOVIE, NADESICO THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not even good as a stand alone film or even a follow on, 3/4 hours of film compressed into 1 hour, 20 mins. A really bad idea as they cut the middle out.

Not really been disappointed by other animes too much actually though, I need to watch more, oh except that Macross 2 thing is it, with the whiny reporter who finds the singing alien and they end up making the macross save them by singing or something, urg that was annoyingly voiced and rather crappy in story terms...
    FOA

Fushigi the Yuugi was so very very disapointing. Also, everyone who said some of the espiodes of Bebop were overhypered is quite right. However, the last espiode of Bebop was...awesome.

The Gravitation anime was disapointing in some ways too...too much recycled footage, and it really could have done with more espiodes . There was enough material for it in the manga .

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Female Ryuichi
    The Gravitation anime was disapointing in some ways too...too much recycled footage, and it really could have done with more espiodes . There was enough material for it in the manga .
    Really? I've never read the manga and I loved the anime! This is why I'm glad I stay away from manga.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i cant believe u just said that? the whole Anime;s main theme was about(SPOILER)Spike coming to terms with the wrong he inflicted on his best friend Vicious by cheating on him with his GF Julia

wow u have a REAL downer on Anime...no offense.

EDIT-i appreciate its opinion and all. but i thought ep 11 was awful, and ep 26 end was the best end EVER, Anime or otherwise.
    I am not a downer. I am realistic about it. Not everything is great and dandy. I have the same views on television here in the States.

I will disagree with your view on what Bebop was about. If it was about what you said then they did a troutty job of it. The only episodes that focused on that at all were the first vicious episode, 12,13,25 and 26. What else shows what you say? Everything is just the random events of the bounty hunters and their struggle to just get by...and in a funny way

If you wonder why I find so much bad and dissappointing it is because I expect a lot more out of it. I expect a lot out of movies and TV also and this is no different. It can be good and even great but like everything else, it rarely is.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

the seris was imho, one of the deepest ever. ep 1, 6, 10, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23 and 24 all had incrediable emotional and philosophic moments. most to do with Spike and the way he forever lives his life with such a terrible burden...but other characters also involved.

the greatness of Bebop is its subtle deepness. The philosophy does not encroach on the watcher, if they dont want an Evangelion, then they have a fantastic action packed comedic romp.

However for those who want to read betwen the lines and find divinity, then it is there. The Vicious/Spike/Julia relationship is never fully explained, you have to work things out yourself. You see the evolution of the bounty hunters relationships. you see Spike's very subtle decline into depression...he did not stop falling from the church in ep 5. You have to have watched it as much as i have perhaps to see it, but it is there. If u want me to explain this deepness i will.

but basically this Anime is just incrediable. it Fuses comedy and drama, action and philosophy, Eva and Nadesico, to create the most incrediable tv seris ever. if i was not such an Eva whore, then Bebop would be my number 1 Anime.

Even if u do not see it your self, then thats fare enough. its your loss i suppose, interpretation is a strange thing. but Bebop would not be in my top ten animes if i did not find emotion and depth throughout.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7