Thread: FF4 help

Default FF4 help

I justed started FF4 and im at a cave with the sage dude. i get him and hes at Lv.20! Leveling isnt that easy in this game either cecil is Lv16 and rydia is Lv14. Should i level up my people to match him. Also if anyone has any tips to give it would be apreciated.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

no i would not advise leveling up at this stage really (u have already got Rydia to a decent level so she can survive). your do fine at this stage. unlike many ff games, power leveling will oftern not be enough. its more about the tactics u use.

i would just say there r many monsters that can do devasting attacks even early on. so make sure u take advantage of all the White Magic u r given.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Also, make sure your weaker characters, in this case Rydia and Tellah, are always in the back row. The enemies will have a harder time hitting them, and the damage they will receive will be minimal.

And make sure you take advantage of your enemies elemental weaknesses. In this cave, most mosters are water monsters, and are weak against lightning spells. The exception being the GiantToads (I think it's the name... anyway, the toad monsters), which are weak against ice spells. And I think there are a few undead monsters too lurking about, which are weak against fire.

Don't be afraid to use a tent and save your game when given the occasion to.

ohh, when u r back attacked, make sure u switch the rows back as soon as possible. u can be devasted in seconds. and in back attacks or even normal attacks, DONT be afraid to run away.

ffIV is quite a difficult game...espicaly sum of the optional bosses. and the last boss is a real brute.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Alright thanks guys. I just didnt want him to bee to far ahead of my other people.

well to be honest it wont matter as...

*ok only read if u want a sum spoilers. i mean it, there semi-big spoilers...

(SPOILER)Cecil becomes a Paladin and resets his lv to 1. Rydia will leave youe party, and come back as a teenager at diff level. and Tellah dies fighting Golbez

Is it a big spoiler like in ff7 my freind told me that (SPOILER)aeris died. it was still really sad though and that pissed me off.

not quite as emotional as that...but still big...actually dont read. just play the wonderful game and DONT worry about the levels right now. your know why later.

kay

Editod dammit!!! I thought i knew what it was so i read it noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Im so dumb
    Last edited by Carnage; 09-04-2004 at 02:41 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Curiosity can be a dangerous thing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

i,m sorry Carnage. what did u think it was going 2 be?

I thought that you told me not to worry about tellah cause when i get to that "spoony bard's" castle he left my party. i like cecils new look hes pretty strong even at level 1.lol He gained 5 levels first battle i used him goin down the mountain .