Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look, this relationship isn't working.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Look, this relationship isn't working.

I mean, I know that every relationship has its ups and downs, but when was the last time you did anything for me? You just take and take and never give anything. Well I have news for you. When you weren't around, people would make fun of you, and snicker and laugh, and when they did I defended you. And how did you thank me? Tales of Symphonia? Pikmin 2? You think that's going to solve anything.

You just don't have any worthwhile games anymore, Gamecube. And to be honest, I didn't really play a whole lot of the ones that you had. I bought Pikmin instead of ICO one day, and instantly regretted it. Now I can't find a copy of ICO anywhere. And yeah I know it's childish, but I resent you for it. Do you know what was my favorite game for you? Beyond Good and Evil. And that was for everything. Even PC.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Wind Waker and Super Monkey Ball 2. Gamecube, I really did. And that Zelda Bonus disc was just wonderful. I mean, there were good times. There were. I remember the first day I had you. How I marveled at those adorable little discs. The controller that felt oddly comfortable in my awkward hand. The quasi-secret button in the center of the disc spinner that would pop out the games. That was our little secret.

You were so full of potential! Four controller ports. I'd never owned an N64, so this was a novel concept for me. The thought of me and three friends playing your little games, and experiencing everything you had to offer...it was inticing. The GBA connectivity for extra features in games. The GBA player that would be the new Super Gameboy. The Card Reader. God, was I really excited about the Card Reader? What a fool I was.

Because you were so promising, Gamecube. You promised a lot. But you asked a lot in return. "Just buy one more accessory for me and I'll reveal to you all my secrets!" But it was never enough, was it? There was no problem that couldn't be solved by throwing money at you, but there were always plenty of problems to be had, weren't there? Pac-Man Vs, Crystal Chronicals, where did it end? It didn't end. It just didn't. We both knew it, but you kept begging for new toys while I was here wondering where exactly my life went.

I could never get into Metroid Prime. I know, I know. It was my fault. I've never been able to play any Metroid games. Even Metroid II for the Gameboy turned me off as a kid. I just couldn't get into the swing of things.

But let's face facts. We're of two different minds. You wanted Metal Gear Solid to be an impossibly difficult John Woo movie with nigh-parodic cutscenes that would be hilarious if I didn't get the feeling that the developers were being serious about things. You wanted GBA connectivity to unlock things in Prince of Persia that didn't requite spare hardware in the other versions of the game.

Whenever there were multiple ports, I always tried to play your version. I tried to stay faithful to you. But I just can't do it anymore. Last month I played the PS2 version of Spider-Man 2. Yeah, yeah I did. Well what the hell was I supposed to do!! There weren't any copies of your version at the store because you're just Miss Popular aren't you! Yeah, well my PS2 may not be as pretty as you, and its graphics may be a bit behind the times, but at least its target audience is old enough to shave!

Yeah. I went there.

Listen, the bottom line of all this is that if you're going to contune to wade though a stagnant pool of creativity, then I'm going to sell you to buy Star Ocean 3. I'm sorry it has to end this way, but you're leaving me little choice. I think that right now, what we shoudl be concentrated on is reflecting on the good times we had together. The laughs we shared. Maybe I'll see you again some day, at a used game store or something. Maybe then we could give it another go. No hard feelings, right?

No, of course not. You're a ing piece of electronics.
    goku

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

But what about Resident Evil, Animal Crossing and Eternal Darkness?

I think Pikmin is one of the best games this generation and a hell of a lot better than ICO.

Soul Calibur II, best 3D fighter ever.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You bitch. I just replied in the one of this you posted at ASC. I hate you.

Yeh break it off dude. U know PS2 and Xbox want u, their both hotter, plus and i hear they like to experiment with modifications, so they are soo much better. Oh and lets not foget their both really into fore online-play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    You bitch. I just replied in the one of this you posted at ASC. I hate you.
    I agree. Please go stab yourself in the ear.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just did it because I like posting General Chat threads once in a while but it's sad because Brandy and Brian never get to read them.

But look, now it's not even in General Chat. Life just keeps turning against me.
    goku

But who cares about Brian?
    Brandy, maybe. But Brian?

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquallandZidane
    Yeh break it off dude. U know PS2 and Xbox want u, their both hotter, plus and i hear they like to experiment with modifications, so they are soo much better. Oh and lets not foget their both really into fore online-play.
    Apparantly, you've never heard of the awesome badass way of playing games on a Cube across the broadband modem with an exploit in PSO ep. 1&2. If you get a program called something I won't say and hook your computer directly into your Gamecube broadband modem with PSO set to dial into your computer's IP address, you can send games across the line with no mod chip required.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    But who cares about Brian?
    Brandy, maybe. But Brian?
    Yeah, srsly.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mario Party!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Cube is my console of choice, baby! So many awesome games... Tales of Symphonia is one of my fave games in quite a while... RE4 coming up... Viewtiful Joe 2 (which really isn't an exclusive, but whatever). Saying the good ol' Cube is for kids is an old and untrue thing to say. True, the GCN has more family friendly games than other systems... but it also has a crap load of teen and adult friendly games. And who says that older people can't have fun with 'kiddy' games? If you wanna sell you Cube to buy some PS2 game... that's fine. It's your loss...
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

This is almost as bad as blaming a bike-creating company for falling off of one of their bikes.

Viewtiful Joe
    Link in Soul Calibur 2, which speaks for itself
    The upcoming Zelda game
    Metroid Prime 2
    I don't understand how you could hate Tales of Symphonia at all
    Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
    FF: Crystal Chronicles
    Square's supposedly coming out with another GC-exclusive FF
    Resident Evils
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Capcom Vs SNK 2: EO
    Viewtiful Joe
    RE Zero
    Megaman Anniversary collection
    Sonic Heroes
    Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Olly
    Capcom Vs SNK 2: EO
    Viewtiful Joe
    RE Zero
    Megaman Anniversary collection
    Sonic Heroes
    Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
    Quote Originally Posted by BatChao
    Cube is my console of choice, baby! So many awesome games... Tales of Symphonia is one of my fave games in quite a while... RE4 coming up... Viewtiful Joe 2 (which really isn't an exclusive, but whatever). Saying the good ol' Cube is for kids is an old and untrue thing to say. True, the GCN has more family friendly games than other systems... but it also has a crap load of teen and adult friendly games. And who says that older people can't have fun with 'kiddy' games? If you wanna sell you Cube to buy some PS2 game... that's fine. It's your loss...
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingBig
    This is almost as bad as blaming a bike-creating company for falling off of one of their bikes.

Viewtiful Joe
    Link in Soul Calibur 2, which speaks for itself
    The upcoming Zelda game
    Metroid Prime 2
    I don't understand how you could hate Tales of Symphonia at all
    Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
    FF: Crystal Chronicles
    Square's supposedly coming out with another GC-exclusive FF
    Resident Evils
    I was trying to avoid posts like these by posting in GC. This isn't a thread about how I'm sick of my GameCube and want to trade up (although those things are true). It's not an invitation for nerds to justify their purchases and therefore their lives by listing all the reasons I'm dumb for not liking my GameCube anymore (although I do open myself up to that by posting anywhere on a video game message board in the first place). This was intended as a humor thread. And you guys nerded it up.
    goku

Ogre, get an XBox. Fable comes out in about a week or two.