Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it Balamb administrations fault Seifer went to the darkside?

Default Is it Balamb administrations fault Seifer went to the darkside?

Quistis was an asshole to him and clearly showed that she respected and liked Squall more. Also remember that scene where Xu tells him off saying he'll never be a SeeD and there's that sort of foreboding, and he just doesn't say anything out of humiliation?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

no seifer wanted to follow his romantic dream much more than being a SeeD he just saw a way to do that in SeeD he would have become a sorceresses knight asap even though as a SeeD he'd have been charged with killing her.

Seifer was an ass and THEN he got scolded, not the other way around.
    He deserved everything he got.

Remember he was an ass even back in the orphanage.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    Seifer was an ass and THEN he got scolded, not the other way around.
    He deserved everything he got.

Remember he was an ass even back in the orphanage.
    Albedo:*laughs maniacally* Actually, Seifer just wanted to be loved, but those bastards treated him like a lap dog.

Rubedo: Meh, I think it was both, really...

Seifer had a big head, quistis what a freken cow to him cause he cut pretty squalls head and left a nasty scar, Xu was just pissed cause he didnt follow orders, Cid didnt really have a go at him that bad, cause he understood that he was anxious to prove himself the better of him and squall. What i think anyway.
    (SPOILER)SIN IS JECHT

Siefer being told he woulnd't become a SeeD wasn't mean. He became too old to pass the seed exam. That was his last chance.

.....I think I read that on the computer in the classroom. Something about not being able to take the test after you are 18 or soemthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk
    Quistis was an asshole to him
    What?? :frust:
    I have to agree with Fallen Angel in everything he said..
    PEACE
    and
    LOVE

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by TasteyPies
    Siefer being told he woulnd't become a SeeD wasn't mean. He became too old to pass the seed exam. That was his last chance.

.....I think I read that on the computer in the classroom. Something about not being able to take the test after you are 18 or soemthing.
    Yep. I cant remember if it was 18 or whatever, but once you hit a certain age, if you havent become a SeeD already then you have to leave Garden. Seifer messed up one his last try, and hence didnt get to become a SeeD. It was his own fault.

As for everyone 'picking on Seifer', I have mixed feelings about it. Seifer was a total ass to everyone. He went out of his way to be an ass to everyone. Squall was a total ass to everyone, but he didnt really go out of his way to do it. So, to the rest of Garden, Seifer was a jerk and Squall was really cool and 'misunderstood'. Annoying.

But either way, Seifer had it comin. Squall at least seems to follow orders, which is neccesary in an organization like SeeD, because if everyone starts going off on their own and doing whatever they feel like, bad things can happen.

Once Edea started stroking Seifer's ego (doesnt that sound wrong?) he was enamored of her, and he'd always been obsessed with the Sorceress/Knight deal anyway. It was just the right person, the right place, and the right time. Nobody's fault but Seifer's though, he knew better.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions

I think it was a vicious circle, personally. It starts with Seifer's evidently rebellious behavior. The Garden obviously tried to crack down on it (Cid may have been lenient about it, but the Garden Staff, and thusly Norg, were shown to abhor such behavior, so I doubt this was the first time Siefer encountered this). As Seifer was restricted, be likely lashed out harded, and more agressively, which caused Norg and his cohorts to crack down harded. Round and round we go, until we reach the events that started FF8. My thoughts, anyways.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Seifer should file one of those no personal responsibility lawsuits like the people who sued McDonald's because their food makes you fat.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    Seifer should file one of those no personal responsibility lawsuits like the people who sued McDonald's because their food makes you fat.
    xD

Quote Originally Posted by DJzen
    What was the outcome of that?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I forget, I think the plantiffs won though.

I think they contributed to Seifer going bad. They should of made him a seed. And if they had have done he would have been less likely to have joined Edea. And if there is a sequel to final fantasyVIII i want to see Seifer back in garden.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions

Maybe if he was a SeeD he wouldn't have followed Edea. But then, maybe not. Remember his "romantic dream." Also, remember that Seed/Garden is a business, as well as a military operation. You can't afford to have someone as unruly as Seifer running amok. He plays hero, and he'd put everyone else at risk. My two cents.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!