Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars Episode III

The poster looks nice, which is a plus for once.

Once again, the big problem is the character of Anakin, who in my opinion was so completely mishandled, that it's impossible to believe he's made three HUGE chracter shifts, from naive but bright child to heroic child to angst-ridden teen to bad momma jamma. It could have been done, I believe, but it wasn't done in a truly realistic fashion. The shift was too sudden from episode one to episode two that it seemed like a completely different character.

My other huge trouble with these three episodes so the actual story: We ALL know what happens already. We've known since Return Of The Jedi came out, so all the thrill, suspense and adventure is gone. I love going to see a film, like the original Star Wars and not knowing what will happen next. Sadly, I won't have that feeling at all with Episode III.

A final thought to make, at least for myself: What these episodes lacked, more than anything else, was the true passion and love of fun that the first three had. I think part of the problem is a lack of a character who is parallel to the action, there's no Han Solo. They tried to make Jar Jar Binks that character and almost completely ruined the franchise to the point where there seemed no way they could make two more films. Unfortunately, when a movie has very clear cut good guys and bad guys, there also needs to be someone in there to act as a sort of middle person, an everyman who is involved and influences the action without being completely caught up in it. There needs to be a soul and conscious that can commentate on what is happening rather than just see the good and bad. Star Wars lost its way when Lucas decided to play up the action and special effects of the film, instead of the story and characters. The first three films had it, the last two have not. I have a slight bit of hope for this next one, but I'm also very realistic that it may once again dash my dreams and hopes.

Take care all.
    Last edited by The Captain; 10-15-2004 at 06:23 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well said, buddy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

This is super late, but someone had asked if the Natalie Portman scenes in the "trailer" were from the movie Where The Heart Is. And yes, you're right, they are. Sort of makes sense though. Wal-Mart has everything, who's to say they weren't supplying all the lightsabres?