Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

I personally dislike the PSX version. In fact the only PSX re-release I loved was Final Fantasy IV because the load times. I mean... It's not really that bad, but it adds up and it just starts frusterating the hell out of me, I'll take original cartridge or emulation any day. Nothing is better than emulation because you got easy access to screen capture, and as you know, I LOVE ME SOME SCREEN CAPTURE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    To get your characters 100% they must have all magic and have learned all abilities for their special "action", i.e. all blitzes for Sabin, SwordTechs for Cyan, etc... I don't know if Gau has to learn all the Rages for 100% but I think so. Also, I don't know if you must be level 99 to get 100% either.
    Do you mean that the % not is based on stats?

Well, I want to begin with this challange as soon as possible... but first I have to complete my SMRPG without equipment challange.

I don't know much about the PSX release, as I only played through it once on PSX and then put it down because I couldn't possibly go through it again so tediously, but I highly doubt those percentages are based on stats, most likely skills and magics learned, as Flying Mullet said.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

well it cant be, cause most characters learned EVERYTHING, and they were no where near 100%. its so annoying. only Gogo and Umaro have 100%.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    I'll take original cartridge or emulation any day. Nothing is better than emulation because you got easy access to screen capture, and as you know, I LOVE ME SOME SCREEN CAPTURE!
    So emulate the PSX version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Do you mean that the % not is based on stats?
    Yeah, 100% is not based on stats. It's impossible without a game genie to get 255 of each stat as there aren't enough levels to gain the stats at each level up.
    Figaro Castle

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    So emulate the PSX version.

Yeah, 100% is not based on stats. It's impossible without a game genie to get 255 of each stat as there aren't enough levels to gain the stats at each level up.
    BUT there must be an absolute maximum amount of stats u can give your ppl that the game recognises. it may not be 255 everything, i,m thinking there must be a certain absolute lowest u can get through the game at and absolute maximum number of times u can use espers to increase stats at lv up (say 93).

if its not based on stats...what is the % based on exactly?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Okay, I'm starting my analysis on how to produce the "best" characters. If anyone has any input please let me know, I'd hate to miss something. If this comes out good enough we can make it into a guide =P

Okay so far I've made these tables showing everyone's stats as they are at the end of my game, I've listed the espers that are worth using and their @levelup modifier. The amount of points each character has was calculated 99-(character level) to show how many possible levels they have to attribute @levelup modifiers to.

The HTML file is the attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Ok, I just beated SMRPG at level 27 and without equipment. I'll be starting this challange tomorrow.

Nice, I look forward to hearing of your progress =P

Blog Entries

Just beated Vargas. The worst problem so far is the money. I have to steal from the random encounters and then sell what I've stealed if I want to buy something. It's a very slow way to get money. :rolleyes2
    But I've alot of patience.

As far as money and AP go... You'll learn to love the Veldt... =P

Blog Entries

Ok... I just beated the phantom train. Ultros was pretty tough. He took me 11 tries!

Yeah he's a pain in the behind. One of the worst bosses you'll face. Nice job on your progress. I was curious, what medium are you playing this on, emulator? Original? Psx?

Blog Entries

Orginal. I don't really know the differences.

I was wondering if you on emulator, because if so we could have swapped save states at the end =( Oh well.