Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Blog Entries

Ok, i'm in the emperial base again. The emperor want peace and all that stuff.
    I spended more than 1 hour in the Veldt just because of the money.

There is a way to talk to talk to every soldier without gaining 1 exp during this part, if you can't figure it out let me know. It's pretty tough to get them all since you can't run from the armored magitek

As far as I know none of the guides on the low-level game even know how. I had to figure out a way myself.
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 09-27-2004 at 02:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Hmmm... yea I'd like to know how to do with that armour guy. Smoke bomb? No... that doesn't work either, does it?

The only way is to save him for last, wait until it's about 10-15 seconds left, then talk to him, enter the battle and when the timer runs out, the battle will end as if you killed him and then continue on. You'll recieve no exp, but the counter will rise as if you won, everyone else you can run for and it counts like you beat them. It's funny running from someone like a coward and having them say "Ugh... You are stronger than I thought..."

Enjoy =P

Blog Entries

Okay, I haven't had much time lately (damn home work) but I've got to the fire eater. Tried him once before I shut down and the first thing to happen was that he killed my party with Fire Ball.

But I'll take him down later today.

Blog Entries

As I said... I would take him down and so I did. And Ultros as well. I'm right after the battle with Ultros.

bwahahaha, gotta love it. "Uncle Ulty REALLY WANTS YOU TO PAINT HIS PICTURE!"

Blog Entries

It's going very slow... I've had alot to do lately.

Well, I'm messing around in the Veldt right before the battle with... AIR FORCE!!!

Edit: I hate those thing that's messing around before Ultros and Chupon...
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 10-04-2004 at 09:16 PM.

Yeah, I refer to that whole part as "The Imperial Air Force" because it's lot of battles linked together with no where to save in between. This part was crazy hard. (Reminds me of my NSGIENC FFX challenge experience now ><) I want to give you one hint to save you some frustration I unfortunatley dealt with for hours before discovering it. The Siren esper is PURE GOLD in those pre-Ultros and Chupon fights, it will silence the whole screen so they can't use that Absolute 0 crap on you. Make sure to equip Siren on someone with REALLY high speed so that they can get that off at the beginning of the battle before they get a chance to use it on you. I chose Locke with all speed benefitting equipment, GOOD LUCK!

Blog Entries

I've already figured that out. But sometimes I'm STILL not fast enough... even though I have running shoes equiped.
    And another pain-in-the-ass thing is that I'm putting all my EXP on Gau which means I have to kill Locke and Strago in every battle before I beat them.

Edit: HOLY CRAP!!! I BEAT IT!!! AND I BEAT AIRFORCE ITSELF ON MY 2nd TRY!!!

Seriously... you won't belive how I did it!

Try to guess which one of Gaus rages I used.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 10-05-2004 at 12:15 AM.

Stray Cat?

Blog Entries

Nope.

The battle took more than 1hour... but I didn't even have to touch the controller much at all...

Rhinox!!! I rasped the airforce MP, so that it couldn't use that fire-based beam thing, with Locke and Strago.

Now... airforce only had missile, rocketlaunch and "thunder-based" attacks left. *insane laugh*.
    Rhinox absorbs thunder and... I don't know why but ALL the missile and rocketlaunch attacks missed ALL THE TIME!!!
    It seemed like the Rhinox thing was immune to the missile attacks. All airforce could do was miss and heal me!
    However... the problem was that both Locke and Strago were killed... and the Rhinox rage olny seem to use Life3 or phsycical attack (man, why didn't I put Gau in the front row?)... for like... 92-100dammage... :rolleyes2

Hahaha, you're crazy man. That's awesome though! Enjoy the world before it ends! Oh yeah, and I hope you didn't already get Mog You're supposed to wait on him until one of the last characters you pick up in the World of Ruin since his level will be significantly higher than the rest of your characters and will factor into your World of Ruin characters if you pick him up in the World of Balance. It's best to choose the Gold Hairpin instead of him... Seems harsh, but Gold Hairpin is much more useful than he is... And plus, even if you let him fall to his doom, you can still pick him up in the World of Ruin later =P

Blog Entries

lol, yea. No worries, I've not picked him up. I almost completely forgot about his existence.

Don't forget the gold hairpin, it can come in handy!