Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Blog Entries

Ok, now I'm in WoR. And I have to say that I actually found Atma to be very hard.
    Oh, well... I didn't rasp him... I wanted to beat him by doing dammage... well, anyway...

I rasped him... Didn't find him difficult at all with this method.

Blog Entries

Yea, I know rasping him is the best way to go but I just HAD to beat him the normal way.
    It's something I have to do evertime I battle Atma/Ultima Weapon. I just HAVE to do it the hardest way. :rolleyes2
    And meteor killed me atleast 7 times. :rolleyes2

Blog Entries

Haven't had the time to play for a while but I've just beated Phunaba(or whatever its name was)
    Felt like my first very easy battle in AGES!

Yeah, Phunbaba was pretty predictable, plus he couldn't kill more than 1 member at a time, I didn't have trouble with him either, although he did take a long time to beat... You're talking about the first time you fight him right?

It is refreshing to see how people is trying to beat this game with as little level as possible. I always thought this game was too easy, so I went and did a hack for this game to make it harder. First of all, most enemies do not give any experience, and the very few that do are certain bosses, later on the game. Oh, and forget about that funny trick of using Vanish then Doom/X-Zone, cuz it won't be working here

I throwed in some advantages, since the game gets too difficult, like getting great weapons, armors and relics in battles just by winnig a battle or by stealing. And you can be assured to get 9999Hp and 999MP for any character at level 99, so you don't need to use Espers for that.

Some powerful non elemental magics are harder to get, and Ultima CAN NO LONGER BE LARNT FROM AN ESPER NOR FROM THE PALADIN SHIELD. There is a way to learn it, but it's hard. Oh, Ultima can be cast by using Ultima Weapon (I corrected the name from Atma) as an item, so it "won't kill everybody but the caster after it is automatically cast four times", like when you cast it normally.

Tyranossaurs and Brachosaurs give maximum experience, but they are insanely harder now. Forget about fighting a single Tyrannosaur in the forest (you know what forest), because I have only left the pincer attack formation, and you will fight Brachosaurs more frequetly (they are so hard that I made the Boss battle tune play when you encounter them). You get to fight another boss in that forest, the Czar Dragon. It was a boss that didn't make it into the English version of the game.

I make Edgar have General's Leo Shock command, since it looked so good I had to sacrifice the Item command, though.

I made a lot of other modifications that I can't remmember now, but the most obvious would be the Spanish translation. Maybe I could work on a hack in an untranslated version of the game, if there is enough interest. You let me know. I anyone is interested in this hack, you can send me a mail to magimaster_2@yahoo.com

Be seeing you.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Magimaster 2, if you're into a challenging FFVI, check out i90east's expert version thread at http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50626.

Currently he's taking input for version 3. If you haven't played version 2, you should, it's a lot more fun and a lot more challenging.
    Figaro Castle

Will do
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Ok. I've got the airship and all that stuff and I've also got Gau, and Mog. I was extremely lucky on the boss in the treasure chest right before Dullahan... I didn't know that Edgars chainsaws instant kill worked on it!

You've got lots of frusterating stuff ahead of you, phoenix cave = hell.

Blog Entries

Yea, that place must be a real pain...

Inescapable battles = hell

Blog Entries

Sorry for the late reply here but I've had a whole lot of other stuff to do.
    Well... I've finally got Shadow and I'm about to face Phunaba (or whatever its name was) for the second time.

Super late edit: I just discovered that I forgot to mention the last parts of my progress in this thread. Anyways... I completed this challange months ago, but because of lack of free time while doing this challange, this thread kinda died and once I got back to playing the challange I didn't bother to revive it.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 10-11-2005 at 07:41 PM.