Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Default Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Has anyone attempted the low level challenge for Final Fantasy VI?

I have been cracking at it for a few weeks now, I am finally at the last boss. If anyone else has attempted this I would love to compare experiences, or if anyone is interested in trying I would love to help you out if you have any questions.

For those of you who are new to this, Low Level game basically means going through the game and beating it at as low a level as possible for all of your characters. There are 2 really helpful and informative guides at GameFAQs to get you started or help you out, I would suggest only referring to them if you get stuck, it's more rewarding to figure out how to win on your own, even when faced with a terrible disadvantage.

Another reason to attempt this challenge is that at the end of the game you'll be able to have all of the espers and be at extremely low levels, which means you'll be able to reap the benefits of having all of the esper's stat mods at level up. For instance, you'd be able to have odin and get +1 to speed mod for 93 levels straight if you wanted, making all of your characters speedy freaks, something you wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Basically this challenge will provide you the tools for making the most powerful parties legitly possible.

Oh yeah, I'm new to the forums, probably the biggest square freak I know. I'm a fan of eyesonff, just never posted before this.
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 09-07-2004 at 11:06 PM.

How did you get that far? Some monsters can deal a lot more damage that the starting HP of the characters is. And since you can't boost it with materia or junction, I'm clueles.

Oh, and welcome to EoFF.

Blog Entries

The doom trick could make some parts pretty easy. GLR, remember that you only are going to face bosses, no random encouters. I would like to try this out someday. But not rigth now.

The final boss however... is immune to the Doom trick. When I played my no Esper, first weapon and first armour challange, then I used Shadow to trow all the most powerfull weapons on the boss. Relms sketch could also be used to cause some pretty good dammage. Gogo, miming Shadows trow is also powerfull and since Shadow can block attacks with interceptor, you could make him pretty hard to kill if you also equip him with a good sheild.

This will probably leave you baffled, in the low level game, vanish / doom trick for bosses is PROHIBITIED, you have to win fair and square, no throwing super balls, no using bought rods for spells, etc.

At the last boss my party is all level 7 and they have about 150-200 hp. There is ALWAYS some way you can set up your party to win, regardless of level. As SharkESP says in his guide, you will lose if you are not prepared, not because you are not a high enough level. There is always some way to win even against that damn Imperial Air Force (God that was a pain in the ass)

This challenge has been a really rewarding experience for me, it's easily the toughest FFVI challenge, if anyone is interested in starting a lowlevel ffvi game, let me know, I'll be happy to get you started and give you more tips than you'll probably ever want to hear.

Blog Entries

Good. I don't like ufair battles. Atleast not when the player use them. baffled? I guess this challange could be alot harder than the level 1 Ozma challange in FFIX... maybe it's even harder than Emerald and Ruby without materia? And Omega and Ultima without stats junctioning, only first weapons + no drawable GFs and no card refining... Hmmm... I really need to try this out!!!

But I don't want anyones help when I try it. I always want to do everything myself.
    But charing experience is fun. Tell me when you beat the final boss. Hmmm... the fanatics tower...

Oh, and ofcourse it's possible. There's a way to counter every boss. If there's an FF challange that's possible, but that I still can't complete... I'm going to hang myself. Ok, not really... but I never give up when it comes to FF challanges. I could try a battle in 3100 hours and still don't give up.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-07-2004 at 10:12 PM.

Give me feedback on your progress, oh and just so you know, the hardest battle in the entire game (in my opinion) is the first ultros battle, I was literally screaming out of frusteration after about 2 hours. Although this is also the greatest relief when you beat it, don't get discouraged =P

Here are the official rules, if there are any.

(From rjpageuk / Crinkles guide on gameFAQs)

-Do not throw rods that were bought
    -Do not throw elemental shields
    -Do not throw superballs
    -Do not use vanish/magic to win a battle
    -"Psycho Cyan" is considered a glitch and may not be used to win a battle

(End excerpt)

You should also know that there are a few places that are FORCED experience, the best way to do this is to unload it all on one character (preferably Gau since he can be lept off and left to exclude his level into the re-averaging process of levels when you pick up a character) For the record, these forced experience times are as follows:

(From rjpageuk / Crinkles guide on gameFAQs)

MagRoaders: 2054 Exp Points.
    Spit Fire/Sky Armor: 6450-7150 Exp Points.
    Dahlings: 2302 Exp Points.
    Still-Life: 2328 Exp Points.

(End excerpt)

Good luck!
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 09-07-2004 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Don't worry. I'm used to "long battles with many tries." However... I won't start this at once... as I said earlier. But I hope to start in 7 days. I tell you when I start. What about Atma?
    How would you rank his hardness compared to the other bosses? (Atma is my fav boss in FFVI.)

Oh, and thanx for the info. I keep those things in mind.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-07-2004 at 10:43 PM.

Well there is 2 atmas, the first time you encounter him on the floating continent he's pretty tough, he has a few moves that can wipe out your whole party but with wall rings on everyone you'll be pretty much resistant to his regular magic. He is one of the few bosses you have to beat by rasping and osmosing him to death, when Atma runs out of MP he dies. There are definately much tougher bosses, but he's no pushover.

The second time you fight him he is an optional boss on Kefka's Tower, I didn't have many problems here, I think I beat him my first try because I had economizer, gem box, life 3 and 128%+ magic evade so he basically couldn't hit me, and when he did I was instantly revived and could recast it on myself.

I fought Kefka again today, I thought I would chronicle the last moments of a 3 hour battle, I just got unlucky...

For your viewing pleasure:

Here we are, things were looking good, I had a couple of ultimas hitting him for nearly 2000 damage each hit, that was, when he wasn't busy destroying me.

He unleashes Goner, this is probably the 5th or 6th time he did so, no way around it killing everyone, but I got my 2 active characters on life 3 right after.

Yay, saved by life 3 again, everything is okay, right?

WRONG, right after my Life 3 hits, the bastard casts Meteor, my ATB bar didn't even have time to raise before he used it. At this point, I'm screwed.

Every one of those celestial chunks must have hit me right in the face, because this did about 10000% more damage than I had HP.

The tragic ending, and I WAS SO CLOSE!!! Expect to see a screen like this one plenty of times if you try the Final Fantasy VI lowlevel game haha.

Blog Entries

Yea, I know that you can rasp their MP to kill them... but I'll try to beat them by dealing dammage.

lol. I've experienced that atleast 12 times. Knowing that, whatever you face, is going to die in a few hits... and then... *all characters die because of some **** attack.* GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    But sometimes that's just fun...

:rolleyes2 >

I BEAT IT LAST NIGHT!

I decided to rasp away all of Kefka's magic before he started using Goner + Meteor so I wouldn't experience another impossible spell combo like above, it took _forever_ to rasp away all of his MP, I don't know how much he has, but it's ALOT when you're only rasping him for 50-60 mp each time.

Again, I took some screenshots to chronicle the great success!!

-

This is beautiful... First the Goner message...

Whoops! Looks like you don't have enough MP for Goner! Better luck next time!

Terra + Ultima = Rules, even at level 7.

GLORIOUS part 1

GLORIOUS part 2

Ahhh, time to relax knowing I've finally finished this challenge! What a great day.

Good luck to anyone who trys, the whole challenge was great fun, frusterating at times, but fun. Okay enough for now!

Blog Entries

Time to do the next challange... same but with solo character. lol

I guess his MP is like 9999 or something.

Well, I beat Kefka with 2 characters =P And with a combined total of 2 hp between them, hahaha.

I just checked on his MP, he actually has 38000 O_O Maybe I would have reconsidered my strategy if I knew that from the beginning. Wow... That means that was about 691 rasps I had to dish out... Maybe closer to 650 with the spells he casted while I was rasping him.

Blog Entries

Is this your first "FF challange" or have you done others?

Oh, really? I thougth the max MP a boss could have was 9999.

This is my first ACTUAL challenge, typically I go through the game when it comes out without any help to get everything out of it, then I re-play it with a strategy guide and get everything and max my game out (collect all items, highest level, strongest everything, all side-quests done, etc.) Then I will occasionally come back and play through it again to experience the story again. Challenges never really appealed to me, actually I only did this one because it's the only way to get ultimate characters in Final Fantasy VI, which is my next stop! But actually now that I had so much fun in this challenge I might do others, which one would you suggest next? What's the most fun?