Thread: FF8 help pls...screen goes black awhile

Default FF8 help pls...screen goes black awhile

While i was playing FF8 in Disc 1..suddenly my screen goes black for a second...and it occur in different places too.

The 1st time it occur was when Squall was talking to Quistis
    The 2nd time was when Squall was talking to Selphie

Pls help me...although it is just a secong black screen..i want my disc to be in perfect condition( if it is the disc problem)..

I have also installed the patch...can it be my monitir problem or my graphics card problem???

Sounds like it might be skipping the FMV sequences, or did you see those?

I can see all the FMV's..
    The prob occurs not during the FMV but during normal game

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are you playing the game on your PS2? If so, always use the normal disc speed option. High speed might improve some loading times, but it messes up some games.

Check the disc for dirt or scratches; if the disc is dirty, it can be cleaned with a soft cloth - tissues work well - by gently rubbing from the centre of the disc, out toward the edge (like the spokes of a wheel, never around in circles). If the disc is scratched, then those scratches may need to be repaired. Re-surfacing is affordable and reliable, and completely removes all scratches.

But it's usually good to know exactly what the cause of the problem is before spending money to get it repaired :twocents:

I am very very sorry...
    I am playing FF8 PC version.
    i am have contact the EA games but they also dunno how to solve it.....