Thread: FF8 The Lonely Child

Default FF8 The Lonely Child

Poor ff8, the sequel to such an awesome groundbreaking game, how could it have done any better than ff7, really? I never even knew it came out untill i went looking for ff7 in eb. But ive only been a fan for a couple of years, so i didnt take much notice anyway, but ill tell you what i think anyway, i finished FF8 before FF7 because quite frankly, FF8 was more enjoyable, the fact that nearly everything was customisable with magic, so you could raise and lower HP and Str easy with a good 100 ultimas, if you wanted to spend your time going from place to place drawing it... but the reason i enjoyed it more than FF7 is because it had a great battle system, it looked reallly plain and simple, but it was a game based on a dude in the military, FF7 took a shat on its story but its gameplay was what kept me going, that and the chane that i might see some t and a. (you kneva know wit ff!)

But i found it really easy to level up once i got to about level 60, the island closest to hell had resonably hard monsters, but with the appropriate spells junctioned to your hp strengh and all the resistances it was easy (remeber the big assed dinosaur quistis and squall take on?) just a matter of working with what u got, but after my first battle squall went from level 60 to level 73 and rinoa went to level 70 and zell to level 71, from there it just got easier and easier, but my gf's compatability was trouthouse cause i was doing 9999 with everyone, so not worth using them for 599 damage.... i only ever used ceberus from then on, ill share with you my boss battle tactics,

1.summon ceberus
    2.cast triple haste
    3.cast all your defenceive magicks, Protect, Shell
    4.cast triple meltdown on boss
    5.cast triple aura
    6.cast triple regen
    7.use limits to easily defeat boss, if things get hairy use triple curaga

its been a while, but i think thats about it, worked for me.

btw, its a good idea to record the endings, cause the first time around u might not get it fully, and we wouldnt want you to have to fight your uber hard boss again now would we? I even recorded my battle to marvel at my awe and quick fingers when i used zells limit.
    (SPOILER)SIN IS JECHT

sounds good..i beat ff8 before 7 too