Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Apocolypse

I wasn't expecting the movie to be a replica of the games, and I'm really glad it wasn't. I liked Resident Evil for PS (the only one I've played), but I already knew what was going to happen, it would be kind of a waste just to see it again on the big screen. Just like the X-Men movies, I'm glad they're different from the comics, I've already read the comics.

Both movies were great, and the second movie was better than the first. Sienna Guillory did a wonderful rendition of Jill Valentine. And I really liked what they did with Milla Jovovich's character. I like how they took the time to explain the T-Virus even further in depth, and it's kind of somber near the end of the movie (SPOILER)when you find out who Nemesis is. The (SPOILER)motorcycle scene is BRILLIANT! And I liked how this one felt like a Resident Evil game (at least the first one), much more than the first movie did. And they have left it open for a third one, and hopefully they make it. My only complaint is that they overdid (SPOILER)the whole someone's in danger and someone else shows up at the right moment and saves them just a little too much.

For anyone who has played the rest of the games, do you have any idea what (SPOILER)Project Alice is?

I rather liked the movie. Besides, I like good zombie movies; unfortunately around 99% of them are rubbish. The only good ones I've ever seen are the Night of the Living Dead trilogy, the remakes of Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days later, and then Resident Evil 1 & 2.

And I didn't think Alice with superhuman powers was a big deal. It just begs the question: Who'd win in a fight between Alice and Wesker?
    Sig under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedRankLou
    For anyone who has played the rest of the games, do you have any idea what (SPOILER)Project Alice is?
    It's not in the games as far as I know...

I'm actually a pretty big fan of zombie movies too. But this movie doesn't really have zombies after the first half... which is kinda where Alice takes over the lead role from Jill. I guess it's all a matter of opinion... I really thought what they did with Nemesis at the end was ultra stupid.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Yeah, (SPOILER)I was kind of disappointed he died after only being hit with a couple hundred bullets and a flaming helicopter. But whattyagonnado? And, Nemesis switching loyalties was definitely not good. Not terribly bad, considering the context, but definitely not good.
    Sig under construction.

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super Christ
    Who'd win in a fight between Alice and Wesker?
    what a silly question it is obvious that the almighty Wesker would win, he rox.

And Nemesis switches loyalties?? does that mean he turns...........good.............cos that just sounds super stupid in my head, and he dies differently, whats all tht about, everyone knows Jill killed him with a big gun thing (in the game) this film sounds stupider <-------is that even a word, and stupider everytime I hear summet else about it.

This post is just a big spoiler, for the movie and for the games.

(SPOILER)Yeah, Nemmy switches sides in the end. But it *does* make sense, since he's that guy from the first movie, the other one that survived the Hive along with Alice.

As for Alice vs. Wesker, I'm not sure who'd win; Wesker is definitely faster and stronger, but now Alice apparently has the ability to kill people with her mind. Unless the movie was trying to imply that Alice got the T-Veronica virus, in which case they're probably an even match; with Alice maybe having a bit of an edge since she's gotten some extra work from Umbrella. Wesker's definitely cooler, but unless his bad self appears in Resident Evil 4, I'm not sure he can compete.
    Sig under construction.

Did anyone notice this one was farrrr more comdeic than the previous movie? I think that worked to their advantage also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by louby_4eva
    And Nemesis switches loyalties?? does that mean he turns...........good.............cos that just sounds super stupid in my head, and he dies differently, whats all tht about, everyone knows Jill killed him with a big gun thing (in the game) this film sounds stupider <-------is that even a word, and stupider everytime I hear summet else about it.
    Well, with the advent of Alice, it puts a new spin on the whole Nemesis story, and what (and who) Nemesis is, and I thought it was played out rather well. There's a really good reason for what happened. I don't know if Nemesis is given any background or anything in the game, but it is in this movie, and that's what makes the scene so awesome and gives it reason.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I saw the movie last night. It was alright. I liked it infinitely more than the Resident Evil games, which I hate. The movie had far too many "cheap" scare scenes. What I mean by that is when they try to surprise the audience with a sudden startling action on screen. I HATE when movies do that because it is the cheapest way to get a scare out of someone. It does not leave a lasting impression and is not scary. The movie Signs managed to be quite scary with very, very few of these scenes.

I can't really make the connection between the movies and the games. Strangely enough, Resident Evil is the only game to movie series that I'm not familiar with.

This isn't my fault. I just simply cannot get through the games. I find the control system horrid, and the survival horror genre just does nothing for me.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

the first film was crap enough though i,ll still give this film a chance.

i,m a HUGE resident evil/Bio Hazard fan as well. the films lack the atmosphere, characters, intricate story and power of the games.

i never expected it to be scary(every RE after the first is about as scary as Pokemon) but i expected quality, and they SOMEHOW screwed it up.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    atmosphere, characters, intricate story and power of the games.
    You've got to be kidding me.
    goku

Inticrate story, ha.

It's a zombie movie, people. Plain and simple. Get over it.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

play Code Veronica. that has an epic storyline.

and even the others r pretty good. i wont get over **** till they make a decent resi film. *christ, ignorent ppl*.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, I'm a big RE fan and I have to agree with the two of them.

Though I still don't like the movies because they have so little to do with the games. Kinda like the Super Mario movie. I mean sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    play Code Veronica. that has an epic storyline.
    Yeah Code Veronica is really great.It's one of my favorites Re series..And Resident Evil 2-Leon's scenario especially-is very cool too.

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity