Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Apocolypse

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i killed cybil so definitly not . there r 5 ends right?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Silent Hill is a horrible series... granted I only played part 2, but from what I've heard, that is supposed to be one of the best ones and it was HORRIBLE. Story was okay... pretty interesting, but the gameplay was pure, unadultered crap. It was also about as scary as... umm... something not scary at all. Haha.

Hmm... somehow this turned into an RE vs SH thread... Lemme see... yea, about the movie, I guess I can understand why it was made the way it was since Alice came in... but what I don't understand is why Alice had to come in at all...
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

because milia johovich is hot

i found the blocky jill from the original resident evil more attractive then milia johovich .

BatChao...u dont think silent hill is the scary? then i bow down 2 u, 4 that means u can not feel fear!
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    because milia johovich is hot
    Indeed,but this does not make the movie good...i can't say it sucked but it wasn't that great as the RE fans expected..

Quote Originally Posted by BatChao
    yea, about the movie, I guess I can understand why it was made the way it was since Alice came in... but what I don't understand is why Alice had to come in at all...
    Alice had to come in for the same reason that Jean Gray is the scientist in the X-Men movie instead of Beast. The Resident Evil movies are not the Resident evil games, just as the X-Men movies are not the X-Men comics. When I went to see the first Resident Evil movie, I didn't watch but one like 10 second trailer, and I didn't get that Milla's character was Alice, I thought she was Jill. When I saw that she wasn't Jill, I was intrigued, and the movie turned out to be exceptionally interesting, because I was thinking they were just going to put the game on the big screen (i.e. House of the Dead). I have played Resident Evil and I know what happens. If they were to just put that on the big screen, I would have been quite disappointed, because the story would have been ruined for me and I wouldn't have been surprised by any turn of events at all. I'm glad they changed stuff, and what they've done with Alice, how she relates to the T-Virus, and everything about her part in the story is awesome, not to mention them actually giving Nemesis some kind of story also. I also liked how they explained the T-Virus. While I only starting to play the rest of the Resident Evil games (now playing RE0), I am a fan of at least the first game, and I love these movies.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i found the blocky jill from the original resident evil more attractive then milia johovich
    Milla doesn't play Jill, Sienna Guillory plays Jill, who does a brilliant Jill by the way. Her first scene alone made her a good Jill in my eyes.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

BatChao...u dont think silent hill is the scary? then i bow down 2 u, 4 that means u can not feel fear!

Agreed. *brrrr...*

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    who cares about the video games

first movie was great

Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedRankLou
    Alice had to come in for the same reason that Jean Gray is the scientist in the X-Men movie instead of Beast. The Resident Evil movies are not the Resident evil games, just as the X-Men movies are not the X-Men comics.

What I think is that the X-men movies were good even though they did not follow the comics exactly was that because they followed them enough and more importantly, stayed true to the theme and feeling of the comics. Now imagine that they made an X-men movie that had the X-men in it, but a completely seperate team of mutants that were never in the comics came along and proceed to become the star of the movie. The X-men are still there, but they are pushed aside and reduced to not doing much but walking around and having to be rescued by this new mutant team. Then at the end, the new team defeats to main villain instead of the X-men. Wouldn't you be like... "WTF?!" Also imagine that the movie becomes like a horror movie instead of action/drama. This is how I felt about RE:A... it fails to stay true to the feeling of RE by become little more than a generic action movie. There are little to no scenes with that 'survival horror' feel to it, which is what bugged me the most. But what also bothered me is that Alice completely takes over the main role from Jill and (SPOILER) defeats Nemesis by herself while Jill lies helpless and captured. These are the two main things that bothered me the most, which is why the school and church scenes are some of my fave moments in the movie because they have that 'What's lurking around here?' kind of feel to them. It's also why I like the first movie since it was more of a horror movie with action sprinkled in.

Oh yea, and the action scenes were also HORRIBLY directed. Nothing but a bunch of dizzying close up shots randomly edited together. If you're gonna throw that much action into the movie, at least make it look good.

But I do agree that Sienna Guillroy did a damn good job of portraying Jill...
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I saw it on opening day, and sweet Jebus did it kick ass! I liked it even more than the first one, and I really liked the first one.

I still haven't played Code Verionica though...they won't sell it here. ;__;
    I like Kung-Fu.

personally i really think the films are awful. the films present RE as just zombies. there is much more to RE then zombies...much more...

FFXIV Character

personally i really think the films are awful. the films present RE as just zombies. there is much more to RE then zombies...much more...
    Then I definitely didn't see the same films you did.
    I like Kung-Fu.

have u played any of the other games?

FFXIV Character

have u played any of the other games?
    My played RE games list:
    Resident Evil
    Resident Evil: Directors Cut
    Resident Evil: REmake
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    Resident Evil 0
    Reisdent Evil: Survivor (ABOMINATION!)

Umm yeah I think thats all of them.
    I like Kung-Fu.

wow your a seasoned vet like me (i highly recommend code veronica).

i guess it just comes down to how u feel the films compare to the games. 4 me, film is just not RE...