Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Apocolypse

Default Resident Evil: Apocolypse

Hey all! I saw this movie last night and must say I am really disappointed. Not because the movie is bad (I actually think it's an alright movie as far as sensless action movies go), but because it really doesn't do anything to try to stay true to the games besides throwing in some characters. I really like the first one because even though none of those characters were in the games, I felt it kept true to the spirit of RE. RE is a story about how different people are affected by Umbrella and in the first RE movie, that was their story and it had the same feel as the games. This is why I like the first movie... not because it was great by any means, but because it really made me feel like I was watching Resident Evil.

I was really excited about the sequel because it had Jill Valentine (one of my all time fave video game characters) and Nemesis and Carlos and other characters from the game and it took place in Raccoon City. It really looked like they might follow the plot from RE3. But sadly, they did not. What the film ended up as was some crazy action movie (not even horror) with little to do with the game. Not only was the story butchered to shreds, but so was the atmosphere. I think it all stems from Alice reappearing in this movie when she didn't have to....especially not with all these new superhuman powers. I think they should have left her out and focused more on Jill and Carlos and their battle to escape the city. There are some parts of the movie that work... the church, and the school were both pretty cool... most likely because of the absence of Alice. RE isn't about punching zombies in the face and doing crazy martial arts on them... it's about sneaking around unknown places not knowing what's gonna pop out at you. These scenes felt like that. They also did a great job on making the characters from the game look like they're supposed to. Jill totally looked like Jill... it was awesome! Nemesis was a pretty faithful recreating, and Carlos wasn't bad either.

Anyway, that's a lot to write about a movie I didn't really like. I mean... the movie itself was okay. The friends I went to see it with who don't follow the RE games though it was an alright movie. I just thought that it totally blew past it's source material, which makes me a bit sad. What did the rest of you think?
    Last edited by BatChao; 09-11-2004 at 07:56 PM.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

i personally am not to interested in the RE games, i played a couple different ones but i always found myself wondering where the heck i was supposed to go. The few times i played with my friend telling me where to go is when i had the most fun, but i still had to find all the items by myslef and figure stuff out, he just helped a little.I havent seen either of the RE movies but both look pretty good (the first looked better in my oppinion).
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The games are great but the movies suck.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish I could play the games, but I don't have a Gamecube. And I don't think they make any for playstation/2. *growl*. They look pretty good.

Oh,and no-haven't seen the movie. And now I don't want to.

--Box Box Box Box

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can pick up a copy of RE: Code Veronica X used for about $12 for PS2, if you'd like a fix, or just get a copy of 1/2/3 for PS1.

I'd like to see the movie, though I'm sure I'd be let down. I love the games but really disliked the first movie.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    You can pick up a copy of RE: Code Veronica X used for about $12 for PS2, if you'd like a fix, or just get a copy of 1/2/3 for PS1.
    That's what I thought, but i wasn't completely sure. I only wish they'd make the fourth one for ps2 also.

--Box Box Box Box

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

Ive not seen the RE movie yet because its not out in the UK yet, but me and my friends figured it'd prob be rubbish. Does Alice save Jill at any point, cos we guessed that, Alice would be the main character and would end up saving Jill (even tho Jill could totally look after herself) oh and why has Alice got super-human powers?? thats just stupid. I love the RE series, ive completed RE 1 2 3 and 1 remake, Ive got all the novels, by S.D.Perry out currently (there's another coming out soon, cant wait) and I think tht the 1st film was rubbish, it was an alrite film, just not a gd RE film, it wrecked the whole RE name. I cant stress enough how much I hated that film, so I dunno if i wanna watch the 2nd 1, if its as bad as u say it is, I'll be rantin and ravin 4 days . I know it seems a lil obsessive but it annoys me when things like this happen, like the 1st or 4th Star Wars film:episode 1, that was terrible, I loved the first three but stopped liking star wars when I saw episode 1, Ive not even watched the 2nd. *deep breath* gotta calm down, all this rantin' is not good, okay. WOAH, didnt realize I'd write this much.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

who cares about the video games

first movie was great

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    The games are great but the movies suck.
    I have to agree here,i expected the first movie to be great but it wasn't as i was hoping to.-i haven't seen the second,it hasen't come in Greece yet-

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

For the RE fans, Alice fights Nemesis. That speaks for itself.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

It was a pretty good movie, worth seeing in the movie theatres. I liked alota parts and disliked fewer parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    I haven't gotten over the first movie yet (too scary for me!), so I aint gonna see the second. The games were awesome.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    who cares about the video games

first movie was great
    Who cares about YOU, bitch.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

right let's settle this with shotguns and a mansion

rolling up my sleeves

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

I never played any RE games until after i saw the 1st Movie

Now Ive played and Beat most of them for GC & PS/PS2

I Loved the Movie I thought It had a Great RE feel to it in the parts without Alice & Also that it had a whole new Level of Story and @$$ Kicking in the Parts with Alice.

I loved the 2nd Movie Even more than the 1s & I Have liked almost every RE game... guess its more opinion than anything though.

I Resident Evil and I Alice with cool new Super-Human Powers to Kick Zombie Butt