Thread: Classical Bass

Default Classical Bass

Hey all, I was wondering if anybody knew of a website where i could find classical bass guitar stuff. I can play part of both Fur Elise and the moonlight sonata on my bass, but I want more. I really enjoy playing classical stuff on the bass but i havent really found any good places on the web for it. Does anybody know anything about this? If i absolutely had to I possibly would buy a book or something, if that was all there is. Im hoping to not have to shell out any money though. Anyways, any help you could give me would be much appreciated. thanks.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

hmm, cool. I wish i could help you, but i'm far more into Blues improv. right now than the classics. I can tell you that if you download PowerTab (free) you can download tablature directly for that program, my friend has the Sonata De Luna on there for guitar and bass. If you have Tab (or Notation) for the Moonlight Sonata, any chance you could PM me with it? or send it to my e-mail? I've been meaning to learn it for a while, it's easily my favorite classical piece.

Hey, actaully i already have power tab. i love that program. And yes, i DO have the moonlight sonata tab on bass. It's the stuart hamm tapping version. Pretty awesome if you ask me. I will send it to you. if you like, you and i could swap some of the things we wrote. it's always really nice to hear other musicians work.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

The bassist from MANOWAR plays Flight of the Bumblebee (with a pick though, don't know how you play). Tabs for most of the song are here.

http://www.manowar.ch/sting.txt

If you have KaZaa or something similiar download "Sting of the Bumblebee."

Oh yeah, this song is impossible.

^^Yeah it's like the ultimate speed test for guitarists... Yngwie and John Petrucci I have heard play it. Of course it would be insane to hear this on Bass I'll look for that MP3. Heh... do you think John Myung could do it

/off-topic

EDIT: PS, Moose Knight, read my posts in the Music Genre thread.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Quote Originally Posted by Chzn8r
    ^^Yeah it's like the ultimate speed test for guitarists... Yngwie and John Petrucci I have heard play it. Of course it would be insane to hear this on Bass I'll look for that MP3. Heh... do you think John Myung could do it
    John Myung...I dunno. When Manowar does it, he uses a pick. But then again, John taps bass a lot so maybe that's how he'd do it. Really don't know.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

I dunno about John Myung. Maybe the guy from Bela Fleck and the flecktones. He walked on freaking Jaco Pastorius with some of his stuff. Try to find ANYONE else who can do that. freaking pastorius man...

You'd be hard pressed to find anybody who can do what Victor Wooten does (the guy from the flecktones, if you didn't know) Ive seen him live once, and it was just inexplicably amazing.

I was gonna start talking about Stuart hamm, but i think ill jsut make a bass guitar thread or something sometime