Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X NSGIENC challenge. (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Well, I come with odd news... I suppose it's good news, but it just so happens to also be ridiculously horrible news at the same time. Once again, my challenge has proved numerous people dead wrong. If anyone writes, or tells you Sanctuary Keeper is impossible on NSGIENC, they're MISTAKEN! Sanctuary Keeper is indeed possible, but almost by the lowest means you could consider possible possible. I would guess that it is a 1 in 5,000 chance you'll win, and that's even being nice on the odds. So here is the low down for all of you just dying to hear.

Sanctuary Keeper DOES in fact ALWAYS strike first, they were no doubt right about this, I don't know if he has initiative or just higher speed than any of your characters, but I played him 30 times or so, and he always went first, without fail...

Sanctuary Keeper ALSO ALWAYS uses Photon Wings as his first attack, no matter what. Both of these things were correct, they happen every single time, without fail...

So... How is this possible you might be asking? WELL I'll tell you.

Auron's base HP is 1030, and guess what. At base stats, with initial equipment and no customization, Photon Wings OCCASIONALLY only does 1000-1030 damage, leaving Auron with 10 or 20 HP every now and then. SO! Every few tries, I end up with one guy, with roughly 1 to 30 hit points who now gets a turn! Sound too good to be true? Well, don't worry.. It is... Photon Wings doesn't JUST do damage. It also infects you with almost every status effect in the game, so you'll either sleep through your turn, or you'll be confused and waste your turn and then get slaughtered. but GUESS WHAT, if you're lucky enough to have made it this far, you MIGHT randomly not get sleep OR confuse. In this rare, rare, rare, rare, rare case, you'll see the menu pop up, and you'll have yourself a turn!

Don't get too excited, you've FAR from won. This is the only way I can see the battle being won, note the EXTREME luck involved.

>>Enter battle with Kimahri, Wakka, and Auron
    >>Sanctuary Keeper uses Photon Wings
    >>Auron takes less than 1030 damage and does not recieve sleep or confuse status
    >>Auron switched to Rikku
    >>Rikku uses chocobo feather on herself
    >>Sanctuary Keeper physically attacks Rikku (must miss*)
    >>Rikku uses phoenix down on Wakka
    >>Rikku mixes Trio of 9999
    >>Sanctuary Keeper uses physical attack (must miss*)
    >>Sanctuary Keeper uses Mana Blast
    >>If Wakka is alive, uses attack reels (OVERKILL)
    >>If Rikku is alive, uses fire/water gem (OVERKILL)

*=This method is theoretically possible, therefore meaning, contrary to popular belief, this battle is NOT impossible to win, just very, very, very, very, very improbable. Rikku and Wakka have an evasion stat of 5 which basically means they have ALMOST no chance of being missed, but again, it IS possible, just an extremely rare occurance. Sanctuary Keeper must miss twice in a row in this battle, the odds of that must be outrageous, but with enough persistence, it will eventually happen...Hopefully.

So there you have it. This challenge can go beyond this point, how long it takes me to actually get there, god only knows. I don't expect to beat this guy in the near future, the luck required for this is insane.

Blog Entries

HA! I KNEW IT WAS POSSIBLE!!! *insane laugh* :laugh:

Ok, well... I have just 1 question. I forgot where you can get the stuff for trio of 9999 this early...

You can do Trio of 9999 from the time you pass Home in Bikanel Desert because you find a Level 4 Key Sphere there which can be used with an Underdog's Secret, which you get 99 of from Rin when you meet him on the airship.

After that, at the Calm Lands you can race chocobos at the temple for 30 Wings to Discovery, which can be mixed for Trio of 9999. At this point in the game there is plenty of possibilities.

I've been thinking about new strategies at work, there may be a way to beat him without having him miss twice, but only once rather. I'm not sure if it will work, but this is my idea.

>>Enter battle with Tidus, Wakka, and Auron
    >>Sanctuary Keeper uses Photon Wings
    >>Auron takes less than 1030 damage and does not recieve sleep or confuse status
    >>Auron switched to Rikku
    >>Rikku uses chocobo feather on herself
    >>Sanctuary Keeper physically attacks Rikku (must miss*)
    >>Rikku uses phoenix down on Wakka
    >>Rikku uses phoenix down on Tidus
    >>Sanctuary Keeper uses physical attack (can not hit Rikku)
    >>If Tidus is alive, fakeswitches
    >>If Wakka is alive, fakeswitches
    >>Rikku mixes Trio of 9999
    >>If Tidus is alive, uses slice and dice (OVERKILL)
    >>If Wakka is alive, uses attack reels (OVERKILL)

I don't know if this will work because I'm not sure how the turn order would work if Rikku used 2 phoenix downs, I'll just have to try until I find out. The one thing I have concluded is that the first strategy would be better to replace Wakka with Tidus, wakka does more damage, but it's unnecessary because Tidus will do enough damage to kill Sanctuary Keeper anyway. Tidus also has better agility and evasion making your chances a little better. I would say Lulu because of her incredible evasion, but she's got such bad agility it would surely screw things up.

If only I had a mega phoenix... I had to use both of them to beat Seymour on the highbridge, if I had a mega-phoenix this portion of the challenge would be a good deal easier.

Blog Entries

Hmmm... isn't there any way at all to get a mega pheonix? Well, atleast it IS possible.
    There's no way you'r going to back off now, right?

Yeah, I'm convinced I can beat it without a mega-phoenix, although... I wonder if you can win mega-phoenix from Blitzball... I don't think you can, but that would be cool.

Blog Entries

I checked it out and YES IT IS!!! LEAGUE, second place prizes:

-------------------------------------------
    ITEMS ABILITIES
    ---------------- ---------------
    "Mega Phoenix"
    Elixir
    Mega Potion
    X-Potion
    Phoenix Down*2
    Remedy*2
    Ether

Found this on gamefaqs.

Nice, maybe I'll spend some time getting this.

Thanks for checking!

Blog Entries

Better spending some time on that than spending countless hours on getting slayed by the boss.

Ahhh! You can't play Blitzball on Mt. Gagazett, looks like I'll have to do it without Mega-Phoenix. If I had known I would have gotten it before I came up. Oh well, I think I can do it without mega-phoenix.

if the worst come to the worseurur would u conside nipping down to the calm land too play blitz to get ur mega-phoniex?
    Beyond the lines of freedom

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

No, it took FAR too long to make it past those sprawling areas, and I got lucky once. Not doing it again.

Blog Entries

C'mon!! I'm counting on you dude!!!

Man, I guess it'll be hard to find a harder challange than this one...

Sanctuary Keeper is officially DEAD! And I video taped his snuff for PROOF! Now I have the Wedding, Seymour on the highbridge, and Sanctuary Keeper ALL on tape, three things people deemed impossible, BWAHAHAHAHA I love proving people wrong.

Awsome your some guy jst how did you do it?
    Beyond the lines of freedom

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.