Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X NSGIENC challenge. (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kilika
    dude its not impossible. if anyone could do it its Ultima Shaddow.....ohh i get a chill everytime i hear that name
    lol, I'll try it someday. But first I have to try out his FFVI challange...

I'm progressing fairly well, my biggest pain yet has been getting ambushed and destroyed after killing a boss that took forever to beat, etc.

I am at Spherimorph, and tediouly had to beat him... Took like 30-40 minutes, then I was walking to the travel agency to save it... And got attacked, ambushed, and killed.

Also, since I am staying true to my original intent and not CHEATING, I'm not even learning Flee with Tidus, even though that gameFAQs guide guy did (what a cheater!) I'm just manually escaping with everyone from every fight, and since you acn easily fail, this is dangerous. I constantly die just because of bad luck. This is a frustrating challenge to say the least.

As for progress, I went to bed last night after beating spherimorph and dying on a group of ambushing enemies, so I'll have to re-do that part. That's where I currently am.

By no sphere grid you mean not at all or just abilities? I might try this but I'm not really the patient type.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

I mean not at all, you can never move or activate any node, you might as well not even go to the sphere grid option in the menu the entire game =P

EDIT:: I just beat Seymour and Anima... Finally... All I have to say is... Damn this challenge is hard. I'm waiting until I can start mixing my way to victory with Trio of 9999 And Quartet of 9... Hopefully it will lighten up at that note, because if the bosses get much more difficult, I'm actually not sure if they will be possible NSGIENC anymore...

As usual, I'll let you all know. I'm still going!
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 09-21-2004 at 06:31 AM.

Bikinel Desert was the biggest pain in the ass I have ever heard of... In other news, I'm now at "home". I can't believe I've made it this far, haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Bikinel Desert was the biggest pain in the ass I have ever heard of... In other news, I'm now at "home". I can't believe I've made it this far, haha.
    What made the desert all that bad? And what was the hardest battle so far?

The hardest boss so far was DEFINATELY Seymour/Anima/Seymour in the temple where you get Shiva. But the most frusterating and toughest thing about this game is getting killed by random encounters. If you get ambushed at this point of the game, you might as well restart, everything kills you in one hit, and they wipe you out before you have a chance to run. Since it's initial equipment + no customization + no sphere grid, you can't have first strike, you can't have flee, and you can very easily fail escaping manually. Bikanel Desert was so bad because it's a free run to the next save point, with 5-6 encounters along the way, all of which could easily be an ambush and wipe you out. Big long areas are the worst, I'm dreading Mt. Gagazet for my life... And inside Sin? Forget it...

I will be very surprised if I come out of this challenge on top. I'll say that much, but I'll push and push until I know it's impossible, if it is. As far as I know, it hasn't been done yet. There is no guides on it at least.

Blog Entries

lol. Now I REALLY want to try it out. Soo... none have done this before? Cool.

But I HAVE to do the FFVI challange first. :shame: I must hurry!!!

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

do u think its possible to beat bosses like...

Dark Bahamat, Dark Anima, Dark Yojimbo, Dark Magus Sisters and Penance in a NSGIENC game, WITHOUT ZANMATO?

EDIT-on gamefaqs there are guides 4 beating the game this way. so it IS possible...it just makes the ffVI no level challenge seem a cakewalk...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

I don't know about those bosses, I have the U.S. release so I've never even faced them normally, but in response to your statement, there is actually NO guides on gamefaqs for this challenge, I am doing a NSGIENC That's No Sphere Grid, Initial Equipment, No Customization. There is a NSGIE guide and a NSG... etc. guide But none combining these elements. For instance, the NSGIE guide takes advantage of weapon customization where this challenge does not allow it. In this challenge you should never even visit the sphere grid or weapon customization windows EVER, you should have no need to. So, now you can see, reclaiming my bragging This has never been done before, or at least I can find no record of it...

Blog Entries

Necronopticous is right. There's no combination of Initial Equipment and no Customization in gamesfaqs. And just to add one extra level of difficultness, I'll try it without using Overdrives as well.

Oh, and by the way Necronopticous... you posted your last post twice. Delete one of them.

I'm fairly sure, okay maybe I'm positive that it would be impossible with no overdrives. From what I've seen so far, it would be impossible to beat a few parts if you took out mixing, aeons, or overdrives with NSGIENC. If you decide to try this, tell me how it goes, but like I said. I'm pretty sure it would be just impossible.

Blog Entries

Well, I'll try it out as far as I can get. If it turns out to BE impossible, then I'll play the rest of the game with Overdrives.

I have a feeling you'll be okay until the Extractor. I don't see anyone making it past that NSGIENCNO.

Blog Entries

We shall see... NSGIENCNO lol.

Well, I'll start this as soon as I'm done with FFVI.